F****** MAGGOTS

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

Enough about handing the Pies goals. It all evens out in the long run.

The umps are just ruining the game.

Sack Barlett, sack Gieschen.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I've said it before and will say it again.
From the top all the way through to the bottom, everyone involved with the rules and officiating needs to be seriously looked at.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

why on earth did sheedy go back to shitty 2006 for f*** sake, this is 2007 bring in gumby and houli, piss off kep and bolts
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

THAT WAS f****** WOEFUL, f*** YOU UMPIRE GO KILL YOURSELVES FOR f*** SAKE
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

in the 4th qtr i think lucas was being held for about 5 seconds straight without the ball and nothing.....

we got skrewed today
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

The umpiring is always bad. Its just a regular occurance for me now.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

It was a f**king disgrace today. Even more so than usual. Those c*nts got every 50/50.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

It's the inconsistancy that does my head in.

I wouldn't care if they don't pay anything, as long as they are consistant.

Very pissed off at the moment.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Looks like we are making excuses - sorry guys. The umpiring may have been bad but I would suggest we were let off the hook by Collingwood's innacuracy in front of goal.

Lets not use umpires as the excuse.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

There needs to be an inquiry into these c**** honestly they made so many mistakes it is not funny.

It is like they were toying with us when they paid some cheap frees to Lloyd early on then BANG!!! we get arse f***** by these maggots!!!

We played shite to but jesus it is very hard to turn around your form when the umpires keep f****** you up!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I dont think anyone is saying it cost us the game Windy, but for f*ck sake. How many little momentum swings did it cost us? Every time we looked like making a move we had a dodgey free payed against us.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

we should have been smacked today Windy, your right but the umps were average. a few 50/50 resulted in set shots which was 50/50 conversion
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Windy_Hill wrote:Looks like we are making excuses - sorry guys. The umpiring may have been bad but I would suggest we were let off the hook by Collingwood's innacuracy in front of goal.

Were not saying they were the only reason we lost. However, the umpiring is always bad and just because we lose doesn't mean we can't be frustrated. Its beyong winning and losing. I can't watch a game and enjoy it with terrible umpiring and bullshit rule changes.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Windy_Hill wrote:Looks like we are making excuses - sorry guys. The umpiring may have been bad but I would suggest we were let off the hook by Collingwood's innacuracy in front of goal.

I agree the umpires were a disgrace, but go back a couple of weeks. The free kick tally - ours in comparison to Carlton's.... even though we had a heap more, they still won. Ya win some, ya lose some... I'm just glad the umpires are giving us some more this year.

It's the inconsistency - it annoys the crap out of every footy fan.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

bombers_rock wrote:

I agree the umpires were a disgrace, but go back a couple of weeks. The free kick tally - ours in comparison to Carlton's.... even though we had a heap more, they still won. Ya win some, ya lose some... I'm just glad the umpires are giving us some more this year.

It's the inconsistency - it annoys the crap out of every footy fan.
Watch the Carlton game again ... We got f***** by the umpires that day too.

It was the none decisions that screwed us that day
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

TWO MEN ARE TO BLAME

1. Kevin 'hammers it home' Bartlett.

2. Jeff 'we believe that was a mark' Gieschen.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

That was a disgraceful umpiring display.

Absolutely disgraceful. There are too many blatantly obvious frees that weren't called to mention... and the ones they did call :shock:

I will say though, they handed Collingwood a number of goals. The non-decision where Mal Michael was legged and brought to ground behind the play (about 10 metres off the ball) by Rocca (after the ball had cleared his immediate area) and not paid... then Lockyear (or Thomas?) picked it up for an easy goal. Just one example of a clear goal as a direct result of a poor decision.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We usually get the raw end of the deal against Collingwood.

That's all I can add as I haven't seen the match yet!
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Essendon4eva wrote:The umpiring is always bad. Its just a regular occurance for me now.
Agree. And I reckon today had nothing to do with the umps - we were whipped from about the 5 minute mark onwards. (I will say more on this in another thread).
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

The major reason we lost this game was: K. SHEEDY

On a 4 day turn around he brought two players into the team that were never going to give us anything. So in effect we had 20 players who had played a game 4 days previously, another player who gave us nothing apart from one goal and the most pathetic celebration I've ever seen after a hack has scored a goal, and the other f***** up at least 3-4 times if not 5-6 times that lead directly to goals to the opposition.

Make no mistake about it, the umpiring wasn't great for us today, but to suggest that is the reason we lost in absolute joke. We were absolutely pumped today, we had circles run around us, Sheedy was outcoached and did not change tatics all day. We should've lost by about 60-70 points and the only reason we didn't was Collingwood pathetic accuracy in front of goal.