2024 R7, EFC v Collingwood (ANZAC DAY)

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: 2024 R7, EFC v Collingwood (ANZAC DAY)

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:22 pm We have 3 bunnies in the headlights that are just turning the ball over and over and over.

McKay is the most notable of them.

Davey is a witches hat
Davey should be running around with the Auskick crew

FMD he is feeble.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

They need to stop the kick straight to the center from the kickout. It has resulted in quick goal and near misses.

Most of Parish's touches seem to be handballs to someone under pressure so he doesn't get tackled ... :-(

Also too many errors in the backline. Though it is hard when both Laverde (hip) and Redman (corkie) are injured.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:22 pm We have 3 bunnies in the headlights that are just turning the ball over and over and over.

Davey is a witches hat
100% DE McKay?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Well, what a day. All respects to the men and women who have and are serving our country.

What a game. Wowee. I believe we are taking great strides in developing a hard at it unit. Since the Port game, there has been a crunching grind in the middle. Fantastic to see. While the Zachster keeps on producing high quality footy, Duz and Caldy are really mashing it. Good to see as they are in their early 20s and will be thrashing it for a number of years together.

Rath was outstanding. Gave Hill a bath and was a real super sopper in defence.

Kylos was great. Just a damn pity he couldn’t mail that last one to be a match winning salsa. Such strong hands in the contest.

I was gobsmacked about the decision against McKay. How on earth could you play a free kick against a player running back with the flight of the ball and with his eyes on it the entire time? Absolute nonsense . Play on.

Hope Doc Jones is ok. Busted his snout, but not sure if concussion is an issue?

As Stupendous Yappi would say… there is some bad energy in here!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:21 pm Well, what a day. All respects to the men and women who have and are serving our country.

What a game. Wowee. I believe we are taking great strides in developing a hard at it unit. Since the Port game, there has been a crunching grind in the middle. Fantastic to see. While the Zachster keeps on producing high quality footy, Duz and Caldy are really mashing it. Good to see as they are in their early 20s and will be thrashing it for a number of years together.

Bobby should in Red and Black again,Darnit! #-o :roll:

Kylos was great. Just a damn pity he couldn’t mail that last one to be a match winning salsa. Such strong hands in the contest.

I was gobsmacked about the decision against McKay. How on earth could you play a free kick against a player running back with the flight of the ball and with his eyes on it the entire time? Absolute nonsense . Play on.

12 day break if it is,mate.Player welfare 1st,though we'll miss him if that's the case.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Wound up being a bloody good game.

Still recovering.

I hope the injuries are minimal and most will be available for the WCE game on 4 May.

That's a 9 day break. Jones probably pushing it.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:43 pm
Windy Hille wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:21 pm Well, what a day. All respects to the men and women who have and are serving our country.

12 day break if it is,mate.Player welfare 1st,though we'll miss him if that's the case.
You gotta find a way to stop quoting within a quote :wink:
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:32 pm

Davey is a witches hat

FMD he is feeble.
Just on him.

He somehow leads pressure acts which leads me to think that stat counts the arm slaps he lays as they kick.

Ultimately though he's a 20 year old small forward and he won't get any development playing in the slops we call our VFL team.

We aren't winning the flag, let him play.

Also why I'd be playing Bryan instead of Goldy and Roberts instead of Heppell but 🤷‍♂️
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

boncer34 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:46 am

Davey is a witches hat

FMD he is feeble.
Just on him.

He somehow leads pressure acts which leads me to think that stat counts the arm slaps he lays as they kick.

Ultimately though he's a 20 year old small forward and he won't get any development playing in the slops we call our VFL team.

Also why I'd be playing Bryan instead of Goldy and Roberts instead of Heppell but 🤷‍♂️
Agree totally on Bryan. We will struggle to retain him at this rate (yes I know he is contracted to end of 2025 ... but he must be getting frustrated) - and we would be left with Goldy and Draper ... just another year older.

Goldy has been looking tired of late, and Draper is up and down this year.

Heppell has been playing good of late, but you are right. We need to get games into Roberts. I suspect it is hard for the younger ones to get games when 4 experienced players were brought in this year.

As as for McKay having 100% DE - you still get that when you give a hospital handpass to avoid being caught with the pill... worse you get a "contested possession" tick as well so it looks - even better.

A certain 6 year contract midfielder did that a lot yesterday...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:38 am
grassy1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:43 pm

You gotta find a way to stop quoting within a quote :wink:
Thought I had it licked once. #-o :lol:
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Davey is a witches hat

FMD he is feeble.
Just on him.

Re Davey and "pressure acts'
Champion data count 5 types of "pressure acts"
- corralling,
- chasing,
- implied,
- closing,
- physical.
Sadly, they don't disclose to the public the composition of the total pressure acts that a player has performed.
But I'm willing to bet very few of Davey's are "physical".
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:20 am

Davey is a witches hat

FMD he is feeble.
Just on him.

Re Davey and "pressure acts'
Champion data count 5 types of "pressure acts"
- corralling,
- chasing,
- implied,
- closing,
- physical.
Sadly, they don't disclose to the public the composition of the total pressure acts that a player has performed.
But I'm willing to bet very few of Davey's are "physical".
Well… to the naked eye, all I see with Davey is lots of running and chasing. Very little with the ball in hand, and he just looks like an Auskick kid running around with big blokes.

Pressure acts like Tipungwuti were great. He’d mow down players and put the fear into them (implied pressure - “I better get rid of it quick or I’ll get nailed by Tippa”). You don’t get that with Davey.

It sort of reminds me of the ol’ VFL player reviews… “Player X didn’t get a lot of the ball, but we were pleased with his running patterns or leading patterns”. Yeah, cool :roll:

By all means play him. But FFS get some meat on his bones and find him some tricks.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

He's usually ok if he's out in the open and can run with the ball. Good pace with the ball in hand but if he needs to gather he often has a little too much speed to do it cleanly.

If he could stick a solid tackle like Zerrett does or like Parish did on Pendlebury he'd get a huge cheer from me.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

What worried me the most was that he pulled out of a marking duel at a crucial part of the game.
If you really want to piss the coach off at any level of footy, this is best way of doing it.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark