where did it go?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bowzer
Top Up Player

where did it go?

Post by bowzer »

if the players cant find the motivation and a passion to win games for Hirdy's last year,

or sheedy's possible last year,

or the shame, disgrace and embarassment of 06,

or champion players great milestones,

or at LEAST the possibility of winning a premiership and playing finals...

then who and what THE f*** are they playing for?... theres no fire in the way they play, theres no comradery, theres no team chemistry, theres no team work and theres definatley no pride for there team or the jumper they wear. BUT... there is an arrogance in there actions, a self-desire to be a champion player, a desperate hunger for survival in the team and a self-need to secure a long career.

players playing for selfish needs will never win games, respect or pride. Playing as a team will always win games, bring respect, pride and greatness along with it. This counts for every player that steps out onto the field to every rookie that sits and waits on the list and all the coaches from head to toe.

Point?

where ever it is, what ever needs to be done - do it.

Find the heart and soul of this team and f***** give it back to them.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i get where you are coming from but i dont think your right about the boys playing selfish footy, and we do play good team work footy but in patches we have to convert that to 4 qtr's

but your right there needs to be a bit more passion and pride in our games, Houli kicking his first goal i saw a bit of spirit
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Jazz_84 wrote:i get where you are coming from but i dont think your right about the boys playing selfish footy, and we do play good team work footy but in patches we have to convert that to 4 qtr's

but your right there needs to be a bit more passion and pride in our games, Houli kicking his first goal i saw a bit of spirit
We also need to convert good footy to the scoreboard. We dominated most of the first quarter. 15 inside fifties to 5 at one stage, yet they kicked 4 straight to win the quarter.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

2.9 at Qtr Time says it all to me.

Had that been say 9.2 .... or 7.4 perhaps it would have been a different story ?
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

I agree with Bowzer, there is no real fire there at the moment. One thing that fires a team is goals. 2-9 is a joke. Interestingly even though he often leads to the wings when Lloyd is playing, they straighten up and kick to targets. What the hell is CJ's role at the moment? Why is he not glued to the square with Lucas at CHF while Lloyd is out?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sorry bowzer, I started a whole new thread and then realised you wrote something on what I said already. Obviously I agree with you!

As for the 2.9 scoreline.....playing at the Dome sheltered from the elements, is totally unacceptable footy.