Goodbye Sheeds....Goodbye Quinn

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

The weekly sack Sheedy sack Quinn thread.

Why am I not surprised.

I didnt read you post filth, but while im sure you made some good points...

Its just eye rolling material.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

he made a few good points and the biggest was

"being outcoached week in, week out"

he is being out coached and easily! all these pre game tactics are crap, just focus on the game would ya sheedy!!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Come off it you lot. Was he out-coached by Craig, Lyon, or Connolly?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robbie67 wrote:Come off it you lot. Was he out-coached by Craig, Lyon, or Connolly?
i know we won those games but in all honestly we caught them all bad times for them, basically we beat good teams in bad form and lost to bad teams in good form. that spells 7th or 8th at best for 2007
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

You really think not beating the flood cost us the game today? Have a look at the replay, and look at the turnovers that directly resulted in goals. That was nothing to do with the flood. We were turning it over BEFORE they had time to get numbers back. You can tell by the amount of forwrads they had free every f***'n time we did it. Today was about execution. Had little to do with coaching.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

actually thats a good point we did pay the price for errors more then usual and it probably frustrated the players more then usual too
RAMS
Top Up Player

Post by RAMS »

You really think not beating the flood cost us the game today? Have a look at the replay, and look at the turnovers that directly resulted in goals. That was nothing to do with the flood. We were turning it over BEFORE they had time to get numbers back. You can tell by the amount of forwrads they had free every f***'n time we did it. Today was about execution. Had little to do with coaching
Skill errors and not working hard enough defensively through the middle cost us today. Our blokes looked under pressure all day and the Hawks players semmed to have plenty of time when they had the ball.

Not much a coach can do on match day when players can't hit a target and don't want to work hard when the don't have the ball.
Save me Jebus!
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

robbie67 wrote:Come off it you lot. Was he out-coached by Craig, Lyon, or Connolly?
The Sts and Crows were injury ravaged - against Freo we had an awful amount of help from the umps.

Against Carl we were outplayed after qtr time, v Coll outplayed after the first 5 mins, against Hawks outplayed after the 1st 15mins.

Something is seriously wrong with our game plan, skills, football brains, determination.

Something needs to be done and done now. Either we start playing out of our skins - or personnel changes must occur - on-field or off-field or both.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: Goodbye Sheeds....Goodbye Quinn

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Filthy wrote:Why is Bolton still in the Club much less selected?

Why was "turnover" king Watson recalled when we could have blooded Houli?
I agree with this part of the post. It's quite ironic that we got pantsed by a team that was as bad as we were last year in 02-03. Clarkson comes on board, cleans out the redundant players, and plays young players to the nth degree. He sticks to his guns throughout 05-06 even though the Hawks are losing, and now they're reaping the rewards. If the young guys he gave a go to were no good, then other young guys were brought in.

Bolton is a non-entity and simply shouldn't be playing. Watson was dropped for a reason, so why the f*** reward his mediocrity by bringing him back in the team? Lonergan and Houli must be thinking 'how the f*** is Jobe getting a game when he can't even kick'?

Whether Sheedy was outcoached today is moot - as others have said, it appeared to me as though we would've lost the game no matter who was coaching because our skills were on par with those of 2006, and i can only think of 3 or 4 players who worked hard enough when we didn't have the ball (JJ, Stanton, Peverill, maybe Davey).
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

I would tend to agree on Sheeds even though these coach bashing threads are quite tiresome.

I am not so sure on Quinn, the fitness science has changed so much in the last 10 years, the demands on players body are so extreme at the moment and the technology deployed is incredible.

Clearly Quinn's come from Athletics, but who really comes from Football ? The real question is: are we statistically worse than the other sides?
If yes, how much of it can be explained by the Dome's playing surface?

I though we were getting better at resting the players preventively.
Red and Black Forever
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Re: Goodbye Sheeds....Goodbye Quinn

Post by spikefan »

jimmyc1985 wrote: Watson was dropped for a reason, so why the f*** reward his mediocrity by bringing him back in the team? Lonergan and Houli must be thinking 'how the f*** is Jobe getting a game when he can't even kick'?
This is typical Sheeds he likes to "half-drop" the players he likes when they do not perform.
I remember he did it last year with Welsh and Monfries: dropped Thursday, emergency Saturday.
Sheeds is so predictable :|
Red and Black Forever
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

It has to be said Quinn isn't the problem with injuries...
One thing to blame only - The Dome...

One of the worst mistakes to have made...

Beautiful venue but the ground surface is killing our Guys...

Don't believe me look at St.Kilda too.

It doesn't get water.
Concrete underneath and too hard a surface to play on week in week out...
It gets harder and harder as the years pass on...

Is seriously taking a toll on the body...

Something desperately needs to be done about it to turn our luck around...
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

There were a lot of players who were worse than Watson today.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Thought watson was quite good today.

Got the pill, and did alot of good things with it. Made a couple of mistakes, but if he gets 25 touches a game, then I dont mind.

MJ is a real worry, just doesnt seem to be interested anymore.

The fitness levels are a joke. Monfries has not bee in the middle because apparently, his engine isnt big enough for it. he has been there three years now, surely his fitness levels should have increased by now? Same goes for Laycock.

Im not having a go at Monfries, but he is wasted on a HFF, needs to be in the guts.

Quinn has to go at the end of the year.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

stryper wrote:It has to be said Quinn isn't the problem with injuries...
One thing to blame only - The Dome...

One of the worst mistakes to have made...

Beautiful venue but the ground surface is killing our Guys...

Don't believe me look at St.Kilda too.

It doesn't get water.
Concrete underneath and too hard a surface to play on week in week out...
It gets harder and harder as the years pass on...

Is seriously taking a toll on the body...

Something desperately needs to be done about it to turn our luck around...
Nice theory and if probably has some truth to it, but you can't simply pin it on the Dome, I mean teams like the Blues and Doggies who have the Dome as a home ground are ravaged with soft tissue injuries.

Also alot of our players who have copped soft tissue injuries are young guys or fringe players who haven't really been playing in the seniors
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Sheeds was too slow to make changes again. McPhee was struggling against Franklin right from the start and wasn't moved until after half-time when Franklin had 5.

All these soft tissue injuries aren't accidents and aren't the dome. It's bad management. Players may be being pushed too hard after an injury and may be making it worse.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

i think injury wise we are travelling quite well.

dunno whats going on with sheeds. all i know is come finals time, I think he is still the man.

(i just hope he can get us in the top 8).