I cant believe the crap i just witnessed.............

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
The Don
Top Up Player

I cant believe the crap i just witnessed.............

Post by The Don »

I have not had a serious rant in this forum since the days of Skills, The Doc and the old Bombertalk of 1997. However the total shite that was served up tonight in the form of inaccurate kicking and poor disposal had me actually punching my couch for the first time in 12 months in sheer frustration, so here it goes - time to vent.

North Melbourne are rubbish. When the commentary began tonight i hadnt even heard of half of their players. Blokes called Swallow and Furrito dominating our forwrds. At one point, Essendon seemingly gave up and had Lucas 1 out! What the hell was Johns picked for? Secondly are all their supporters retarded because from the footage tonight that what it looked like. If you went to the game, make sure you have had your shots, it is sickening watching a bunch of rampant retards making us look like amatuers.

Thirdly, what the hell is wrong with Macphee. The brain explosion that led to the first goal was idiotic. Following on from that his decision making was poor and his disp[osal rubbish. A couple of weeks at Bendigo may be just what he needs.

Fourthly, Question - What the hell are these players paid to do? Answer - KICK BLOODY GOALS!!!! What kind of B-Grade Shyte side kicks 2-9 in a quarter! The way the game was thrown away in such a breathtakingly stupidly pathetically moronical way. These blokes are professional footballers. All they have to do is kick and keep fit. Missing the way they did tonight is a discrace and whoever the forwrd coach is should have his pay docked by half and every one of the players that missed made to do a Tiger Woods and Kick a Thousand goals at training this week.

Fifth, Lloyd- No more excuses, no more cotton wool - get fit. Do what you are paid to do. Lead the side by example and Kick some goals. Just get out there and show these blokes how to win.

Sixth, Sheedy said on the broadcast during the 3/4 time adress that he wanted the players to take a risk - to play on and move the ball quickly. Only Hirdy and Fletcher responded. What was so hard, what is with all the backwards bullshit and short passes. When Essendon beat Adelaide and StKilda, they did so by kicking long. Who is responsible for this frustrating over possession - coaching instruction or player disobedience.

Seventh, Welcome back spiritual captain in waiting - David Hille- Finally some heart back in the side and some wins out of the middle. Well done Bachar Houli- great Debut- great first kick/goal. Alwyn Davey, Superstar!

Why do we lose games like this to crap sides. We beat top 8 teams like Adelaide, Stkilda and Freo and lose to crap sides that make up the numbers like North, Hawthorn, Filth and scum. My frustration with this side is never ending at the moment. Is there no relief????
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Speaking of Swallow, the ABC guys talked to him after the game, he said he didn't have anyoneon him, except Pev for a few mins, alos said he thought it was Norfs worst performance for the year, in terms of what they set themselves to achieve in a match. Parko, reading between the lines obviousely thinkd that the Bombers havre not ben ruthless enough in getting rid of "older" players e.g.g the Johnsons. He contrasted us with Port Adelaide where Williams made the hard decisions in 2005. Schwabby has us going backwards from thispoint this yr, in terms of ladder position. might not like wha tthese people say, but, christ it sounds reasoable to me. Baha was a big highlight though. Need to play the kids. Also at least everyone tried their guts out, but we do not have the skilled players required to play todays footy clear and simple.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Over use of the ball, pathetic, inexcusable turn-overs caused by the same culprits week after week and no obvious game plan.

While we were mucking around with the ball and turning it over freely, our big and more talented forward line were constantly under the pump - yet their no-name forwards took marks 20 -30 metres out all night because the ball was coming in quickly and more accurately. Same as last week and the week before.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

uptick wrote:Speaking of Swallow, the ABC guys talked to him after the game, he said he didn't have anyoneon him, except Pev for a few mins, alos said he thought it was Norfs worst performance for the year, in terms of what they set themselves to achieve in a match. Parko, reading between the lines obviousely thinkd that the Bombers havre not ben ruthless enough in getting rid of "older" players e.g.g the Johnsons. He contrasted us with Port Adelaide where Williams made the hard decisions in 2005. Schwabby has us going backwards from thispoint this yr, in terms of ladder position. might not like wha tthese people say, but, christ it sounds reasoable to me. Baha was a big highlight though. Need to play the kids. Also at least everyone tried their guts out, but we do not have the skilled players required to play todays footy clear and simple.
Davey was on Swallow in the first quarter and didnt chase him when Swallow kicked his goal.
RAMS
Top Up Player

Post by RAMS »

Secondly are all their supporters retarded because from the footage tonight that what it looked like
Truer words have never been written!

I used to work with three North fans and I constantly wondered where they have escaped from and where they hid the straight jackets.

The only things is don't offend the mentally challenged by linking them to North fans. :lol:
Save me Jebus!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Re: I cant believe the crap i just witnessed.............

Post by Doctor Fish »

The Don wrote:I have not had a serious rant in this forum since the days of Skills, The Doc and the old Bombertalk of 1997. However the total shite that was served up tonight in the form of inaccurate kicking and poor disposal had me actually punching my couch for the first time in 12 months in sheer frustration, so here it goes - time to vent.

North Melbourne are rubbish. When the commentary began tonight i hadnt even heard of half of their players. Blokes called Swallow and Furrito dominating our forwrds. At one point, Essendon seemingly gave up and had Lucas 1 out! What the hell was Johns picked for? Secondly are all their supporters retarded because from the footage tonight that what it looked like. If you went to the game, make sure you have had your shots, it is sickening watching a bunch of rampant retards making us look like amatuers.

Thirdly, what the hell is wrong with Macphee. The brain explosion that led to the first goal was idiotic. Following on from that his decision making was poor and his disp[osal rubbish. A couple of weeks at Bendigo may be just what he needs.

