Mind your back!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Mind your back!!!

Post by rockhole »

One positive that has come out of the initial round is the apparent clamp down on blatant shoves in the back especially in marking duels.
A couple of years ago, the appeared to be a softening of this rule and I could not understand what possible good could come of it, or why it was introduced.
This particular rule has been a cornerstone of the game and is quite unique to our sport (I think!)
I do not blame the umpiring fraternity for this change as it must have come from some flog in the AFL. Occasionally, we seem to get some misdirected crusader who believe they can leave their mark on the game by tweaking the rules. Remember “Angry” Anderson.
Let us hope it is not just a “Rule of the week” thing.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Mind your back!!!

Post by grassy1 »

rockhole wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:57 am One positive that has come out of the initial round is the apparent clamp down on blatant shoves in the back especially in marking duels.
A couple of years ago, the appeared to be a softening of this rule and I could not understand what possible good could come of it, or why it was introduced.
This particular rule has been a cornerstone of the game and is quite unique to our sport (I think!)
I do not blame the umpiring fraternity for this change as it must have come from some flog in the AFL. Occasionally, we seem to get some misdirected crusader who believe they can leave their mark on the game by tweaking the rules. Remember “Angry” Anderson.
Allowing for Angry and their Focus Groups,pretty much all the twiddling and tweaking of the Rules come from AWFULL HOUSE and the AWFULL RULES COMMITTEE acting like Flogs in screwing around with the Great Game of Australian Rules Football!

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:44 pm
rockhole wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:57 am One positive that has come out of the initial round is the apparent clamp down on blatant shoves in the back especially in marking duels.
Allowing for Angry and their Focus Groups,pretty much all the twiddling and tweaking of the Rules come from AWFULL HOUSE and the AWFULL RULES COMMITTEE acting like Flogs in screwing around with the Great Game of Australian Rules Football!

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I think in essence they haven’t tweaked rules as much as they used to. Create a tento on changes dependant upon game needs, but infringement interpretations as such are slightly different.

Credit where it’s due in this case.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:11 am

I think in essence they haven’t tweaked rules as much as they used to. Create a tento on changes dependant upon game needs, but infringement interpretations as such are slightly different.

Not much.They've changed the Rules that much,they've had to look for Rules within Rules,or invent Rules such as No Whistling around the Interchange Bench.Seriously?
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:58 am

Not much.They've changed the Rules that much,they've had to look for Rules within Rules,or invent Rules such as No Whistling around the Interchange Bench.Seriously?
WAFL or AFL?

Seems a bit exaggerated and imagined to be fair grass.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:53 pm
grassy1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:58 am

WAFL or AFL?

Seems a bit exaggerated and imagined to be fair grass.
AFL Mate.

Heard it on Perth's Sport FM Sports Breakfast a few weeks back.