Time for a spell in the Magoos

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hop
Club Captain

Time for a spell in the Magoos

Post by hop »

M.J. and J.J. - what they once had has been had. Too slow and no real impact.

Jobe - should have been left out today -giving him the repreive was a mistake -needs weeks to develop his skills.

Dyson - 2 unforgivable mistakes and many turnovers.

McVeigh - Seriously - when was the last time this bloke did anything of note? Angry doesn't cut the mustard anymore - you have to display skills - and - ahem - courage.

C.J. - If he is the answer - what is the question? Replacement fullfoward yet was missing from the forward 50 all day!

Chris Heffernan - hard ball gets? any ball gets?

O.K. - I've put my head up - kick away.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Time for a spell in the Magoos

Post by BenDoolan »

hop wrote:McVeigh - Seriously - when was the last time this bloke did anything of note? Angry doesn't cut the mustard anymore - you have to display skills - and - ahem - courage.
This is easily the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. You are so far off the mark that it leads me to believe that you have absolutely no f****** idea at all....
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

hop wrote:M.J. and J.J. - what they once had has been had. Too slow and no real impact.

McVeigh - Seriously - when was the last time this bloke did anything of note? Angry doesn't cut the mustard anymore - you have to display skills - and - ahem - courage.
The village called. They want their idiot back.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

McVeigh was average today, but to say he needs to be dropped is ridiculous. The guy has been in our top 5 players this season, he has been playing great footy. You clearly have not watched many games this year.

I dont blame McVeigh for getting a little filthy today, the game plan sucked and essendon looked lost at sea. It was quite sad to watch.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Just another f***wit comment from another f***wit poster!!!

I think we need to start ignoring this shit seriously
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

stupid mentioning McVeigh. has been in our top 5 for the season. If only for the fact that his forward line delivery either hits one of our forwards or is intended for goal.

Harsh also on JJ. i thought his return was quite good today. a couple more games to adjust to AFL from VFL and he'll be good.

MJ has been silent for a weeks now. Not sure whats goin on there.

Based on today, i think the only guy who could possibly do with a rest in the 2nds is Watson. Good player in and under, but his disposal is letting him down. Even the one week just to get him to weight his kicks will do.

Johns and Dyson are there for a reason also. Have spent enough time in the VFL. its time they adjust to AFL.
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
topdon
Club Captain

Post by topdon »

We're scraping the bottom of the gene pool here ...
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Hopefully our team selected for Friday is filled with surprises. i.e. new faces.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

McVeigh was good yesterday, he didn't stop working all day.

JJ was't too bad for a guy playing his first game for the year, kicked two goals and got alot of the ball which is his job.

Johns did more than what he has done in any other game this year.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

McVeigh buts his gut week in week out for us - made one bad mistake in the last when he kicked short into congestion in the centre and it cost us a goal - but otherwise he was pretty good - had a hand in setting up goals with his run and passing.

JJ was our best yesterday - to bag him is nonsensical.

Agree with MJ - he is struggling big time.

CJ showed some good signs. To exceptional pick ups and dish offs to Stants and Scotty for goals; plus a couple of good leads; and contested marks; couple of goals. He can play - and will get better. It wasn't his fault that the Hawks had 10-12 defenders before we could enter the 50.

Heff wasn't bad - wasn't great - a couple of excellent tackles - but agree that he isnt part of our future.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

that was way off the mark hop.... dont hide now that your wrong
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

hop wrote:M.J. and J.J. - what they once had has been had. Too slow and no real impact.

Jobe - should have been left out today -giving him the repreive was a mistake -needs weeks to develop his skills.

Dyson - 2 unforgivable mistakes and many turnovers.

C.J. - If he is the answer - what is the question? Replacement fullfoward yet was missing from the forward 50 all day!

Chris Heffernan - hard ball gets? any ball gets?

O.K. - I've put my head up - kick away.
the team played pretty poorly on saturday, beaten by a good team.

The heat must really be on dyson and jobe, dunno about the others though.
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

MJ/JJ - Send MJ back to defence as the small forward stopper. It's still his best role, and the one he's played the best footy in. JJ's effort first up was pretty good. His physical limitations are obvious, but still has a major role to play.

Jobe - Gee he can find the pill. Too bad his decision making by foot is so poor.

Dyson - A few skill errors. Good to see him get the pill and back his ability to run with it, but not playing nearly as well as someone of his ability should be.

McVeigh - Very very good player. How any essendon supporter can bag this bloke after his past few seasons is baffling.

CJ - Needs some serious work on his second efforts. Great on the lead and becoming a better kick for goal, but needs to find more ways to contribute.

Heff - Bit player at best. Really should be sacrificed for Houli or Lonergan. Has been ok this year though.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Ahhh haaa ha ha. Oh. Right. No. Seriously?

Macca?

Oh Caro. I didn't know you were a BT member.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Hop it's alright to emotional about a loss but you do need to change the brand of tablets you're taking.

McVeigh has been magnificent this year, JJ for his first match this year was fabulous.

I personally thought Watson played a great game, 24 touches lots of bench time, yeh a few mistakes but overall least he's going in and finding the pill!

Dyson seems to be walking a line, he's got wonderful ability but seems to be unsure this year. I hope he can get that confidence to take the next step.

Johns I thought also played pretty well.

I am worried about MJ and from todays Sun it appears that he'll be playing for Bendigo. As for Bolton and Heffernan, should Houli do well and we keep periodically promoting the kids, as we should, it may be a long time before their back, if at all.