Brent Stanton

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Brent Stanton

Post by Jazz_84 »

how good is this kid!!

30 posessions
9 marks
2 tackles
25 uncontested posessions
14 effective kicks
5 inside 50's
7 rebound 50's

such a massive asset to this team i rate him very highly
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

he is quality.. 10+ year player.
admire his game, really tried hard today bit its a pitty some of his team mates didnt take a good look at him.. im looking at you bigcock
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Run, run, run, work, work, work. Quality. if anybody deserved a rest today it was Stants, and Pev, but both were very good again.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah im really liking the way pev is playing this year good on him
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Great kid - does massive amounts of hard running to earn the ball. Needs to learn a Robert Harvey shimmy to shrug and avoid tackles - but will get there.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

my main concern is that he has started to pick up alot of cheap kicks in the backline. I'm all for him helping out in the backline when it's called for, but his main job is to get the ball in the midfield and pumped it into the forward line.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

That was a bit of our problem today (the cheap possessions). I will say it was due to the 4 day break, but the lack of running and the extensive chipping short and going backwards really hurt.

It doesn't help that the rest of the midfield were also coming off a 4 day break.If the match selection panel had any brains they wouldn't have put in Bradley (who can't run) or Bolton (who just lacks a football brain) and put in lads who could run all day and play great footy to supplement our running brigade.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Problem was that Sheedy wanted Bradley and Bolton in so he made sure all the good mids either young or older were played for Bendigo on the weekend!!
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Great game by Stants with plenty of gut busting running. Well done son.
Bleeding for the red and black
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Fantastic running, prepared to run with the ball and kick long. Didn't have enough support though.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Future BROWNLOW MEDALLIST....Mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

nomolos wrote:Future BROWNLOW MEDALLIST....Mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Done
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

nomolos wrote:Future BROWNLOW MEDALLIST....Mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
definatly a chance isn't he, something similar to scotty west
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:Run, run, run, work, work, work. Quality. if anybody deserved a rest today it was Stants, and Pev, but both were very good again.
Bloody oath. They are hard working quality players. It seems to go unnoticed - I couldn't find room to put them in the votes, but their value to the team is immense.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

ealesy wrote:my main concern is that he has started to pick up alot of cheap kicks in the backline. I'm all for him helping out in the backline when it's called for, but his main job is to get the ball in the midfield and pumped it into the forward line.
Oh, I agree. And it's something that is even more noticeable at the ground, so seeing as I haven't missed a game in Melbourne yet this year I've really picked up on it. Not just in the backline either, in the middle he often comes around for a cheap kick from a handpass.

But yes, he is going to be an absolute star. Runs hard and it pays off. Occaisonally decision making and disposal let him down but he is still young.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Stanton's stats are misleading. The bulk of his possessions were cheap, meaningless touches around the half back line. His disposal under pressure is still very poor and he has no interest in manning up when the ball is going the other way. Unless Essendon have the ball in their hands, he doesn't put in. Needs to pull his head out and realise the game isn't about him getting possessions. I was reasonably happy with his game yesterday, but to say he's a top line midfielder in the AFL is completely inaccurate. He may get there one day, but he must be prepared to work when we don't have the ball and improve his disposal under pressure.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah he is always getting un-contested possesions but that can't be a bad thing can it
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

And we took Kepler Bradley before him.

Very similar to Robert harvey (hope he becomes half as good as he was in his hey day) in that they just run and run and run and link up the play. His disposal is a lot better than it used to be and has made his kicks more penetrating.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Jazz_84 wrote:yeah he is always getting un-contested possesions but that can't be a bad thing can it
In the modern game...not at all.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

nomolos wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:yeah he is always getting un-contested possesions but that can't be a bad thing can it
In the modern game...not at all.
exactly, smart kid who looks the goods for 300 big ones for the dons