The Team - Round 10 vs Sydney

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

The Team - Round 10 vs Sydney

Post by Madden »

Interesting omissions.

In:
Laycock
Bolton
Welsh

Out:
Camporeale
Cole
Dyson

Fletcher Ryder Michael
McVeigh Bolton Stanton
Peverill Watson Slattery
Welsh Lucas Davey
M.Johnson Lloyd Hird
Hille McPhee Winderlich

J.Johnson Monfries Laycock Houli

Camporeale Johns Nash
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Why the f*** does Bolton and Laycock come back in! For f*** sakes. They do not add ANYTHING to the team. They don't improve the team in any way. I do not see why they keep persistsing with them, especially Bolton
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Don't mind Laycock and Welsh in. Bolts is only there to play on Goodes, but I would have preferred another quicker player in the side for the extra run...
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Horses for courses. This is a good team.

I'm glad Dyson, Campo and Cole have been ommited. Shows we are not rewarding mediocre efforts.

Great to see Welsh back, I love him up forward take strong grabs and can work at ground level. I hope he gets up for it.

McVeigh, Slatts and Davey are the key to this game. If Welsh doesn't get up I would love to see Nash in there as well. If we can nullify them in the center we will be a real chance provided we kick straight .
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I think Dyson was very, very stiff to be omitted in a team that desperately needs some speed.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Hislop!!!
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

lozza89 wrote:Why the f*** does Bolton and Laycock come back in! For f*** sakes. They do not add ANYTHING to the team. They don't improve the team in any way. I do not see why they keep persistsing with them, especially Bolton
Bolton is there to do the job on Goodes. And he plays him pretty well.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Staggy wrote:I think Dyson was very, very stiff to be omitted in a team that desperately needs some speed.
Isn't Nash a very similar player to Dyson? I'd say Sheeds might see him as the player to take on his role.....

Suprised no Hislop, meant to be a hard nut, and its the contested possies we really have to compete hard against the swans for....
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

KaaN10 wrote:Hislop!!!
Saw on BomberBlitz that Matty Knights was on SEN (yesterday/today) and said that Hislop needs to show some consistency and discipline. Maybe that's why he's not getting a game yet.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

Sismis wrote:Horses for courses. This is a good team.

I'm glad Dyson, Campo and Cole have been ommited. Shows we are not rewarding mediocre efforts.

Great to see Welsh back, I love him up forward take strong grabs and can work at ground level. I hope he gets up for it.

McVeigh, Slatts and Davey are the key to this game. If Welsh doesn't get up I would love to see Nash in there as well. If we can nullify them in the center we will be a real chance provided we kick straight .
agree sis, with all of the above
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I saw the Bolton selection coming from a mile away. Great to see Nash is close to selection. They obviously think a lot of him because he's only been back on the track for 5 minutes.....
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

BenDoolan wrote:I saw the Bolton selection coming from a mile away. Great to see Nash is close to selection. They obviously think a lot of him because he's only been back on the track for 5 minutes.....
reading the bendigo match reports, it sounds like nash has cleaned up in the twos.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Laycock's last chance for mine
Bleeding for the red and black
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

This was probably the obvious team. All 3 obvious omissions were made, although i'd agree with others that Dyson was probably the stiffest of the trio to be dropped. His career seems to be on the tenterhooks.

Great that we dropped Camporeale. Hopefully if a few more young guys step up, Campo won't even figure in future selection considerations for the senior side.

Richard Cole may as well pack his bags and head off to a country league now. Getting dropped after three weeks when he supposedly needed game time to get match fitness indicates to me the coaching staff don't see much in him.

As for the ins, well, who didn't see Bolton coming? Most obvious 'surprise' selection in history. Fair enough, i'm happy for him to play the odd game here and there if he gets a specified job he can execute (i.e. shut down Goodes) - what i don't want to see is Bolts being left in the team for weeks on end.

This game should suit the 'Cock - neither Jolly or Everitt are going to expose him around the ground for speed, and the SCG is small so he shouldn't get too tired running between contests (assuming he still lacks fitness). He needs to show something.

And good to see Welsh back in. His inclusion was a no-brainer on his form this year.

Oh, and Nash on the emergencies is good news.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Sismis wrote:
Clearly we are if Bolton and Laycock are back in the team.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

What vomiting agent did you use Rosso? Or did you just go the old fingers down the back of the throat trick when you heard Bolton is in?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

His inclusion was enough.

I dont have anything against Bolts himself, I think he is an ok player. However, if we are re-building, why not give the job of playing on goodes to a younger player?

If Bolts was playing most matches (and deserving it at the time), the I wouldnt have a problem with it. But to play him simply to play on Goodes is pointless.

Its like when we played Matthew Banks to play on Rocca. The guy played 4 games, 3 of them against Collingwood.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

It does seems that Campo and Cole are at the crossroads.

Dunno about Bolton, would've had Bradley in there before him on Bendigo form.

Should be a good game.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

sammy lonergan injured?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Rossoneri wrote:His inclusion was enough.

I dont have anything against Bolts himself, I think he is an ok player. However, if we are re-building, why not give the job of playing on goodes to a younger player?

If Bolts was playing most matches (and deserving it at the time), the I wouldnt have a problem with it. But to play him simply to play on Goodes is pointless.

Its like when we played Matthew Banks to play on Rocca. The guy played 4 games, 3 of them against Collingwood.
If we were 3-6 I'd agree, put a young guy in to have a crack,. BUT we are one game out of the top four and this is going to be a very tight year. In this case the strategic move outweighs the development argument.

Laycock is in simply for back up purposes. As Kev pointed out today his deveolpment so far has been disapointing., however if he can smash into Everit and Jolly a few times that is few times Hille doesn't have to.