Assessing the Worth of Damien Peverill

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Assessing the Worth of Damien Peverill

Post by Windy_Hill »

Wasnt in the best 22 according to most Bombertalkers?

Would have to be one of the first picked at the moment?

Another excellent game versus the Saints
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Played 2 great games in the last 2 weeks. Possibly hitting his form of his rookie season when he was an absolute sensation being elevated on the back of Misiti's long term injury.

Hope he can keep us his form over the rest of the season.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Has been excellent.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Great game today BOG IMO
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

My opinion is still the same. He can get the ball, but cannot use it well enough.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:My opinion is still the same. He can get the ball, but cannot use it well enough.
He isnt the greateset user of the football (though not as bad as some would have you believe), but he does GET the football. If you want to know how important that is, have a look at the first quarter when none of our mid-fielders could get a sniff. Not to mention that he seems to be back to blunting one of the oppositions best as well. He is absolute gold Pev.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

I beleive there has always been room for him. He's the only genuine run with player we got.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

If Pevs has the ball.. the opposition don't.

He's usually on one of the oppositions better players too, if my memory serves he often cops the Judds, Buckleys etc. If he can keep them quiet I don't care if he gets two scrubby kicks that aren't worth dick. He's nullifying someone who IS worth dick, and that's the important thing.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Megan wrote:If Pevs has the ball.. the opposition don't.

He's usually on one of the oppositions better players too, if my memory serves he often cops the Judds, Buckleys etc. If he can keep them quiet I don't care if he gets two scrubby kicks that aren't worth dick. He's nullifying someone who IS worth dick, and that's the important thing.
Just out of interest, what exactly is the worth of a dick?
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Depends who it's attached to :twisted:
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

BOG for mine today too. Was absoulutely excellent.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah im really happy with him, the passengers from last year have really stepped up

heffernan was good also i thought
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I was rapt that he played so well. Probably one of the most honest footballers I have ever seen meaning there is no crap about him, no marketting bullsh*t, no fanfare...just gets out there and plays his guts out.

Not the most talented but a heart the size of Windy Hill..

Great effort Pev!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote:I was rapt that he played so well. Probably one of the most honest footballers I have ever seen meaning there is no crap about him, no marketting bullsh*t, no fanfare...just gets out there and plays his guts out.

Not the most talented but a heart the size of Windy Hill..

Great effort Pev!!!
Summed him up very well...
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

pevrill is a really smart footy player.

many times i have thought, getting too old, too slow...but he has an excellent footy brain.

he is almost the frank grimes(simpsons fans) of footy.

reckon he works really hard.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

Dear Pev,

I sincerley apologise for writing you of as a footballer! But to your credit you have proved me and alot of other Bomber Talkers wrong.
Keep up the good work Pev

Sincerley,
Dyson#2
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

robbie67 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:My opinion is still the same. He can get the ball, but cannot use it well enough.
He isnt the greateset user of the football (though not as bad as some would have you believe), but he does GET the football. If you want to know how important that is, have a look at the first quarter when none of our mid-fielders could get a sniff. Not to mention that he seems to be back to blunting one of the oppositions best as well. He is absolute gold Pev.
Thats true, but whats the point of getting it if you turn it over 50% of the time?
I'm not saying he is terrible or the worst. I'm jsut giving an honest assesment. He may get it, but I cringe everytime he does.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

50% of the time is a slight exaggeration.

Yesterday he had 32 touches and 1 turnover. In his debut/rookie year he was an absolute sensation. He had a role to play and he played it to perfection. Probably the best "stopper" in the league in just 9 games, and racked up the touches at the same time... all were valuable possessions. If he has returned/is returning to that kind of form, then I would say he's got to be one of the first guys selected for game day.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
Thats true, but whats the point of getting it if you turn it over 50% of the time?
I'm not saying he is terrible or the worst. I'm jsut giving an honest assesment. He may get it, but I cringe everytime he does.
50% of the time? Interesting that according to the Age, he had NO critical errors yesterday. The fact you are using extreme exageration to make your argument, only proves that it has more holes that a caterers pack of lifesavers.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I had him as our 24th or 25th player. A fringe player at best, but he has really played well this year. He isnt slow either and he runs all day, and though his skills can sometimes let him down, we still need someone getting teh ball and dishing out a hand pass to a running player.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!