Fourthly, Question - What the hell are these players paid to do? Answer - KICK BLOODY GOALS!!!! What kind of B-Grade Shyte side kicks 2-9 in a quarter! The way the game was thrown away in such a breathtakingly stupidly pathetically moronical way. These blokes are professional footballers. All they have to do is kick and keep fit. Missing the way they did tonight is a discrace and whoever the forwrd coach is should have his pay docked by half and every one of the players that missed made to do a Tiger Woods and Kick a Thousand goals at training this week.

Fifth, Lloyd- No more excuses, no more cotton wool - get fit. Do what you are paid to do. Lead the side by example and Kick some goals. Just get out there and show these blokes how to win.

Sixth, Sheedy said on the broadcast during the 3/4 time adress that he wanted the players to take a risk - to play on and move the ball quickly. Only Hirdy and Fletcher responded. What was so hard, what is with all the backwards bullshit and short passes. When Essendon beat Adelaide and StKilda, they did so by kicking long. Who is responsible for this frustrating over possession - coaching instruction or player disobedience.

Seventh, Welcome back spiritual captain in waiting - David Hille- Finally some heart back in the side and some wins out of the middle. Well done Bachar Houli- great Debut- great first kick/goal. Alwyn Davey, Superstar!

Why do we lose games like this to crap sides. We beat top 8 teams like Adelaide, Stkilda and Freo and lose to crap sides that make up the numbers like North, Hawthorn, Filth and scum. My frustration with this side is never ending at the moment. Is there no relief????
You might want to think about lowering your expectations of our current playing list a little there Don. Otherwise you my friend, are in for a long, long season...

As for the Roos. I'd have Swallow, Harris and even Furrito at Bomberland any day.

Besides, St Kilda are a crap side... :wink:
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I didnt think we were that bad last night.

What really bothers me is how we are conceding 100+ scores.

We have the two best FBs of the last 10 years (Fletch, Michael); an all-aust and B&F winner (McPhee); a super talented rooky (Paddy); and experienced, tough small defenders (McVeigh, MJ)

4 out 7 games we have conceded 100+ points (we won one v Frem). Conceded 95 v Coll (but they kicked 12.23).

I know it has a lot to do with the ball out of the centre - but we are heading down the same path as last year - conceding big scores (worst defence in league last year).

We have to stop giving away easy and soft goals (e.g.McPhee 1st min)
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

TheDon - many good points there, but what you said about Lloyd is ridiculous. Should we blame Hird for all the games he has missed?
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

The Don, I too was moved to bashing the arm of the couch at the 2 goals 9 stage. I guess we all knew that was going to come back and bite us in the end. What gets my goat is that when you dominate as we did in the first qtr you MUST put the score on the board.

I have been thinking a lot about our abysmal kicking and have come to the following conclusions;

1) Most players missing seem to simply get too close to the man on the mark. This means that dont seem to get the correct trajectory to boot the ball through the goals. They are trying to guide the ball not kick through the ball and have it travel at speed.

2) There is a total lack of confidence before the kick in a set shot situation. How DO you instill that confidence ?

3) There seems to be something historical with the Bombers and bad kicking. It just seems to happen too much at our club. Even the 1984 GF the 3/4 time score was umpteen behinds thankfully we made up for it with 9.6 in the last. How many easy goals did we miss in the 99 PF ?

To cite an old cliche "BAD KICKING IS BAD FOOTBALL" and until we can convert our opportunities we aint going too far this season.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

MH_Bomber wrote:
3) There seems to be something historical with the Bombers and bad kicking. It just seems to happen too much at our club. Even the 1984 GF the 3/4 time score was umpteen behinds thankfully we made up for it with 9.6 in the last.
Correct - I think we kicked 14.19 that day - so were about 5.13 at 3 qtr time. But...

We kicked 28.5 (?) v Coll (5.11?) the week before in the prelim. One of the great Bomber days ever.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tonysoprano wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote:
3) There seems to be something historical with the Bombers and bad kicking. It just seems to happen too much at our club. Even the 1984 GF the 3/4 time score was umpteen behinds thankfully we made up for it with 9.6 in the last.
Correct - I think we kicked 14.19 that day - so were about 5.13 at 3 qtr time. But...
We kicked 28.5 (?) v Coll (5.11?) the week before in the prelim. One of the great Bomber days ever.
I think it was 5.15 at 3Q time and 14.21 at the siren
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

tonysoprano wrote:I didnt think we were that bad last night.

What really bothers me is how we are conceding 100+ scores.

We have the two best FBs of the last 10 years (Fletch, Michael); an all-aust and B&F winner (McPhee); a super talented rooky (Paddy); and experienced, tough small defenders (McVeigh, MJ)

4 out 7 games we have conceded 100+ points (we won one v Frem). Conceded 95 v Coll (but they kicked 12.23).

I know it has a lot to do with the ball out of the centre - but we are heading down the same path as last year - conceding big scores (worst defence in league last year).

We have to stop giving away easy and soft goals (e.g.McPhee 1st min)
No matter how good your backline is, it going to struggle to restrict the opposition forwards when the ball comes in 55-65 times a game. It comes back to our forwards and midfielders not being f***** working back the other way when we don't have the ball.

About 97% of our list wouldn't know, tough accountable one on one football if they tripped over it!! If we don' have the ball it seems like our players just give up.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

What I find ironic is that in the first 6 games this year it has been our accurate goal kicking that has been keeping us in/helping us win games.

In fact in the lead up to the game I heard someone mention the fact that we were on average letting the opposition get it in to the forward line about 15-20 times more per game, and that the only reason we were staying in games was our accurate kicking but that this would not hold and then we would be in trouble.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I didn't see the game as I was at Cirque du Solei for my birthday but it sounds like I wasn't the only one watching a circus act...