Thanks Sheeds for today but Back on the ball next week!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Thanks Sheeds for today but Back on the ball next week!!!

Post by stryper »

Let me firstly say that Sheeds has been and still is a Master Coach.
But I'm afraid Pagan has got another up on him Big Time...
Today He was simply outsmarted and didn't respond quick enough...

Why leave Mal Michael on Fev when he was getting hammered...
Never make the switch after Carlscum hit the front as it was too late with all the momentum they had by then...

Yes we kicked poorly in the first quarter and should have buried them but give me a break Reynolds last year and now this again...

Either Smash the living crap out of Fevola or double team him...
How bloody difficult is that to see?

After Fletcher was put onto Fevola the rot stopped somewhat but the damage had been done by then...

Sheeds needs to seriously redeem himself next week...
Not Happy Jan!!! :evil:
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

It is difficult to blame the backs for Fevola's goals. The midfield pressure was non existent in the 3rd quarter. He had so much space to lead into....And a couple of gifts. The one when MJ was nabbed for holding the ball and the umpire paid the advantage....a disgraceful decision!
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Yeah agree to a certain extent but it has always been Fevola that has killed us yet again.
Shut that prick down and we Win
Simple as that...
The change with Fletcher should have been made a Hell of a lot sooner...

Plus Complacency is a No No...

Probably a good thing as this will be a Major Wake Up Call for them

One can only hope anyway...
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Only if Lovvet kicked that goal on the run
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

stryper wrote:Yeah agree to a certain extent but it has always been Fevola that has killed us yet again.
Shut that prick down and we Win
Simple as that...
The change with Fletcher should have been made a Hell of a lot sooner...

Plus Complacency is a No No...

Probably a good thing as this will be a Major Wake Up Call for them

One can only hope anyway...
I just hope it doesn't go the other way and send a message to the rest of the comp that no matter how far down you are against Essendon, you're still a chance.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

KaaN10 wrote:Only if Lovvet kicked that goal on the run
Lucas has got off pretty easily - 3.5 and most of the ones he missed were sodas.
Bleeding for the red and black
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

Triple M interviews Fev after the match.

He states that he had an inkling that Sheeds would stick with Mal for a while, just as he had with Joel last year. That stays and he kicks 6.

When Fletch gets a go on him and plays 10m forward of him, it shuts down his lead until Fev tells his guys to kick it wide to beat the Fletch tactics.

Smart play from I guy I still struggle to rate week in and week out.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

84859300 wrote:Triple M interviews Fev after the match.

He states that he had an inkling that Sheeds would stick with Mal for a while, just as he had with Joel last year. That stays and he kicks 6.

When Fletch gets a go on him and plays 10m forward of him, it shuts down his lead until Fev tells his guys to kick it wide to beat the Fletch tactics.

Smart play from I guy I still struggle to rate week in and week out.
Na, he's a gun. Super impressed with him last year. You don't win a Coleman medal in a team that finished last with stuff all opportunities up forward by being a dud. His only problem is what is or isn't between the ears.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

They had the momentum going into half time. We needed to the first couple and didnt get them, it was at that point we needed to slow the game down and drop a man back, preserving our lead for a few minutes to slow down the game.

It was basic stuff, and Sheeds didnt do it once again. Again outsmarted by Pagan, again out-coached.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Yep ,Sheeds was out coached.

Pagan changed his team around until he got what he wanted. Sheedy just kept things the same until it was too late.

How can Sheeds fail to see we were getting smashed in the midfield and not send back an extra man in defence? He even stated that it was not the backlines fault that fev and co. mauled them, but rather it was the midfileds fault.

Well why didnt Sheedy try and compensate for our shocking midfield by throwing a loose man down in defence? Instead he hangs Mal out to dry and lets Carlton clear the ball and kick goals at will. :?
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Rem
Top Up Player

Post by Rem »

Sheedy was outsmarted and naive.
But, meh aside that it's time to move and be on the ball next week.

Which it can happen. Everyone time we f***ing play Carlton, we lose and when we play another team that we are expected to lose - we win. So meh, if the analogy fits, then so will next weeks game.

Bouncing back is what we need.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

pear wrote:
Lucas has got off pretty easily - 3.5 and most of the ones he missed were sodas.
Lucas has played 10 of the best quarters you will ever see this year and is probably currently in the top 3 for the brownlow. Lets not start blaming him for our capitulation on Saturday!!!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Lovett should have had a free kick at half forward for being tackled high but the umpire payed holding the ball and Carlton ended up rebounding and getting a goal.

We were f***** over by the umpires in the last quarter but they game should have been over by quarter time.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

bomberdonnie wrote:
pear wrote:
Lucas has played 10 of the best quarters you will ever see this year and is probably currently in the top 3 for the brownlow. Lets not start blaming him for our capitulation on Saturday!!!
Yes Lucas has been excellent this year but he did go missing in the second half ( yes he had some mates ). On his form he would have been the option to go back and play loose in defence. Anyone at the game know if he was injured or something in the second half as it was out of character for him to not be putting himself about when required??
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

Rem wrote:Sheedy was outsmarted and naive.
But, meh aside that it's time to move and be on the ball next week.

Which it can happen. Everyone time we f***ing play Carlton, we lose and when we play another team that we are expected to lose - we win. So meh, if the analogy fits, then so will next weeks game.

Bouncing back is what we need.
Totally agree, Fev was receiving silver platter delivery and i remember 5-6 leads into space that could've been chopped off by someone like Laycock dropping back into it.
Bad coaching by Sheedy there - obviously Carlton were on a roll and he shouldve assessed the situation quickly. Couldv'e stopped 3-4 goals in that come back quarter if we had a loose man.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
Rem
Top Up Player

Post by Rem »

robrulz5 wrote:Lovett should have had a free kick at half forward for being tackled high but the umpire payed holding the ball and Carlton ended up rebounding and getting a goal.

We were f***** over by the umpires in the last quarter but they game should have been over by quarter time.
We should have beat Carlton by 80-100 points. We were off to a flyer and just stuffed up. Alot of outsmarting, naiveness and no quick thinking from really anyone cost us the game.

The Umpiring was completely f*****. I remember Davey chased Murphy tackled him and it was clearly ball - and the umpire deemed play-on. Then Mark Johnson got the ball out of the centre - got tackled by 2 players and he had no time to hand ball the ball, and was sandwiched and he deemed that ball.

Stupid Umpiring and bets if McLaren umpires our game, he'll f*** it up royally as he usually does.
Andy Lovett - no. 1
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I reckon Sheedy didn't rotate well through the middle.

Early on he started with his favorites who may or may not be the best, but then when Carlton started making a comeback he turns to his favorites. Thus the younger players didn't get as much of a run to show what they had (I reckon a bit more of Jetta and Dyson could have been handy) and maybe swing it back Essendon's way, but also, the experienced players were on for far to long and got tired. Jetta wasn't as good as his first game or his second, which was also down on the first, but he had far less time on the ground this week.

I though Dyson was quite good - when he was on. Slattery also probably should have got more game time.

Also I think he did the rucks wrongly. Laycock came on and we got two clear centre clearances in a row. He is much better than Hille. Yet Hille still got far more game time.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Does that qualify as back on the ball?

31 points over the Saints after being down in the 2nd quarter and running away with it in the second half.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Abso bloody lutely,
Hick up is over.
As I have said all along they are a much better side this year and have injected pace into the mix.
Lloydy back and firin - A Big Thud down to earth last week but good sides come out and win the following...
Well done boys...
Could be a very exciting year ahead :lol: