What do you guys think ?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

What do you guys think ?

Post by hillchaser »

I'm really happy with the progress we have made in our list but there are still have a few questions . We always talk about Kepler and Watson but would love to know what you guys think about these guys.

1. Mark Johnson : One of my favorite players ..great servant of the club but seems off the pace these days.

2. Slattery: Is he any good ? I know he is hard and all that .. but is he any good ? I haven't watched him closely lately but would love to know what you guys think.

3. Welsh: I have a funny feeling that he won't make it in the midfield.. or up forward.

Hope all of these guys come out and prove me wrong.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

1. MJ- Hasn't had a good start to the season as all. Maybe needs a week or two in the 2nds just to get his confidence back up, and get him racking up the possesions.
2. Slats- Great in and under and going in for the hard ball. Not too sure, give hima couple more games, see what he can do
3. Welsh- Hasn't been the best the past few years, but before he got injured was playing just about the best i've seen from him as a forward defender. If he can bring back that form, our forward line will be awesome having his and Davey's pressure.
tom9779
Club Captain

Re: What do you guys think ?

Post by tom9779 »

hillchaser wrote:I'm really happy with the progress we have made in our list but there are still have a few questions . We always talk about Kepler and Watson but would love to know what you guys think about these guys.

1. Mark Johnson : One of my favorite players ..great servant of the club but seems off the pace these days.

2. Slattery: Is he any good ? I know he is hard and all that .. but is he any good ? I haven't watched him closely lately but would love to know what you guys think.

3. Welsh: I have a funny feeling that he won't make it in the midfield.. or up forward.

1. MJ - having a decent season. I see his rold more there for the hard ball gets which is damn important. had an OUTSTANDING game against Adelaide...have you got a short memory???

2. Slattery/Welsh are both good got good work ethic, and suit playing out of the back pocket. Both players make little mistakes, but from what i see, they are stoppers more than play makers.
tom9779
Club Captain

Re: What do you guys think ?

Post by tom9779 »

hillchaser wrote:I'm really happy with the progress we have made in our list but there are still have a few questions . We always talk about Kepler and Watson but would love to know what you guys think about these guys.

1. MJ - having a decent season. I see his role more there for the hard ball gets which is damn important. had an OUTSTANDING game against Adelaide...have you got a short memory???

2. Slattery/Welsh are both good got good work ethic, and suit playing out of the back pocket. Both players make little mistakes, but from what i see, they are stoppers more than play makers.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

MJ has had a history of form peaks and troughs - he always seems to come out of a form drop with a big bang so dont be surprised if he has a great year.

Slatts - too early to call - need to make the most of his opportunities this year I would have thought

Welsh -Adds depth to the squad and can be effective on his day.