Essendon v Melbourne

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hop
Club Captain

Re: Essendon v Melbourne

Post by hop »

We couldn't break the game open and they managed to strangle our movement.

Poor decision making going forward.
Walla and Hooker had shockers. Hooker has stopped to a walk the past couple of games.
Sammy Draper got a lesson and dropped marks he should have taken. Gawn did as he pleased at the hit-outs.
Cox was not up to his usual standard.
Smith is becoming a liability - Snelling please!
They almost kicked themselves out of it.
They are well drilled, stronger and cleaner. Their contested ball work is elite.

Yet despite all that.....We were in it up to our necks. If the Maggots were consistent - particularly in the last quarter we could of/should of won it!
Even the Melbourne fans in the MCC were embarrassed in the final stages.

Now we go down to Sleepy Hollow to have our season finished off.
It's only fair that this game is to be played at GMHBA Stadium. There'll be at least 7 Essendon members/supporters allowed in.
Why have it at the 'G' when 60,000 plus would be able to attend?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

hop wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:59 am We couldn't break the game open and they managed to strangle our movement.

Walla and Hooker had shockers. Hooker has stopped to a walk the past couple of games.
Sammy Draper got a lesson and dropped marks he should have taken. Gawn did as he pleased at the hit-outs.
They are well drilled, stronger and cleaner. Their contested ball work is elite.

Yet despite all that.....We were in it up to our necks. If the Maggots were consistent - particularly in the last quarter we could of/should of won it!

It's only fair that this game is to be played at GMHBA Stadium. There'll be at least 7 Essendon members/supporters allowed in.
Why not indeed,hop?Still,the Pussies got stitched up on Thursday.It will be great for that happen again,to further progress where our Football Club is at.Do we have a Dev Robertson style player to Stitch up Selwood!I Wonder where he’s from? :-"
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

grassy1 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:38 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:22 pm Maggots doing well
Radio Commentators on AW saying Essendon Fans are about to Burn the Stand down.

ThatBad,eh?! :o #-o :roll:
Reason - some of the worst umpiring decisions I have seen this year. We had our chances we could have beaten Melbourne
we failed to take advantage of the opportunities. We also DID NOT get the rub of the green. :-({|=
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

mdso wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:43 pm

Reason - some of the worst umpiring decisions I have seen this year. We had our chances we could have beaten Melbourne
we failed to take advantage of the opportunities. We also DID NOT get the rub of the green. :-({|=
And thanks to Devon we got a 100metre penalty instead of 50 for abusing the umpire. Smart move Devon.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

mdso wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:44 pm
mdso wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:43 pm

And thanks to Devon we got a 100metre penalty instead of 50 for abusing the umpire. Smart move Devon.
Undisciplined stuff that! #-o
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Why this game is being played at GMHBA stadium had me flummoxed since the fixture came our. Its just absolutely ridiculous.

We are THE most followed and supported club in the land and they are treating us like Gold Coast.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:15 pm Why this game is being played at GMHBA stadium had me flummoxed since the fixture came our. Its just absolutely ridiculous.

We are THE most followed and supported club in the land and they are treating us like Gold Coast.
Get used to it,with all that’s going on and be greatfull there’ll be any footy at all,MH.

It’s there Hime Game anyway,so let’s Smash ‘em down there at Sleepy Hollow!!!!!

Besides,it was a joy to watch the Egirls get SHAT ON at Home Again,so Smile! :mrgreen:
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I almost got thrown out of the Members with regard to the apalling umpiring.

I listed about 6 incidents where Melbourne were either gifted goals, or we were denied obvious free kicks near goals. We did not receive one free kick in our forward 50. This does not include the fact that Main constantly grabbed Hooker around his guts, the final one in the last quarter in front of goal where you see Hooker struggling to get either arm loose in an attempt to mark the ball.

The one that tipped me over the edge was when Harms was tackled by Tippa in the last quarter after taking a couple of steps, attempted to kick the ball and missed it altogether. Has been a free all year.

I got so agitated that I was asked by an official to tone it down or I would have to leave.!!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

rockhole wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:37 pm

I listed about 6 incidents where Melbourne were either gifted goals, or we were denied obvious free kicks near goals. We did not receive one free kick in our forward 50. This does not include the fact that Main constantly grabbed Hooker around his guts, the final one in the last quarter in front of goal where you see Hooker struggling to get either arm loose in an attempt to mark the ball.

The one that tipped me over the edge was when Harms was tackled by Tippa in the last quarter after taking a couple of steps, attempted to kick the ball and missed it altogether. Has been a free all year.

I got so agitated that I was asked by an official to tone it down or I would have to leave.!!!!
Not fair,50 000 Eagles Whingers go BOOOOOOOOO all day and are allowed to stay.Except Sunday just gone,when Channel7 forgot to add the appropriate sound effects! 8) :mrgreen: :lol:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I was wondering how many ‘crowd’ frees the woasters didn’t get in that game?
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Think 3 years ahead. That’s how I view our games at the moment. We’re proving to be difficult to play against. Top sides are getting a fair bit of pluck from us. Apart from some 10 minute lapses here and there, we’re right into games.

While we may be losing, we’re giving top sides a shake. I think with this current crop (mostly young punks), will be absolutely fantastic with another 60 odd games under their belt.

I’m really feeling it.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy Hille wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:29 pm Think 3 years ahead. That’s how I view our games at the moment. We’re proving to be difficult to play against. Top sides are getting a fair bit of pluck from us. Apart from some 10 minute lapses here and there, we’re right into games.

While we may be losing, we’re giving top sides a shake. I think with this current crop (mostly young punks), will be absolutely fantastic with another 60 odd games under their belt.

I’m really feeling it.
Pretty much how I'm looking at this season too. Although I started out with a 3 year horizon, but now thinking 2 years might be enough.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

hop wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:59 am We couldn't break the game open and they managed to strangle our movement.

Don't know that we were ever really likely to win it, even with the benefit of some free kicks, but otherwise your summary is very accurate Hop.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

You know the umpiring is an issue when Dermot Brereton comes out and says we were robbed (or words to that effect) as he hates Essendon with a passion!!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Western Red wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:09 pm

You know the umpiring is an issue when Dermot Brereton comes out and says we were robbed (or words to that effect) as he hates Essendon with a passion!!
What?Still?News travels fast in Wait Awhile!Sometimes,......

There’s an ugly Rumour though Red,potentially spreading faster than Delta,involving 2 Shitty AWFULL Clubs our way,which makes me Hate Nisbett and Co,Freo Admin and the WAFC even more than I did before!

More in the WAFL Section if it gains traction.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Western Red wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:09 pm

We got “slaughtered” was what he said!
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I generally don’t comment on these cretins. But the past couple of years has been utter shite. Getting f****** sick of it.

I used to bag Filthy for carrying on week after week bagging umps, but I’m finding myself getting to that point. Why? Because it is fkng atrocious.
Essendunny
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

nudder12 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:54 am
Windy Hille wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:29 pm Think 3 years ahead. That’s how I view our games at the moment. We’re proving to be difficult to play against. Top sides are getting a fair bit of pluck from us. Apart from some 10 minute lapses here and there, we’re right into games.

I’m really feeling it.
Pretty much how I'm looking at this season too. Although I started out with a 3 year horizon, but now thinking 2 years might be enough.
Also depends on how well we draft in the next couple of years, as to how fast it happens for us to arrive as a team that puts the fear of god into other AFL teams. It will happen.