Great Fightback that should have not been needed.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dheal
Top Up Player

Great Fightback that should have not been needed.

Post by dheal »

Absolutely great to witness the win after the fightback but we should not have been in the position to be behind at that stage, we should have been at least 5 goals ahead but due to some appalling kicking for goal from SET SHOTS, most from inside 50 almost cost us the game like against North & the Carlton Dicks. More practice required at training but mostly required is to get their mental state straight when taking a shot. Be Positive!
As for that "supposed missed free kick" to the big sulk, i did not see him spit the dummey when he was awarded a very soft free kick in the 2nd quarter from which he goaled. I was sitting near that incident & could not see anything but the maggots must have unusually alert to a minor touch on the big sulk. Anyway i reckon we have been penalised a lot this year from this rule & has cost us dearly.
Overall it was good to win but i think Hille needs some help in the ruck, Laycock needs to play , ( notice that Cartledge was among the best for the VFL side, why was he delisted & Bolton retained?), keep Paddy down back where he is doing a great job. Also more pace required in midfield Campo to make way for Lovett etc. when they are fit.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Laycock needs to pull his finger out of his arse before he gets another game.

Our kicking for goal has been terrible lately, in stark contrast to the start of the year. Its like a virus, when a couple start missing early, it tends to spread to most other players.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Set shots have been poor. We were 3g 8b from set shots at one stage. If it was 8g 3b then it was game over.

Houli seems to push them left, and Lucas and LIoyd haven't been quite as accurate either it seems.

To contrast, Watson and Stanton have been good by foot.

The ball was doing funny things on Saturday night. That last goal of LIoyds seemed to float in all sorts of directions before it went thru, and many kicks around ground from both teams were floaters or helicpter style kicks. Of course, they might be just crap kicks.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

F111 we were 3.10 from set shots at one stage.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant