Dodo gone

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Dodo gone

Post by desmondo »

I`m sure this will please a lot of people here, Adrian Dodoro is leaving his role 'after' the next draft. His place is being taken by ex eagle Matt Rosa. All I can say is good luck Matt. [-o<

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1036374/lon ... rosa-joins
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Re: Dodo gone

Post by dodgey »

Thank F#$%
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He ain’t gone, just “stepping back”.

We shall see how this pans out. Knowing EFC the past two decades, it’ll most likely end badly - and the Teflon King will still be there…
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/1435 ... 3M2AaH53Xg

How the f*** did Dorodo get appointed a life member of the club?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:53 pm He ain’t gone, just “stepping back”.

We shall see how this pans out. Knowing EFC the past two decades, it’ll most likely end badly - and the Teflon King will still be there…
No wonder the Board is Tightlipped.

Waiting for a f****** Explosion from Essendon Fans,when we find out!

f*** me sideways!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :-& :-& :-& :-& :-&
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:54 pm https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/1435 ... 3M2AaH53Xg

Being there nigh on 30 years tends to get you privileges.

I particularly liked this bit in the article where Dodoro says…

"I sat on the panel to assist in the selection of Matt, and I believe he will be an outstanding acquisition to the Club for years to come. I look forward to working with Matt moving forward”.

Amusingly, Dodoro failed to select him in the 2004 Draft ahead of Angus Monfries :lol:
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

The footy department structures at essendon are incoherent.
Every person there is a "Manager".
I'd love to see their job descriptions and reporting structures.
If Rosa is now the overall recruiting Manager, does that mean he'll basically be guided by whoever is under him? So Dodoro might still be a big influence in who we select.
Or not. I don't know. It'd be good to have some clarity on who is actually responsible for what.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:27 pm
s'dreams wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:54 pm https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/1435 ... 3M2AaH53Xg

Being there nigh on 30 years tends to get you privileges.

I particularly liked this bit in the article where Dodoro says…

"I sat on the panel to assist in the selection of Matt, and I believe he will be an outstanding acquisition to the Club for years to come. I look forward to working with Matt moving forward”.

Amusingly, Dodoro failed to select him in the 2004 Draft ahead of Angus Monfries :lol:
Touche! vingertje
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

nudder12 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:19 am The footy department structures at essendon are incoherent.
Every person there is a "Manager".
I'd love to see their job descriptions and reporting structures.
If Rosa is now the overall recruiting Manager, does that mean he'll basically be guided by whoever is under him? So Dodoro might still be a big influence in who we select.
Or not. I don't know. It'd be good to have some clarity on who is actually responsible for what.
Tend to agree is essence. The positions within the club seem skewed and chunked.

They way it reads, AD will be assistant but has a power that seems superior to Rosie. This can cause issue of conflict (something that occurred between AD and JM).

Besmirching.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

According to someone on Bomberblitz, someone he knows sat next to Dorodo on GF day and was told that Dorodo plans to hang around the next 5 years and will spent all of 2024 training Matt Rosa to be the recruitment manager.

Apart from the fact that recruiting is not brain surgery, why Rosa would need a full year of training from arguably the worst recruitment manager in the AFL is beyond me.

If the rumor is true that is.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:30 am According to someone on Bomberblitz, someone he knows sat next to Dorodo on GF day and was told that Dorodo plans to hang around the next 5 years and will spent all of 2024 training Matt Rosa to be the recruitment manager.

Apart from the fact that recruiting is not brain surgery, why Rosa would need a full year of training from arguably the worst recruitment manager in the AFL is beyond me.

If the rumor is true that is.
I somehow doubt that is true.

It’s more likely he’ll be around for the next 20 years.

He’ll “replace” Rosa when Rosa leaves in 12 months time because he can’t work in our environment.
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

On his first day, Rosa will stroll onto the Tula ground, slip over and do his Achilles thus enabling Dodo to sub for him for the entire season.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:21 pm On his first day, Rosa will stroll onto the Tula ground, slip over and do his Achilles thus enabling Dodo to sub for him for the entire season.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, sounds like an EFC script
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

The "hate" on Dodoro is just silly.
In case you didn't know, he drafted/traded our last 20'ish Crichton Medal winners.
That's an amazing strike rate.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:31 pm The "hate" on Dodoro is just silly.
In case you didn't know, he drafted/traded our last 20'ish Crichton Medal winners.
This is very true!

Bronze statue time 8)
Essendunny
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Considering he has been in charge of the list LONGER than any player has been there you'd want to hope so... 🙄🙄
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Well then nudder,as much as the Coaching Staff are Ultimately Responsible for what we produce each year,let’s just see what This List Produces next year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sir Grant Thomas had this to say…
I’m interested to read the “god-like” references to Essendon recruiting “legend” Adrian Dodoro. I’ve witnessed first hand the stalling and destruction of most years trade weeks which usually start with an Essendon “deal” that holds up everything. Bombers renowned as worst to deal with. On top of that they’ve been pretty average with a best finish of 7th over last 20 years so what’s with the accolades to Dodoro? Even citing new recruiter Rosa “learns under the 20 year Tullamarine club legend”😂 Am I missing something? 🤔
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

dodgey wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:06 pm

Considering he has been in charge of the list LONGER than any player has been there you'd want to hope so... 🙄🙄
Your understanding of parody is....dodgey :wink:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

nudder12 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:39 pm
dodgey wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:06 pm

Your understanding of parody is....dodgey :wink:
This parody from Thomas?Cornflakes?

Not one to defend Dodo,just marvelling at Cornflakes claiming credibility on anything. :roll: