2024 R7, EFC v Collingwood (ANZAC DAY)

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

2024 R7, EFC v Collingwood (ANZAC DAY)

Post by BenDoolan »

OUT: S. Draper (omit)

IN: P. Wright
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: 2024 R7, EFC v Collingwood (ANZAC DAY)

Post by F111 »

Hind out.
Shiel in.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:04 pm OUT: S. Draper (omit)

IN: P. Wright
This.

Also keep Davey. He play his best game for us on Saturday.

Not sure what Shiel would add to the team.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

We have been crying out for tall players for several seasons.
I would keep the big lug in, as, like Andy Phillips, he can get in the road, spoil, and bring the ball to ground.
Like Dasher, he is struggling for form, but seriously, I cannot see him getting dropped.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Wright is the clear IN.
Hind is the clear OUT.

Draper might be due for a "rest" soon? His groins might need looking after. It's a big game to be rested from though. :-k So I'm guessing it won't happen.
Bryan must be chomping at the bit.

Shiel is knocking. Unsure if he's ready just yet? If Wright wasn't due back, the door would've opened a bit.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

HeraldSun wrote:Wright return creates dilemma for Dons over ‘undroppable’ youngster

Peter Wright is due to return for the Bombers on Anzac Day, but creates a selection dilemma over the rest of the Dons’ big men, with a call to be made over an ‘undroppable’ young gun.

Jones should be safe. Allows Langers and Stringer to create some hopeful havoc. Gresham stays, Davey improving, but...
Is it a better forward zone with Wright/Jones/Langers/Stringer/Gresham/Davey?

Moore was very good against us last year. With Murphy gone, who is his tall support this year?

Selection will be interesting.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Wright, Jones, Stringer and Draper/Goldstein is to slow. Should only pick 1 ruck.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Article... from AAP
AAP
Bombers welcome back Wright, ponder Anzac Day reshuffle
Story by Anna Harrington • 7h • 2 min read

Fresh off a month-long suspension, Essendon spearhead Peter Wright is primed to hit the ground running on return against Collingwood, says coach Brad Scott.

Scott is welcoming the selection headache facing him ahead of the Anzac Day blockbuster.

Wright missed four games through a rough-conduct suspension for his mid-air bump that knocked out Sydney's Harry Cunningham.

But Scott is confident there is a silver lining to come from his time on the sidelines.

"He's done a power of work," Scott said.

"He's always impressed me with his professionalism, but he's approached this block as almost like a mini pre-season block.

"I doubt there's a better-prepared player going into this round of football than Peter Wright.
"He's just worked extremely hard, been able to work on all elements of his game and he's obviously in peak condition going in.

"So that doesn't guarantee performance, but in terms of his prep, he's ready to go."

In Wright's absence, young key forward Harry Jones has stood up, booting seven goals while averaging seven marks across the past four games to solidify his spot.

"Because (Jones) has got huge capability, people have probably looked for him to play at that high level," Scott said.

"But since I arrived at the club, he's just had injury issues, he's had an inability through injury to have any continuity of training.

"In my first preseason, he did 11 per cent of our preseason training load, and no-one can perform on that preparation.

"Whereas this preseason, he's done everything. He hasn't missed a beat. His professionalism has gone (up). He's worked really closely with Peter Wright, the way he prepares for games, the way he's prepared in the preseason.

"There's no secrets as to why he's performing well, it's all based on his prep."

The Bombers could well go in with two key forwards in Wright and Jones, plus two ruckmen in Todd Goldstein and Sam Draper - who Scott confirmed would retain his place.

When asked whether adding an extra tall was on the table for Thursday's match, Scott said: "Yeah, definitely."

"I should know better than to look at the weather forecast in Melbourne a week out. It just keeps changing all the time.

"So that'll come into play as well in terms of what we do there.

"But I can tell you, I'm extremely pleased to have that option available."

The Bombers will assess Dylan Shiel's training form before deciding whether to turn to the fit-again veteran for his first AFL appearance of the season after strong VFL form.

"He's obviously a high-level player," Scott said.

