Teddy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
solly4me
Top Up Player

Teddy

Post by solly4me »

I don't know about anyone else, but it is great to see Teddy doing so well for the Swans tonight! Shame he had to go up there, we could have really done with him this year.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Re: Teddy

Post by uptick »

Tremendous opportunity for him.
solly4me wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but it is great to see Teddy doing so well for the Swans tonight! Shame he had to go up there, we could have really done with him this year.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Yeah Teddy is playing really well. I don't know why we ever gave him away!
Always liked him and always will like Teddy
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

He is ok, but nothing spectacular. Was sad to see him go, but I think that Dempesay will offer us a lot more in the upcoming years.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

He is average. Under 10 possies a game this season. Was a passenger with us, and is still a passenger with them. He was good tonight though.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

lozza89 wrote:Yeah Teddy is playing really well. I don't know why we ever gave him away!
We didn't give him away...he chose to leave in the hope that he would get more game time with Sydney (good choice by him)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

swoodley wrote:
lozza89 wrote:Yeah Teddy is playing really well. I don't know why we ever gave him away!
We didn't give him away...he chose to leave in the hope that he would get more game time with Sydney (good choice by him)
......and we got a first round draft pick for him. Great deal for us.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Teddy is a tease.

Its the one or two games where he shines that allows him to get away with half a dozen where he does nothing. He is a batsman who averages around 35. Sometimes a decent score will come along but in the main, you need guys averaging 40-50.

Does that make any sense at all??
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Teddy is a tease.

Its the one or two games where he shines that allows him to get away with half a dozen where he does nothing. He is a batsman who averages around 35. Sometimes a decent score will come along but in the main, you need guys averaging 40-50.

Yes, he is Mark Waugh without the style. A good side can carry him, but he was exposed in a poor one.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robbie67 wrote:

Yes, he is Mark Waugh without the style. A good side can carry him, but he was exposed in a poor one.
mark waugh was the one that carried sides

im glad teddy went to sydney never liked him so he fits nicely at sydney
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

danstar84 wrote:He is ok, but nothing spectacular. Was sad to see him go, but I think that Dempesay will offer us a lot more in the upcoming years.
precisely
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

robbie67 wrote:

I would've gone with Clarke
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

Richards was a very handy player, should never of let him go and should have gotten more chances. Good work sheeds..
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

a first round pick was robbery for him really. A good side such as Sydney flatters his ability.

Sydney were prepared to pay over the odds for him in an attempt to go back to back. We would have been mad, when rebuilding, not to trade him.

It dosen't mean that I am unhappy for his success in Sydney. I just dont think that we would have been a better side with him in.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I think you've summed it up pretty well. Good on him being successful with Sydney but we really don't miss him either.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Makaveli wrote:Richards was a very handy player, should never of let him go and should have gotten more chances. Good work sheeds..
It was his decision to go. A 'very handy player' is pushing it a bit ...
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

"Handy" players must only have to get it 8 times a game. Welsh must be a superstar then.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

mark waugh was the one that carried sides

im glad teddy went to sydney never liked him so he fits nicely at sydney
You must be talking about Mark's state side career.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Regardless of all chat re: Ted, I was very happy to sit and watch him win a final. Good luck to him.
fordmania
Top Up Player

Post by fordmania »

danstar84 wrote:He is ok, but nothing spectacular. Was sad to see him go, but I think that Dempesay will offer us a lot more in the upcoming years.
I'm with you Danstar. Was sad to see him go but I can see that Dempesay will offer us plenty in the future with his dash along the wings.
When does Beer taste the best? When it's for FREE!!!