Hard ground v Soft ground

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Hard ground v Soft ground

Post by CameronClayton »

They had more legs than us by a mile - I reckon we were flat all day. I know which team was fresher & it wasn't us.

Beaten fair & square, but lessons learnt is don't play injured players (Lloyd). Their young blokes killed our older blokes. Blokes like Houli would have a field day today with fresh legs.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Lloyd wasnt injured. Clement always play him tough. Tired legs shouldnt = lack of brains, but it seemed to today. I dont know what Bradleys, and Boltons excuse is though.......oh sorry, yes i do. One is a mental cripple, the other a physical one.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I think your wrong robbie. Bolts and Keps are both mentally and physically crippled.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Robbie if Lloyd was 100% I'll go heave
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

CameronClayton wrote:Robbie if Lloyd was 100% I'll go heave
He seemed to be moving ok to me. He just couldnt get any space, and the delivery was woeful.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

They had to play Lloyd, injured or not.

But I hope Sheedy gets roasted for his selections today. I am really quite surprised to lose today, and even more so after qtr time.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i was always sceptical once those 2 were selected, 2006 came into my head within a heatbeat and i was right, well done sheedy
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

The inclusions of Bradley and Bolton made us look slow today.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Boyler_Room wrote:The inclusions of Bradley and Bolton made us look slow today.
And uncoordinated

And skill-less
Bleeding for the red and black
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The point of the post was to suggest that we were more tired for playing on harder grounds. Perhaps. We have also played 5 games in 20+ degrees. Even though it rained last Saturday., the temp inside TD was 21 as opposed to 16 outside.

The shit selections didn't help us either.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

We made the wrong selections. We needed 2 plyers who could make an impact on the game, when the rest of our boys got tired. Instead we picked two guys who had a negative or no impact on the game.

We didn't plan for our players to run out of legs. Houli could have come in and played no more than 5 minutes a quater in the first 3. Then he could have been put in the middle during the last. It might not have changed the game, but at least we would have had someone who wasn't about to pass out.