2024 Round 2, EFC vs Syd-in-eeeee

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2024 Round 2, EFC vs Syd-in-eeeee

Post by grassy1 »

grassy1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:00 pm On a different note,Sydey's blokes have no Culture Issues like a couple of Swannettes,by any chance do they?Just wondering,......... :-"
Probably shouldn't have said that,in light of my Retro Round Guernsey suggestion elsewherefor the Swans,featuring their 1928 Guernsey.I snapped at them in light of recent hostilities and statements from the Chief for the past few weeks,apologise and withdraw the original statement.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:06 am
nudder12 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:12 pm
MH_Bomber wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:11 pm The same tranche of pundits that spewed out ad infinitum about Maynard “what else could he do?” have turned into hanging judges on Peter Wright.

If you look at both incidents in normal motion , if you say Maynard had no other choice and had to brace you also must conclude that Wright had 1/100 the time.

If Maynard gets off , Wright MUST get off.

Maynard propelling himself forward into Brayshaws head and had full visibility on him. Wright only feels the awareness Cunningham coming from side in the last nano second and braces for impact.
It's exactly because Maynard got off that Wright got suspended. They changed the rules this year because of the Maynard case.
This... I just wish it wasn't one of ours who was the first and therefore the test case.

On a separate note ... the pile on this week from the media was unedifying ... including Leigh Matthews coming out and saying players who cause concussion should be sin binned for the rest of the game ...

Neville Bruns says "Hi Leigh". Or he would if he could remember the king hit off the ball that broke his jaw. Yet Matthews did not get a single match in suspension (which resulted in the police getting involved). Bruns for being king hit copped abuse from Hawks fans for years afterwards including being booed at matched and abusive and getting threatening letters and phone calls. Bruns kept a whistle by the phone for years... Yet not a solitary word of apology or contrition from Matthews in the nearly 40 years since the thug hit.
Well,he got Deregistrated for 4 weeks,which probably wasn't much for that hit.Haven't they met off the park since?

How much did Jack Gaffney give Jacko for his antics?

Remember,in the same year,John Bourke badly tripped a Swans player,then shoved the Reporting Umpire to the ground,then finished his day,clocking a spectator,getting 10 years in the process.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:18 am
grassy1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:00 pm On a different note,Sydey's blokes have no Culture Issues like a couple of Swannettes,by any chance do they?Just wondering,......... :-"
Probably shouldn't have said that,in light of my Retro Round Guernsey suggestion elsewherefor the Swans,featuring their 1928 Guernsey.I snapped at them in light of recent hostilities and statements from the Chief for the past few weeks,apologise and withdraw the original statement.
Now then Mr Wilkie,what did you have to say for yourself?

I honestly had No Idea he said what he said about the Swans,when I jokingly slung off at them!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:50 am
grassy1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:18 am
Now then Mr Wilkie,what did you have to say for yourself?

I honestly had No Idea he said what he said about the Swans,when I jokingly slung off at them!
But No,it's Melbourne and then throughout the AFL.

Bloody SMH had Sydney in the Frame! #-o :roll:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

This has been going on for donkeys...

Remember the AFL hid a very high profile Suns recruit from Adelaide over doping when the supplements saga was going on ... and the AFL doctor admitted as much in an international sports medicine conference.

The high profile recruit never played again.

Though if that club had have "self-reported", the outcome would have been very different for the club.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 pm This has been going on for donkeys...

Remember the AFL hid a very high profile Suns recruit from Adelaide over doping when the supplements saga was going on ... and the AFL doctor admitted as much in an international sports medicine conference.

The high profile recruit never played again.

Though if that club had have "self-reported", the outcome would have been very different for the club.
#-o :roll:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Dale Lewis must have a few thoughts. Pillored and hung out to dry. Have we seen or heard from him since his comments?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

F111 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:29 pm Dale Lewis must have a few thoughts. Pillored and hung out to dry. Have we seen or heard from him since his comments?
Maybe he talk to Bernard Keane or Michael Bradley of Crikey?