2024 Round 5, EFC v Western Bulldogs

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nudder12
Club Captain

Re: 2024 Round 5, EFC v Western Bulldogs

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:00 am
nudder12 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:59 pm Pretty decent win.
Did a lot right against a team that often takes us to the cleaners with quick ball movement.
One thing I'm liking this year though - it's usually been hard to do the Votes because it's been a proper "team effort" most of the time.

Lots of room for improvement though.
In the team ... or in doing the votes?
LOL.
Lots of room for improvement in the team.
I could include doing the votes too :P but that is a subjective matter, so each to their own.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:33 am Very happy with the response. Late goals a concern but honestly, I would have been happy with a competitive effort. We certainly got more than that.

Ill say this much, a more streamlined midfield cohort where everyone has a clear role is better than playing every mid (missing Friday night, Tsatas, Perkins, Setterfield, Shiel) with most of them out of position.

It was a much better balance allowing young guys like Durham and Caldwell to shine in a specific role as opposed to being rotated in and out of the middle to accommodate everyone
True.
However there won't usually be 2 specific roles like that most weeks, so blokes will have to go and get their own footy and be creative with it.
Selection might become a "horses for courses" thing
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

grassy1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:22 pm Top Marks for Darcy for helping Libertore out on Friday Night and showing Care for Tom,in a bad way at that moment!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
+1