I stuffed up.... Sheeds

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: I stuffed up.... Sheeds

Post by Rossoneri »

Filthy wrote:"Carlton went small in their forward line, so what do you do with Fletcher, have him running around up the ground on a 5ft 11in (180cm)? Well, you don't do that.
More Sheedy spinning shit. I seem to remember Fletcher lining up on Phil Matera? And more than once too.

Face it Sheeds, you got too cocky and it came back to bite you on the arse.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:
Filthy wrote:"Carlton went small in their forward line, so what do you do with Fletcher, have him running around up the ground on a 5ft 11in (180cm)? Well, you don't do that.
More Sheedy spinning shit. I seem to remember Fletcher lining up on Phil Matera? And more than once too.

Beat me to the punch Rosso. Fletcher has played on numerous small forwards such as Phil Matera and has generally done well against them. Facile reasoning from Sheeds here.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

No Chance that he could have played on the 191cm Full Forward that was running amok Sheeds??

Maybe if we had a renowned goal kicker filling the space that Fletcher was taking there would have been two goals as he refers to!!!
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Rossoneri wrote:

Has he ever lined up on a small forward who was not playing full forward?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Filthy wrote:

Sheedy said he was still reeling after the horror loss to the Blues, billing Essendon's Round 20 rematch with Carlton as "absolute warfare".

Not sure if we should like him saying things like this.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

I like it we definately owe it to Carlton to not only beat them but to beat them down a bit as well!!!
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Personally, I'm pleasantly surprised at Sheed'y comments. He generally lays all the smoke screens he can and looks to lay blame for his coaching failures on everyone or everything except the one place he should look...in the mirror.

A very rare and welcome sign of contrition from Sheeds IMO.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

robrulz5 wrote:
Filthy wrote:

Sheedy said he was still reeling after the horror loss to the Blues, billing Essendon's Round 20 rematch with Carlton as "absolute warfare".

Not sure if we should like him saying things like this.
I will be personally holding Sheedy to this. If we don't come out in R20 breathing fire & thump those pricks by 10 goals, then I will be well pissed off. So is this line more spin to keep us happy or will there be some substance this time for a change?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Hmm, with Carlton giving us horribly embarrassing losses for most of this decade, I would have thought that it would have been absolute warfare for Round 3!

Come on, surely it hasn't taken him only THIS loss to want to crush the crap outta Carlton...
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Agree with you filth, I want a thumping both this week, next week & R20. But surely you would have to have huge question marks over Sheeds capacity as a coach to motivate our team if we do lose R20.

And BD, I couldn't agree more; while we were crap last year, in that 2nd game against the Bloos we did get about 3 goals up against them in the last qtr & they still came from behind & drew the game.

But this time he has gone on record saying that we will be pumped up to the eyeballs in R20. If we lose, surely that would mean that Sheeds can't get through to the players anymore & he should be shown the door at season's end.