Life after Sir James

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Life after Sir James

Post by Brumaz »

Jim has been insensational form this year. It really drives home what a momentus occasion it will be come round 22 when he is walking out for his last game for the red and black
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Life after Sir James

Post by BenDoolan »

Brumaz wrote:Jim has been insensational form this year. It really drives home what a momentus occasion it will be come round 22 when he is walking out for his last game for the red and black
His last game will be in Melbourne in the Elimination Final :wink:
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Don't you mean grandfinal Ben ?
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gatsid wrote:Don't you mean grandfinal Ben ?
Gee, I thought I was stretching it with the Elinination Final! :lol:
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

Haha, ...okay feel free to read Rnd 22 as " last game of the year, whenever that may be" (I fully think we have what it takes to make the finals)
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

if we dont make the finals, i would love a Collingwood v Essendon match to be held in honour of Buckley and Hird.
2 true stalwarts of the game. And i dont want to have to go to perth for the game. Both deserve a local send off.
Perhaps a Hird/Buckley cup for the 2nd round Essendon Collingwood clash each year.
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

*flaps hands*

Do not speak of it! I'm going to bed to hug my Hirdy posters to sleep!!!!
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Hopefully he gives it up in Round 21 in Melbourne.

He'll retire Filth. The mind is willing, but the body ain't. I doubt he could endure another pre season.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Well i know whenever it will be, there will not be a dry eye in the house.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

If the finals are out of the question, a farewell round 21 against Richmond at the G would be wonderful.

The only snag with that is that it is a twilight game so it would only be on pay TV, and I don't know if the club could keep him off the ground for Rd 22, he'd wanna help his boys out.
Leigh
Top Up Player

Post by Leigh »

Who knows when his last game will be.
He might get injured this year, or play a full year uinjury free plus finals.
If Sheedy gets his contract renewed he may even talk Hird into playing another season. Especially if Hird stays injury Free and the bombers make the finals
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

citizenerased wrote:if we dont make the finals, i would love a Collingwood v Essendon match to be held in honour of Buckley and Hird.
2 true stalwarts of the game. And i dont want to have to go to perth for the game. Both deserve a local send off.
Perhaps a Hird/Buckley cup for the 2nd round Essendon Collingwood clash each year.
I love that idea.

and wouldn't it be priceless, elimination final going on between doggies and dawks at telstra dome, 21,000 turn up, scratch match between dons and pies to honour two club legends at the G 80,000+ show.
:D
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

ZRS wrote:
citizenerased wrote:if we dont make the finals, i would love a Collingwood v Essendon match to be held in honour of Buckley and Hird.
I love that idea.

and wouldn't it be priceless, elimination final going on between doggies and dawks at telstra dome, 21,000 turn up, scratch match between dons and pies to honour two club legends at the G 80,000+ show.
:D
And then all the other clubs would bitch and moan how Essendon & Collingwood were hogging all the retirement scratch matches :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

that game would be well over 80,000!!!
Tambu
Top Up Player

Post by Tambu »

Staggy wrote:Hopefully he gives it up in Round 21 in Melbourne.

He'll retire Filth. The mind is willing, but the body ain't. I doubt he could endure another pre season.
Have to agree. Despite showing some great signs like in the game v Lions, he'd be absolutely exhausted after the career he's had.

BTW I'm a newbie to the site. Please.. be gentle. :P

Go Dons!
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Tambu wrote:

Have to agree. Despite showing some great signs like in the game v Lions, he'd be absolutely exhausted after the career he's had.

Go Dons!
Welcome aboard mate, its always good to have new people along. By the way if you dont mind me asking how did you find out about us ?
Tambu
Top Up Player

Post by Tambu »

Gatsid wrote:
Tambu wrote:

Go Dons!
Welcome aboard mate, its always good to have new people along. By the way if you dont mind me asking how did you find out about us ?
Thanks!

I used to read bombertalk when it was part of the official site. There was a thread about remaking the messageboard... I finally decided to actually sign up.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Hird kicks winning goal in Grand final against Collingwood after siren in front of 143,000 people at the "G".

Chaired from ground by select group of B.T's

The fairytale ends!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Dont think he did a PS this year. I think he came back in feb.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!