Jay Nash

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Jay Nash

Post by Doctor Fish »

A somewhat forgotten player on our list. Hopefully he's getting injury free. I noticed he got in the best for Bendigo which is good to see. Might be a handy inclusion to the seniors in coming weeks. Did anyone see the Bendigo game?

:wink:
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I really like the look of Nash. He is a good mover and well balanced and I believe that he has a futuer. But where would you play him. Back line is looking pretty good at present.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Of the limited amount i've seen of him, i want him to get more games because he can actually hit a target with his kicks - something that plenty of guys in our team don't do often enough, including NLM (who, i'd imagine, is competing for the same spot on HBF and is by no means an automatic inclusion when fit). Nash was stiff in the games he has played - Sheedy just threw him onto Buckley or Ricciuto or someone like that and he didn't have a chance to do anything.

Maybe give Cole a few more matches in the ones and leave Nash in Bendigo for a few more weeks, and if Nash keeps playing well and Cole is 'just going' in the ones, give Nash a go.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Actually first game he played on Buckley and was ripping him a new a-hole for 2.5 quarters. Then Sheedy took him off for a rest and put Murphy on Buckley.

In about 5 minutes Buckley had kicked 3 goals, and then kicked a further 2 when Nash went back on them him because he had a run on going and had his confidence up.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i havn't seen anything of jay nash so can't really comment but so far the new inclusions have been working for us i must say

and ealesy im pretty sure henneman isn't still with us :P
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

No I just haven't changed my quote since the end of last season
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Will be a beauty this bloke. Started off in the back line against some pretty handy players like Rucuitto & Chapman, but showed his true worth in last year's game against the Saints.

Fantastic left foot kick (better & more consistent than Dyson's), & a definite midfield prospect - look out for him in the 2nd half of the season.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

CameronClayton wrote:Will be a beauty this bloke. Started off in the back line against some pretty handy players like Rucuitto & Chapman, but showed his true worth in last year's game against the Saints.

Fantastic left foot kick (better & more consistent than Dyson's), & a definite midfield prospect - look out for him in the 2nd half of the season.
Spot on, tough as they come and has a great defensive mind and attitude as well.
Tambu
Top Up Player

Post by Tambu »

Will definitely add a lot of class to our midfield/backline.

Watching him play last year, I was very impressed with his composure. He just looked so relaxed when he had the ball. Hope to see him play against the Tigers this week.
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

Tambu wrote:Will definitely add a lot of class to our midfield/backline.

Watching him play last year, I was very impressed with his composure. He just looked so relaxed when he had the ball. Hope to see him play against the Tigers this week.

Not quite ready he only played a half of footy since recoveryin from his foot injury! need a few more games to build his match fitness up!
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

CameronClayton wrote: Fantastic left foot kick (better & more consistent than Dyson's), & a definite midfield prospect - look out for him in the 2nd half of the season.
Are you sure he's a left footer?
Maybe he kicks well on both then - could be the next Sean Denham.!!
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
Tambu
Top Up Player

Post by Tambu »

Dizzy_69 wrote:
Tambu wrote:Will definitely add a lot of class to our midfield/backline.

Not quite ready he only played a half of footy since recoveryin from his foot injury! need a few more games to build his match fitness up!
According to the Essendon website he's in the selection mix for this week.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I'd give him a few more weeks yet.

Only played half the game on the weekend apparently so probably isn't up to full fitness yet.

Definite midfield/half-back prospect.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Probably not ready yet but after a good win you still need guys in the two's putting pressure on for a game. Aside from Kepler (needs 8 more games at Bendigo with at least 4 BOG's before he comes into contention) players like Johns, Laycock, Nash etc need to keep putting in good performances so the guys who get selected are always under the microscope.