Clash strip this week

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Clash strip this week

Post by Rossoneri »

Well guys, here is the week where we see our clash strip. Should be interesting, I hope I do not see another person wearing that strip in the crowd.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Its pretty similar. I don't like it either but who cares really.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

This has gone by rather quietly, thought there would've been more of a rev up over it.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

not happy with it at all does anyone have a link to a picture of it?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

just a much thicker red sash is isn't it??
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

why didn't that open to display the picture:?:

It had the tags, which I have now removed.
Last edited by F111 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

it did open
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Thanks F111

Wow that is really going to make it easy to tell the teams apart

What a load of shit
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberdonnie wrote:Thanks F111

What a load of shit
A f****** joke isn't it. You really have to wonder if these high paid administrators in the AFL are serious or senile.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Yep - pathetic

As I have said before - looks like a normal Essendon Jumper being worn by Tony Lockett
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

It's the new jumper (wider sash) combined with the red shorts as worn last year. If any of you people actually lived in essendon you'd realise on the front of the local papers there has been a campaign started called "save our sash" by some supporters. They also have a website up but i can't remember the name of it and are selling t-shirts with save our sash written in bold letters across the shirt. The money earnt going to a charity for childhood depression i think.
http://www.mooneevalleyleader.com.au/ar ... _news.html
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Thanks F111

What a load of shit
A f****** joke isn't it. You really have to wonder if these high paid administrators in the AFL are serious or senile.
Sure is mate I mean for a start the Saints dont give a f*** about their jumper it means shit to them and changes almost everytime you see them.

The sash is our tradition it is what supporters like us have cried and would die for since the VFL started well over a hundred years ago.

Let me guess we are going to have to wear this god aweful thing against the dee's??? It looks more like their top than our traditional sash FFS!!!

c****!!!!!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

No difference what so ever but I rathered one of the other clash strips if we had to have one but yeh it won't make a difference yet essendon and saints dont clash i have no difficulty telling them apart same with the dees so why should we be subjected to wearing a clash strip only because others do.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Looks shit as! What's the point of it, doesnt do anything... shithouse effort.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

which games does this apply for?
the major game i would imagine to be the demons match, and even then, it would need to be a very badlt lit game. the saints are mainly wearing white these days and clash more with collingwood than anyone. just avoid white should be the tip for the boys this week.

doesnt really address the issue against the dees though. im not totally against alternate strips. in fact, they would be a good idea for every away match i believe. just because. but thats me
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I don't have a problem with it - and I actually remember the days of the red shorts - which I reckon look great.

What matters is what you do in the game - what you are wearing is incidental to me.

I'd prefer wearing pink lycra and holding on to a 48 pt lead rather than saving the sash and and going down the way we did on Saturday.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

tonysoprano wrote:I don't have a problem with it - and I actually remember the days of the red shorts - which I reckon look great.

What matters is what you do in the game - what you are wearing is incidental to me.

I'd prefer wearing pink lycra and holding on to a 48 pt lead rather than saving the sash and and going down the way we did on Saturday.
Sorry big guy I dont see the correlation between what we wear and how we play. I dont think our game play depends on how well we play.

This is about tradition and pride in what our great team wears and the fact the change not only makes no difference to the clash but IMO makes the clashes worse.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Just to be a nit picker, when something clashes it is distinctly different. When they are similar, it "blends". So when we talk about a clash guernsey, it is about making it distinctly different to the other team. Widening the red sash makes no bloody difference to playing against "blend" team in Melbourne, the somehow "blend" team in St.Kilda and the supposed "blend" team in Richmond....it's an idiot's world inside the AFL.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Go the red shorts. Farkin love em.