Sheedy's 3 quarter address.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nomolos
Club Captain

Sheedy's 3 quarter address.

Post by nomolos »

Thought it was f****** excellent. gave clear instructions and encouragement, didnt rant and rave. What the f*** would you gain out of blasting the team.

Some dick on radio rings in and says "he had no passion, there was not alk about pride..blah blah blah"... get the f*** of my radio idiot

Would love to see more and from other coaches too.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Post by doogle »

no clear game plan, he said - kick it up the corridor take risks, either they are not listening early in the game or they aren't told early enough..
what about the crazy moves, Johns back, Ryder all over the place, and the coach has to be more than talk on game day..
The skills are not good, kicking, fumbling, silly handpasses to blokes under pressure, fear of kicking to a contest, lack of accountability and poor running. It's not pretty.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

doogle wrote: The skills are not good, kicking, fumbling, silly handpasses to blokes under pressure, fear of kicking to a contest, lack of accountability and poor running. It's not pretty.
Mate...Sheedy's not the one out there kicking the footy, dont put that blame on him.

When he tells them to take risks and when they do and fail then hand of under pressure to blokes...its the price you pay to play like that.

He can tell them to be accountable till he's blue in the face but if they're not doing it. What do you want him to do stand next to them himself.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Nomolos I agree with you fully people need to quit blaming Sheedy for how the team plays he doesn't kick those behinds or turns the ball over. The players should take full responsibilty.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I had to laugh at the start of the last quarter. He told them what he wanted them to do, and singled out Watson to get it out of the middle quicker. First bounce, Watson gets the footy, and fks around with it resulting in a turnover.

Yep, it's always Sheedy's fault.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Post by doogle »

players play the way they are trained.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

doogle wrote:players play the way they are trained.
Worsfold must using his chemist skills to make crystal meth then.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

watching sheedy talk to the team at 3 qtr time has given me a new found hope in him, seems to know whats going on, now just needs to show it through his players somehow
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

List management over past 6 yrs, including this one, is biting us in the bum.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

robbie67 wrote:I had to laugh at the start of the last quarter. He told them what he wanted them to do, and singled out Watson to get it out of the middle quicker. First bounce, Watson gets the footy, and fks around with it resulting in a turnover.

Yep, it's always Sheedy's fault.
Unfortunately those that want Sheedy gone fail to see that stuff.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

They played well generally in the Q4 despite the occasional flirtation down the flanks. If the players down the field don't lead towards the middle, where is the defender going to kick it?
It's not always the ball carriers fault..they need a leading target to the correct spot.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Oh Doogle. Robbie just f****** owned you son.

Owned.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

the speech was nothing.. i could walk into my local reserves team huddle and hear the same speech, and this is in the country.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

DYSON#2 wrote:the speech was nothing.. i could walk into my local reserves team huddle and hear the same speech, and this is in the country.

But thats what it is...

people expect an AFL address to contain some special secrets and inspiration constantly.

The AFL in essence is just another footy league. Where do you think the your local reserves team coach got his knowledge of how to address the players.

And thats what my original post is saying it was fantastic cause it showed just how simple it was and constructive it was.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

the speech was not constructive at all...
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

DYSON#2 wrote:the speech was not constructive at all...
Rubbish.

He gave direction, he provided the plan and gave permission for them to believe in themselves, to back their judgement.

He was positive.

Those that expected something like "do something" (Kennedy) or the oft seen Whitten oratory whilst covered in mud are unrealistic. It was business as usual and should've been.

Anything outside of the usual would have been a dereliction of his duty.

What d'ya think the purpose of this exposure to the audience was for?
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Haha Dys mate, that is all he was. I didnt hear him say a negative thing.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Instead of syaing 'Don't do this' or 'Your doing this wrong', he was giving them positive instruction. Instead of saying 'Don't kick short and f*** around", he said 'Back yourself and move the ball quickly"
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

look different veiws obviously.. i expected something different from an AFL coach.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

DYSON#2 wrote:look different veiws obviously.. i expected something different from an AFL coach.
And as I stated thats the problem.

They are, in essence, just another senior football team.