8 fkning goals..............

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

8 fkning goals..............

Post by robbie67 »

........from dumb turnovers coming out of our half back line. Hird and Mcveigh the worse culprits.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

... and Dyson.... and Stanton.

Make it 9 goals.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

2006 Revisited

We are shit.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

whats happened to the bombers of the first few rounds??? give the guys that deserve a game a f****** game, god dammit
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

Jazz_84 wrote:whats happened to the bombers of the first few rounds??? give the guys that deserve a game a f****** game, god dammit
Our "coach" won't allow it. He says he will but never does
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Tamworth Bomber wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:whats happened to the bombers of the first few rounds??? give the guys that deserve a game a f****** game, god dammit
Our "coach" won't allow it. He says he will but never does
how much more bullshit can Essendon supporters take???
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Jazz_84 wrote:how much more bullshit can Essendon supporters take???
Not much. I'm getting close to sending my membership card back with a letter saying don't bother sending me the renewal letter for next year.
As i've said - I'm not a fair weather supporter, but there is only so much you can take.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

Jazz_84 wrote:whats happened to the bombers of the first few rounds???
Those Bombers weren't being talked up after TWO WINS. Hirdy said we could make the Top 4. I mean JESUS!!!! TWO FRIGGIN WINS.

Two wins, and 48 points to the good of Carlton, Bombers are believing their hype, and are very comfortable with themselves.

Since that point, it's been bollocks. Even during the Saints, we only played well for a half and the Saints were terrible.

We have overrated ourselves.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

bombers_rock wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:how much more bullshit can Essendon supporters take???
Not much. I'm getting close to sending my membership card back with a letter saying don't bother sending me the renewal letter for next year.
As i've said - I'm not a fair weather supporter, but there is only so much you can take.
So you'll come back when we start winning? :roll:
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

We have more bullshit to put up with.....but I will still be there supporting them and buying a membership....Stick with them through thick and thin.....We have played poorly for the last 3 weeks, but that isnt anywhere as bad as last year.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

the Hawks are one of the best teams in the comp right now....its why i made a post about it.

they played really well. we were a bit off, and in the end went down by a couple of goals.

i think the team is still moving in the right direction....altho our midfielders will be required to work on their skills over the week.

and no excuse with the lack of leg speed by our backline as well...i mean we had a 9 day break!
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

tom9779 wrote:the Hawks are one of the best teams in the comp right now....its why i made a post about it.

they played really well. we were a bit off, and in the end went down by a couple of goals.

i think the team is still moving in the right direction....altho our midfielders will be required to work on their skills over the week.

and no excuse with the lack of leg speed by our backline as well...i mean we had a 9 day break!
Hope your right Mr Tom. I'm sort of wondering what the team is learning from its recent losses.? It doesn't seem as though we're trying a new game plan and coming unstuck, but gaining knowledge, it seems as though we're sort of being outsmarted, and not firing a shot in return, that's what frustrates me.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

robrulz5 wrote:So you'll come back when we start winning? :roll:
Well, I'm not a fair weather supporter, so I'll buy it again next year even if we finish 16th.

But theoretically, in answer to your question - when we start playing accountable footy - what any supporter expects. I'm happy to support a team that gives it their all week in, week out. If it's not good enough for a win, then so be it, the opposition is just genuinely better. But at the moment the boys (bar a few) seem to be playing like they don't care and we lose because we're crap, not because the opposition is better. It almost looks like we're throwing matches for the draft picks. We come out firing, get a few quick goals, look like we're going to win by 10 goals+ (e.g. against Carlscum), then after that it all falls to pieces.

I just don't understand how we can go from top 2, to top 4, to just outside the 8 in a matter of weeks. Surely it's not difficult for the boys to realise how they win matches - we've already done it 3 times, equal to the entirety of 2006. The tactics from week to week only change slightly to suit how the opposition plays, but the basic fundamentals of footy remains the same.