Pev in the backline.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Pev in the backline.

Post by robbie67 »

Ok, enough is enough. Just stop fking doing it!!! For the second time this year, Pev is our best player in the first half, and then is moved on to a dangerous small forward that tears him to shreds. How many times does it have to happen before the coaching staff realise he cant fking play back there?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

He can't play...period.
How many turn-overs by foot and hand 2nite? About 4 or 5.
Out of Watson, Johnson, Hird and pevrill, pev is the odd one out. Can't have four in and under players in the same team.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:He can't play...period.
Sorry, but you're a fking idiot.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Pevril is a tagger. Thats it. He is terrible b foot and hand. H just hacks it forward. Terrible.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

I didn't think he was playing in the backline, I just thought he was tagging Brent Harvey in the midfield and dragged to the forward line. But that clanger kick to a North Melbourne player was ugly - right idea but off the side of the boot instead of going into the space where the Essendon player was running to.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Diffenatly.
Don't let him off the hook with that kick. When Kepler did it against Collingwood we were all up in arms, but when Pev does it, we change our tune.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Pevril is a tagger. Thats it. He is terrible b foot and hand. H just hacks it forward. Terrible.
Refer to my comment above your last post again.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Diffenatly.
Don't let him off the hook with that kick. When Kepler did it against Collingwood we were all up in arms, but when Pev does it, we change our tune.
Yeah but Peverill will actually hit a target sometimes - that Bradley kick was the last straw for me anyway.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Diffenatly.
How retarded a comment is that. We were trying to win the game FFS. He had to get the ball moving forawrd quickly. It was a bad turnover, but no worse that Scotty's missed shot at goal in the context of the game. Comparing him with Kepler, just proves you're a fking idiot.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Thanks for the insult. Would you like to prove me wrong about Pevril's disposal? Sure he is courages, but he made numerous turnovers and gave away a 50 meter penalty.
Oh, but he got the ball 20 times, so we can forgive him.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Thanks for the insult.
If you want the insults to stop, I suggest you stop insulting my fking intelligence.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote: Can't have four in and under players in the same team.
By the way, if you have been watching us play without using the BRAILE method this year, you will notice that Pev is not "in and under". He and Stants are the two runners, that work their arses off to give our players someone to give the friggin pill too.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: Pev in the backline.

Post by jimmyc1985 »

robbie67 wrote:Ok, enough is enough. Just stop fking doing it!!! For the second time this year, Pev is our best player in the first half, and then is moved on to a dangerous small forward that tears him to shreds. How many times does it have to happen before the coaching staff realise he cant fking play back there?
Correct. Echoes my thoughts exactly.

The absolute carbon copy has happened for Pev twice this year against Carlton (Stevens) and North (Harvey). Pev starts with Stevens/Harvey in the midfield, and plays pretty well in the first half, keeping tight on his opponent and picking up some touches himself. Then the opposition coach (Pagan/Laidley) drop their bloke onto the HFF/FP and Pev gets taken to the cleaners.

Exactly, and i mean exactly, the same thing happened tonight as it did against Carlton. Dunno who's to blame, but you'd think they would've at least been alert to this possibility after the Carlton game.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

robbie67 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote: Can't have four in and under players in the same team.
By the way, if you have been watching us play without using the BRAILE method this year, you will notice that Pev is not "in and under". He and Stants are the two runners, that work their arses off to give our players someone to give the friggin pill too.
I don't care what role he has been playing. He IS a in and under player. His skills are not polished enough to be delivering the ball inside 50.
Are you going to prove me wrong that its a good chance when Pevrill gets the football he will disadvantage our team?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

No, I'm not going to bother because I repeat, you are a fking idiot.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Well your more of a dikhead and prove to me that you CANNOT prove me wrong.
To gutless to have a decent debate about a player, so you throw insults. Your a sad man.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Well your more of a dikhead and prove to me that you CANNOT prove me wrong.
To gutless to have a decent debate about a player, so you throw insults. Your a sad man.
Really fk-wit? Does "he cant play full stop" contribute to a decent debate? I can prove you wrong all you like if by chance you managed to pass maths at the grade 1 level, which I seriously doubt.

Lets say Pev turned it over 5 times tonight. Thats one less than Hird did mind you, but then again, can "Hird play full stop"? So if Pev had say, 25 touches tonight, 80% of the time the ball ended up to the advantage of a bloke wearing red and black (that's the Essendon team). So 20% of the time, yep their is a chance the other team (they were wearing blue and white tonight) will get the footy. So no, it's not the first thing that eneters my mind when he gets it. Now i suggest when you go to games, that you actually try watching what the f*** is going on, and then....and only then will you even be able to contribute to a decent debate. Now fk off.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Pev is in career best form and wouldn't have him anywhere but the midfield running his ass off, it's beyond me why he needs to be moved. our back line has enough talent just let them be
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:He can't play...period.
How many turn-overs by foot and hand 2nite? About 4 or 5.
Out of Watson, Johnson, Hird and pevrill, pev is the odd one out. Can't have four in and under players in the same team.
Peverill has been one of ouir best players this season. Certainly the most consistent along with McVeigh. Try having a dig at the passengers in the team....you know, the one's that supposedly have pace and skill but don't bother chasing and doing the hard things....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Pev in the backline.

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:Ok, enough is enough. Just stop fking doing it!!! For the second time this year, Pev is our best player in the first half, and then is moved on to a dangerous small forward that tears him to shreds. How many times does it have to happen before the coaching staff realise he cant fking play back there?
Could it be a situation where the opposition's coach realises Pev's weakness in the defensive 50 and they drag him in there with Pev's opponent pushing forward (good tactic of course), and Sheeds not having another option to run with a Harvey type? Dunno, but he's definitely been exposed down there. As much as I hate to say it (and I do), it is good coaching by Pagan and Laidley to exploit it.