"He's done a fair bit of work. Has he done enough? That's what we have to get to the bottom of."
So Draper will be retained. Looks like Jones might be dropped. I can't imagine that Goldstein would be dropped.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:09 pm Article... from AAP
AAP

Fresh off a month-long suspension, Essendon spearhead Peter Wright is primed to hit the ground running on return against Collingwood, says coach Brad Scott.

Scott is welcoming the selection headache facing him ahead of the Anzac Day blockbuster.

Wright missed four games through a rough-conduct suspension for his mid-air bump that knocked out Sydney's Harry Cunningham.

But Scott is confident there is a silver lining to come from his time on the sidelines.

"He's always impressed me with his professionalism, but he's approached this block as almost like a mini pre-season block.

"I doubt there's a better-prepared player going into this round of football than Peter Wright.
"He's just worked extremely hard, been able to work on all elements of his game and he's obviously in peak condition going in.

"So that doesn't guarantee performance, but in terms of his prep, he's ready to go."

In Wright's absence, young key forward Harry Jones has stood up, booting seven goals while averaging seven marks across the past four games to solidify his spot.

"Because (Jones) has got huge capability, people have probably looked for him to play at that high level," Scott said.

"But since I arrived at the club, he's just had injury issues, he's had an inability through injury to have any continuity of training.

"In my first preseason, he did 11 per cent of our preseason training load, and no-one can perform on that preparation.

"Whereas this preseason, he's done everything. He hasn't missed a beat. His professionalism has gone (up). He's worked really closely with Peter Wright, the way he prepares for games, the way he's prepared in the preseason.

"There's no secrets as to why he's performing well, it's all based on his prep."

The Bombers could well go in with two key forwards in Wright and Jones, plus two ruckmen in Todd Goldstein and Sam Draper - who Scott confirmed would retain his place.

When asked whether adding an extra tall was on the table for Thursday's match, Scott said: "Yeah, definitely."

"I should know better than to look at the weather forecast in Melbourne a week out. It just keeps changing all the time.

The Bombers will assess Dylan Shiel's training form before deciding whether to turn to the fit-again veteran for his first AFL appearance of the season after strong VFL form.

"He's done a fair bit of work. Has he done enough? That's what we have to get to the bottom of."
So Draper will be retained. Looks like Jones might be dropped. I can't imagine that Goldstein would be dropped.
Can’t drop Jones. It’ll be absolute lunacy to have Goldstein, Draper and Wright in the team when it might rain.

Draper deserved to be dropped ffs.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:58 pm
AAP

Can’t drop Jones. It’ll be absolute lunacy to have Goldstein, Draper and Wright in the team when it might rain.

You know Melbourne weather better than I do,but it kind of looks promising synoptically,with light Southerlies drifting up to The G!But this is Melbourne we're talking about!

A few locals I know on their Annual Trip on their way tomorrow or Wednesday for a few of these,.......

🍺 🍻 🍺

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:26 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:58 pm
AAP

You know Melbourne weather better than I do,but it kind of looks promising synoptically,with light Southerlies drifting up to The G!But this is Melbourne we're talking about!

A few locals I know on their Annual Trip on their way tomorrow or Wednesday for a few of these,.......

🍺 🍻 🍺

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey,someone's Skulled those ones already. :lol:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

IN Wright
OUT Tsatas

EMG: [5] Elijah Tsatas, [30] Nate Caddy, [35] Matt Guelfi

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/1537 ... ollingwood
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Remember the days when Sheedy coached… and he would always debut someone or play a young punk on Anzac Day?

Nowadays we take them out of the side…
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:49 pm Remember the days when Sheedy coached… and he would always debut someone or play a young punk on Anzac Day?

Nowadays we take them out of the side…
A youngster in Scott's eyes is anyone over 26
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Good Luck Bombers!

I have my Red and Blacks taking on East Perth,so hoping for Red and Black Triumphs in Melbourne and Perth!
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Stop the game now.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Excellent! But the usual lapses in the last 2 minutes of the quarter are damn frustrating. 1 goal 2 points to the Pies. Lucky it wasn't 3 goals.

The difference between a dominant quarter and an OK quarter.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I’ve many games where we’ve blown leads.

I’m still nervous.

But what a great start 8)
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Fkng knew it
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

We have 3 bunnies in the headlights that are just turning the ball over and over and over.

McKay is the most notable of them.

Davey is a witches hat