If thats Footy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Filthy

If thats Footy

Post by Filthy »

...the 1st 3 finals you can stick it.

Adelaide about 15 behind the ball making attacking impossible...like Sydney. It snuffs out the flair, the skill, the spectacular of our game.

Even though we were losing, Sheeds had us attacking and playing entertaining Footy all year and it looked great when it came off such as in the 1st game, the Bears game and against the scum....and numerous games we lost by not much. Get some skills into it with disposal and players back and top recruits and it is the only hope we have of breaking down this crap Footy. Move the thing so fast, you can't get flood because the ball is moving quicker than the flood.

The best advertisment for other codes...watch Sydney and Adelaide. :evil:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I thought the Sydney v WC game last night was the best game i've seen all year, and i don't think i'm just saying that because it was a final and the result was in doubt until the final siren (plus i wanted the Swans to win). Awesome performances from some of the game's best like Judd, Hall and Cousins, one-on-ones all over the place, pretty good skills, tough, alternating tempos, plenty of physicality, enough goals to keep you interested. As for Sydney dropping numbers behind the ball, i think that's a by-product of a number of things, some of which are West Coast's fault; the fact WC rely on their midfielders to kick a lot of their goals means they often push plenty of their blokes into their own forward 50. And, as Walls correctly pointed out last night, Worsfold was hideously outcoached; why he let Roos dictate the terms by letting Sydney have a 2-man forward line which was functioning beautifully instead of having a few defenders back is anyone's guess, but Worsfold just showed a lack of initiative and guts. Great coaching by Roos though.

As for the Adelaide game, i agree it was pretty droll, even accounting for the conditions. Melbourne v Saints was pretty good as well, i thought.

Each to their own, no doubt :wink:.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i thought the Melb V Saints game was pretty good, hard and fast, was a good game to watch maybe a little bit of flooding by the saints but it's to be expected these days
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

Jazz_84 wrote:i thought the Melb V Saints game was pretty good, hard and fast, was a good game to watch maybe a little bit of flooding by the saints but it's to be expected these days
I agree
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

I thought Adelaides game plan was bloody awful. It won them the game no doubt but it was shitful to watch. And those idiots who believe they can call football on channel 10 have no idea. Christian the twit at one stage was applauding Adelaide for, "Their daring and attacking game plan, taking the game to Freo." What Daring? What Attack? Put 15 men in the defensive 50 isnt daring and attacking, its soft and crap.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Turned it off at half time. Sydney W.C, a cracker, Woosher was too scared to put more in his back half because swans would retain posession until CHF i.e. 15 eagles would be completely out played by 16 Swans. He might have to try it in the GF, though. Melb./Saints game was OK. Doggies were a total delight today. Great game.
boncer34 wrote:I thought Adelaides game plan was bloody awful. It won them the game no doubt but it was shitful to watch. And those idiots who believe they can call football on channel 10 have no idea. Christian the twit at one stage was applauding Adelaide for, "Their daring and attacking game plan, taking the game to Freo." What Daring? What Attack? Put 15 men in the defensive 50 isnt daring and attacking, its soft and crap.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

boncer34 wrote:I thought Adelaides game plan was bloody awful. It won them the game no doubt but it was shitful to watch. And those idiots who believe they can call football on channel 10 have no idea. Christian the twit at one stage was applauding Adelaide for, "Their daring and attacking game plan, taking the game to Freo." What Daring? What Attack? Put 15 men in the defensive 50 isnt daring and attacking, its soft and crap.
I'm not sure it was pure flooding but more a case of Adelaide turning the heat up to 360 degrees. I thought they were relentless and never stopped working and thats why they won.
Weight of numbers eventually gave way after quarter time, as they were clearly the more dominant side.
Its up to Connelly and his players to overcome such pressure by maybe chipping it around and keeping possession because every time they took off they got caught.
You can't bag a sides game plan when they win by 5 goals.
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Oh Filth mate some of the footy this weekend has been awesome! WC v Sydney was a classic and I know you posted this thread before todays game but that was fairly pulsating for most of the day. I know it's so shit that we're not there but sit back and enjoy it!
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Only the Adelaide vs Freo game was average. The other three were pretty good games. Really looking forward to next weeks games.
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

danstar84 wrote:Only the Adelaide vs Freo game was average. The other three were pretty good games. Really looking forward to next weeks games.
And even that game was influenced to a degree by difficult conditions. The high pressure of finals footy was evident throughout too.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Eagles vs Bulldogs should be a cracker of a game. Wouldn't surprise me if the Bulldogs got up. They have the midfield to take it to West Coast, and while they don't have much tall timber down there, the forward line works far better than the Eagles does for mine.

Freo vs Melb....who knows which way that will go. Have to go for Freo though because it's in WA
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

The Bullies game...great. Not just because of the result but the way it was played...fast, open and tough.

The Swans & Crows having 18 guys in front of the kicker is NOT footy. :evil:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I thought the Sydney v WC game last night was the best game i've seen all year, and i don't think i'm just saying that because it was a final and the result was in doubt until the final siren (plus i wanted the Swans to win). Awesome performances from some of the game's best like Judd, Hall and Cousins, one-on-ones all over the place, pretty good skills, tough, alternating tempos, plenty of physicality, enough goals to keep you interested. As for Sydney dropping numbers behind the ball, i think that's a by-product of a number of things, some of which are West Coast's fault; the fact WC rely on their midfielders to kick a lot of their goals means they often push plenty of their blokes into their own forward 50. And, as Walls correctly pointed out last night, Worsfold was hideously outcoached; why he let Roos dictate the terms by letting Sydney have a 2-man forward line which was functioning beautifully instead of having a few defenders back is anyone's guess, but Worsfold just showed a lack of initiative and guts. Great coaching by Roos though.

As for the Adelaide game, i agree it was pretty droll, even accounting for the conditions. Melbourne v Saints was pretty good as well, i thought.

Each to their own, no doubt :wink:.
I agree, i thought it was awesome to watch 2 teams in their prime going at it like there was no tommorow. To lots of superstars all firing for a fitting one kick result. The Micky O' goal and celebration was magic!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

There were two good games the Bulldogs win and the Swans win. The other two weren't quite as good but the Adelaide was was a shocker for a finals match.
Pazza
Essendon Legend

Post by Pazza »

The conditions on Friday night and Saturday dictated the play being shown in each match.

As soon as it started pissing down on Friday night, the game was going to be tough and scrappy.

As for Saturday, the wind in Adelaide was even worse than what we were getting in Melbourne (have a read of the scores from the matches on Saturday in Melbourne - plenty of low scores).
BT's resident umpire
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

is this a joke post. It was a superb week of finals, tough, close and exciting.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Adelaide v Freo was bit ugly but I thought the other games were top notch.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Makaveli wrote:is this a joke post. It was a superb week of finals, tough, close and exciting.
agree completely - the finals so far have been very good - and the sydney v wce game was sensational - both in terms of quality and excitement.

adel v freo was the least attractive - but the conditions were a bit tough.

not sure about how we played footy this year filth - i thought we kicked it to the opposition way too much!! :wink: