Round 4 - Bombers v Saints

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Round 4 - Bombers v Saints

Post by DYSON#2 »

Saints smashed the dogs last night , there confidence rises and ours tumbles.
Hopefully yesterday was a reality check and hopefully we come out all guns ablazing against saints. From all reports we were SHIT after half time.

Is it time to rest Jetta? i heard he only had a few disposals and they wernt quality.

Im looking forward to watching the replay on Fox because i havnt seen the game yet.

Who played on Fev? if he kicked 8, what are Gerhig and Riewoldt going to do to us?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Fevola and Gehrig are different players. Fevola is good on a lead, Gehrig prefers the wrestle. Michael will prefer to play on Gehrig than Fevola and Fletch or Ryder will take Reiwoldt.

Dont expect too much from Reiwoldt, the first game back is normally alot better than their second.

We seem to match up well against St. Kilda and they dont have Hudghton or McGuire playing so Lucas and Lloyds job should be easier. Clarke missed last night with a hamstring injury so he may not come up. They have run off half back but their center line isnt all that quick. Hille really needs to lift his game and win some hitouts to our advantage.

The key will be Lloyd and Lucas though. They need to kick 11 combined I think against a weakened defence, just to really impose themselves on the contest.

Jetta will probably get rested and JJ will come back in, if he is playing at Bendigo that is.

We will see what the resolve of these players is.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

i expect good things for next week.

we got flustered when pagan moved his troops around.

confidence dropped and it all fell to pieces a little bit.

no doubt sheeds will be concentrating on the action to take when that happens again.

fundamentally we are an excellent footy team. keeping our heads on we should give the saints a great run for the money.

we are a young team. great lessons learnt yesterday
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

We could see Hislop in next week, as he was best on ground at half time in the VFL. Not sure how we finished up. He might need a little more fitness, but we heard a few weeks ago that they were looking at playing him soon.

Also Johns had kicked 5 at half time. With Maxy and Matty out we could stretch their backline with Johns, Lloyd and Lucas (if he is fit)
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Gossy wrote:We could see Hislop in next week, as he was best on ground at half time in the VFL. Not sure how we finished up. He might need a little more fitness, but we heard a few weeks ago that they were looking at playing him soon.

Also Johns had kicked 5 at half time. With Maxy and Matty out we could stretch their backline with Johns, Lloyd and Lucas (if he is fit)
Isnt this Hislops first game?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

Who the **** is Hislop? Tall, small, black, white?

(forgive my ignorance)
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I think we played way better than St Kilda did. We scored their whole points in a half well almost and they werent super flash either. I think we will beath them next week they don't have the backline to take on our forawrd line the game will be won in our defensive half if we can shut down their forwards. Essendon by 18
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

If Gehrig is out then we are as big a chance as Mal Michaels thighs.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Lloyd is King wrote:Who the **** is Hislop? Tall, small, black, white?

(forgive my ignorance)
Tough midfielder from Tassie.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/team/playe ... 11#profile
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

St.Kilda comprehensively smashed a pretty good side last night. They're going better than people realise.

Tough week for us. Will take a very good effort to win.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Staggy wrote:St.Kilda comprehensively smashed a pretty good side last night. They're going better than people realise.

Tough week for us. Will take a very good effort to win.
Well, we'll see what we're actually made of. Whether we are as brittle as a salada biscuit or we really do have a backbone.
Rem
Top Up Player

Post by Rem »

Yesterday's loss was yesterday's loss. We snoozed in the second half and had no consistency, will-power, pressure or anything of the sort. Sheedy would have gave the boys are rev up and told them the harsh reality; it's there fault. It's not that Carlton was blarzay [sp?] it's that we gave it to them.

Next week, is a different story. After a loss that would have hurt us - I think we will bounce back. I reckon Sheeds will bring in Gumbleton because he's tall, Johns and Hislop will get his first.

Saints are if not the tallest in the comp and we have a tall forward line. They don't have a backline without Macguire, Hudghton and most likely Clarke who won't pull-up. We have a good backline.

Our mid-field smashes the Saints - but the ruck and our defence needs to perform, I reckon.

Just because the Saints smashed the Dogs, they played better Footy. The Dogs are really not that amazing. Good run maybe, but if you can stop it - put pressure on there run, there goes there game.

I think they will rest Hird and play him for the ANZAC Day. But, we'll bounce back. It'll be battle of the talls.
Andy Lovett - no. 1
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hopefully a high scoring game which our tall forwards should control. Let's see what this whole club is made of.

It's a pity I'll miss this game as I believe a win could set up our season.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

no fraser to worry about next week, 1 week unless he contests. more attention can be put forward on saint nick now
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

DYSON#2 wrote:no fraser to worry about next week, 1 week unless he contests. more attention can be put forward on saint nick now
mcphee is playing great footy, he'll tag him all night long
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

leaving big mal and fletch to roam around in backline... sounds like a win to me.

The opposite problem occurs for them!
who have they got to tackle Lloyd, Lucas and maybe CJ. not to mean either of Laycock or Hille if sheeds chucks one forward..
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

my boss reakons baker will handle one of those guys no problems pfft
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

Jazz_84 wrote:my boss reakons baker will handle one of those guys no problems pfft
Baker will be too busy chasing stants or somone :D
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

With Gehrig out... does Michael take Koschitzke? McPhee on Riewoldt and Fletcher roaming across half back? With McVeigh or MJ or Slattery to shut down Milne and Firoa up forward it seems to me that it once again comes down to a midfield battle... although we actually have a forward line. And St Kilda lack a backline.

Seems like a pretty straight forward one on paper... but it's never that simple.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Slats to delSanto is the way to go.