Houli

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Houli

Post by KaaN10 »

Play this kid already...
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

I thought he should have played Round 1...I only saw him on the box in the NAB Cup game against Carlscum and he looked the goods. And he is a man who has a background in discipline - exactly what Essendon could do with more of.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Saw him play in a practice match over here against the eagles and his poise and decision making was pretty good for a draft pick.

Also, his kicking is pretty damn good and he reminded me of Rama.

(And did I hear someone mention we need some players who can actually kick the ball well?)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Why the hell didn't he play last week against Collingwood? That decision is just astounding.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Indeed
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jim
Top Up Player

Post by Jim »

i heard he is an absolute gun.

i think he's from strathmore? ive heard good stuff about him anyway.
Jim
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Haven't seen he run around but from all the talk and match reports I have read on here it seems he is continually performing well at Bendigo.

Must be due. It would fit into the clubs objectives in reagrd to developing the list. Friday night at the dome wouldn't be a bad place to debut.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Western Red wrote:Haven't seen he run around but from all the talk and match reports I have read on here it seems he is continually performing well at Bendigo.

Must be due. It would fit into the clubs objectives in reagrd to developing the list. Friday night at the dome wouldn't be a bad place to debut.
a head will roll in the midfield this week, have too, the unforced errors were shocking.

for me it would either be watson or dyson out for houli.

particularly with JJ right, we have an experienced head to play through the middle of the park.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:
Western Red wrote:Haven't seen he run around but from all the talk and match reports I have read on here it seems he is continually performing well at Bendigo.

a head will roll in the midfield this week, have too, the unforced errors were shocking.

for me it would either be watson or dyson out for houli.

particularly with JJ right, we have an experienced head to play through the middle of the park.
I think that is pretty spot on. Watto might just keep his place. Dyso unfortunately had a couple more horrific clangers than Watto last week.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Dyson really lacks heart and won't put his head over the ball or his body on the line!!

Yes all teams need in and under types and outside receivers (Des Hedland has made a career out of being an outside receiver!!) but occasionally he you have to put the body in and win a contested ball or at least create a stoppage. Dyson doesn't do this.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I'm not sure if anyone saw on Channel 7 but he is in!!!! and I'm stoked. Great to have the privilege of witnessing his first game.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

I went to training today and I was really impressed by Houli and Hislop.
I will not be surprised if Houli plays very soon.
Red and Black Forever
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Saw the Today show this morning (not by choice, it was showing in my gym) and they had a feature on Houli, saying that he is going to make his debut this week.

I have no idea how they would know that information.... but it looks like he's in.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Staggy wrote:Saw the Today show this morning (not by choice, it was showing in my gym) and they had a feature on Houli, saying that he is going to make his debut this week.

I have no idea how they would know that information.... but it looks like he's in.
Its in the herald sun!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Rossoneri wrote:
Staggy wrote:Saw the Today show this morning (not by choice, it was showing in my gym) and they had a feature on Houli, saying that he is going to make his debut this week.

Its in the herald sun!
And the Age - which also says that Cole is going to be selected, and MJ has been omitted.

Would suggest the ins and outs will look like this in that case:

In: Houli, Cole, Hille
Out: M.Johnson, Bolton, Laycock
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Staggy wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:

Its in the herald sun!
And the Age - which also says that Cole is going to be selected, and MJ has been omitted.

Would suggest the ins and outs will look like this in that case:

In: Houli, Cole, Hille
Out: M.Johnson, Bolton, Laycock
My thinking as well. Ryder to be back up ruckman, and hopefully McPhee given a free run across HB. I reckon NLM will be back in the 2's this week, which would give him some fitness. Hasnt played since the Adelaide game.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

CJ may be ruled out due to concussion. That might mean leaving laycock in as a forward option.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It's also on the Essendon website that Houli will play.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Good luck to the kid, let's hope he is another Davey
Bleeding for the red and black
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

You would hate to be under the pressure this kid is under. He is exactly what we need if he can step up. A classy midfielder with pace.

Best of luck Houli! But remember there will be many many more chances if this one deosn't come off.