Dyson and others

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Dyson and others

Post by bomberflyer »

Softest footballer in the comp is Dyson and for someone who supposedly has good skills coughs it up too often. IMO should be let go at the end of season...doesn't have it at AFL level.

Also, I would be playing for the future...and inject as much youth as possble...Houli, Lonergan, etc...since 2001 Essendon has refused to rebuild...and for that we are in the rut we are in now. That means Bolton and Heffernan and guys in that mould must go for good.

Watson has to go. You can't keep a guy who just handballs...it's flawed...once a bad kicker always a bad kicker...they should have these skills when they are recruited. If it wasn't for the Watson name he would be playing at the back of Bourke somewhere.

Sheedy has to go...he has not served up...he has not adapted to the midfield game that it is today and for that reason a pretty average forward line at Hawthorn was able to kick 20 goals due to a lack of defensive midfield pressure.

Also, they use Hird far too much. How are we going to develop when everything is channeled thru a guy who is playing his last year?
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Who are you??

Why didnt you point this shit out when we won 3 out of 4 at the start of the year???

Your foresight is just superior....I BOW DOWN AT YOUR SKILLS.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Dyson and others

Post by robbie67 »

bomberflyer wrote:.once a bad kicker always a bad kicker...
yeah, ask Stewart Loewe. idiot.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Don't agree the kid is soft.
Did make some bad skill/judgment errors.

Agree that all the talented kids should be playing right now. Bite the bullet - accept that we are not good enough to make finals - and build now.

Disagree on Watson - thought he was very good today - kicking was improved too. I thought we were smashed again around the ball - but only he and JJ can win it - everyone else waits for it to come out.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Dyson and others

Post by Rossoneri »

robbie67 wrote:
bomberflyer wrote:.once a bad kicker always a bad kicker...
yeah, ask Stewart Loewe. idiot.
Brent Stanton also.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I thought Stants kicked pretty good today -its his evasive skills, and awareness that bothere me. Seems to take one step too many when he gets the ball
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Dyson had moments of brilliance... but majority of his game today was just woeful.

That kick to Johns in the last quarter from the boundary was just beautiful. Unfortunately, he handballed to opponents and turned the ball over far too much today. His skills have disappeared in the last few matches I've seen him play. Should have been dropped this week, but was given another opportunity. Unfortunately for Dyson, he didn't make the most of it.

I like the kid, but he needs to find his game.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bomber_boy
Top Up Player

Post by bomber_boy »

The bottom line is quite a few players turned the ball over far too many times today. Hate to single out players but winderlich, dyson and watson turn the footy over far too much and there is a couple of players who needs a run in the twos. Mark Johnson has gone missing the last couple of weeks, Adam Mcphee needs to cut his hair and realise that he is a footballer and not a supermodel/rockstar. Andrew lovett isn't doing enough and as much as stants, jj pev spike try they cant carry the team. Laycocks working on his own, Sheeds is to slow too make changes in the backline. Hirdys getting kicks but isnt doing much with them, Heff is ok but doesnt do enough. Johns needs to develop a second effort, but hey theres a long way to go in the season and thats just my opinion.