Watson and Pev

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Watson and Pev

Post by DC »

I dont think either of them have hit a target by foot in the first half.

When both are on the ground its horrible. Pev has been the one to provide entry into the forward 50 a few times and been horrible, same as Watson.

Cant afford this to keep happening, its costing us shots at goal. Could cost us the match.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

At leaaast Watson can use it with his hands. Thats the only thing going for him at this point.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Peverill.... 32 possessions, , 17 kicks, 15 handballs, 1 goal ... 1 turnover

Considered BOG today playing on Dal Santo (who had 20 possessions)
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Yeah Watson was terrible today made some bad mistakes at key times...

Not sure Pev deserves to be on this thread?
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Jobe is still wearing his Nanna's boots but his endeavour was outstanding and his disposal by hand was very classy.

Pev in my opinion was our best player out there today and worked his guts out and ran and ran and ran.

Mistakes will happen but I'll never get upset at anyone who has a dip.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Anyone who has criticised Peverill this season is impliedly admitting they have an extraordinarily limited understanding of AFL.

Was close to, if not the, BOG today - Dal Santo did nothing after half time, Pev was everywhere, racked up the touches, provided a valuable link, and kicked a crucial goal going into the final term.

The only players who have been consistently better than him so far this season would be Lucas, Fletcher, possibly McPhee, possibly McVeigh and possibly Winderlich (in his first three games). He's turned it around since about midway through last year and deserves nothing but praise.

The less said about Jobe, the better.
Last edited by jimmyc1985 on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Watson and Pev

Post by robbie67 »

DC wrote:I dont think either of them have hit a target by foot in the first half.

When both are on the ground its horrible. Pev has been the one to provide entry into the forward 50 a few times and been horrible, same as Watson.

Cant afford this to keep happening, its costing us shots at goal. Could cost us the match.
Pev had 1 turnover, and Dal Santo had no influence. His inclusion in this thread is ridiculous.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Pev ended up having a good game. But in the first half he wasnt hitting targets...thats just a fact.

Didnt say he was playing poorly, just his kicking was off in the 1st half.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

DC wrote:Pev ended up having a good game. But in the first half he wasnt hitting targets...thats just a fact.

Didnt say he was playing poorly, just his kicking was off in the 1st half.
No, you said you "don't think (Peverill has) hit a target by foot in the first half". He hit numerous targets by foot in the first half, so you're wrong. You also said such kicking "could cost us the match", which it didn't. And you also said "when both are on the ground its horrible", but we blew the game apart in the 3rd and 4th quarters when Pev and Watson were on the ground together most of the time - did you think it was 'horrible' that we were belting the Saints when both Pev and Watson were on the ground together?
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Pev was fantastic today, he was everywhere. Ran hard all day and kept Dal Santo reasonably quiet.

Jobe when he kicked the ball, didn't do so well, but by hand he was fairly sharp as usual. Don't know what the problem is with his kicking, it wasn't great last year, but was much better than currently. Trying to be too precise I think. No doubt down on confidence in his kicking also.
Rem
Top Up Player

Post by Rem »

Mate,

Pevrill was oustanding today. He set up alot of goals in the 4th quarter. 33 Possessions and clearances in the fourth quarter. He also kept Dal Santo to 20 possessions and quite.

Watson was stupid. He should be banned from ever kicking a footy.
Andy Lovett - no. 1
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

WTF?
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Ah DC. You're losing cred that some believe you didn't have to lose...

Pevs did very nicely. Watson... I dunno. He shows flashes of very intelligent footy (by hand) but can then do something daft. I'm a bit concerned he's over thinking the kicks now, because he's aware that his kicking is letting him down.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

There were two guys behind me at the game who were being a little cynical - and every time Pev got the ball, they would freak out. At one stage, they yelled "Oh god, it's Pev!. Don't Handball it! Don't kick it!" That had me laughing.

Look, he's not the silkiest of kicks, but he's a tough, hard in-and-under player who will always give his best. And I don't think you can ask for any more.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

keri wrote:There were two guys behind me at the game who were being a little cynical - and every time Pev got the ball, they would freak out. At one stage, they yelled "Oh god, it's Pev!. Don't Handball it! Don't kick it!" That had me laughing.
Yeah, they would have yelled that out 33 times. f****** idiots.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Pev did miss a couple of targets early - not clangers just kicks that arrived on the half-volley etc. But I thought he was great all day and it was good to see him rewarded for the hard running he does most weeks.
Bleeding for the red and black
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

BenDoolan wrote:
keri wrote:There were two guys behind me at the game who were being a little cynical - and every time Pev got the ball, they would freak out. At one stage, they yelled "Oh god, it's Pev!. Don't Handball it! Don't kick it!" That had me laughing.
Well, I turned around and laughed at them over the "Don't handball it, don't kick it" comment, and then it was more jovial than anything else, every time Pev got it they were saying it in jest, and when he kicked a goal, they went nuts, and were asking what he was paying on the brownlow, so it was all good, they took it on the chin and had a laugh at themselves.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

keri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Well, I turned around and laughed at them over the "Don't handball it, don't kick it" comment, and then it was more jovial than anything else, every time Pev got it they were saying it in jest, and when he kicked a goal, they went nuts, and were asking what he was paying on the brownlow, so it was all good, they took it on the chin and had a laugh at themselves.
Fair enough then......I get a few serious Pev bashers around me and no matter what he does, he is shit according to them.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

I hate people who go to the football and sit there and bag the living hell out of their team. I mean why pay for a membership and then turn up and just give them shit? It makes no sense to me. I mean if you hate Essendon so much, why not just go and buy a Collingwood membership and have done with?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

keri wrote:I hate people who go to the football and sit there and bag the living hell out of their team. I mean why pay for a membership and then turn up and just give them shit? It makes no sense to me. I mean if you hate Essendon so much, why not just go and buy a Collingwood membership and have done with?
I have had more verbal run ins with our own supporters than I do with the oppositions. And I'm serious.