Bombers at $3.50?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Re: Bombers at $3.50?

Post by dodgey »

Filthy wrote:Swans $1.28 in a 2 horse race?

Might have a little flutter on that. :wink:

$1.28 is a bit SHORT.... :lol:
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Paying $4.20 on Betfair that is goooood value
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

We struggled like bejesus to beat the worst team in the league last week. I wouldn't be touching us unless we're $5+.

I do however think we can give it a real shake. I definitely think we'll get a lot closer than 43 points, which is how much we lost by last time at the SCG.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

jimmyc1985 wrote:We struggled like bejesus to beat the worst team in the league last week. I wouldn't be touching us unless we're $5+.

I do however think we can give it a real shake. I definitely think we'll get a lot closer than 43 points, which is how much we lost by last time at the SCG.
I think we are great value this week. Richmonds form isn't that bad. They ran Adelaide to 9 points over there the week before they played us.

Not sure that we will win but $3.50 is way over.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BERT wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:We struggled like bejesus to beat the worst team in the league last week. I wouldn't be touching us unless we're $5+.

I think we are great value this week. Richmonds form isn't that bad. They ran Adelaide to 9 points over there the week before they played us.

Maybe. But then Adelaide took 110 minutes to beat Carlton (who are the second worst team in the league) last week, nearly lost to Richmond the week before and beat the Lions, who are in the middle of a bad form slump, the week before that. I don't think Adelaide are going that well right now.

All a matter of perspective.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I wouldn't have thought we'd beat the Swans, no matter what the price offered.

Mind you, I have thought we were going to lose pretty much every game this year. Yet I tip us every week - what a contrast.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Essendon over 39.5 are at $14.00. Might be worth a couple of dollars.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Its a ridiculous price considering I reckon the Swans are side we have had the wood on. Even when they have won they have struggled to do so.

You should have heard Walls on 3AW last night saying the Swans will win by plenty because we were poor last week. Recently Richmond seem to lift when they play us and apart from the Geelong game they arent as bad as they seem. I have no doubt that come from behind win will have given the boys heaps of confidence.

Lets hope we make Essendon hater No. 1 (Walls) eat his words.

I'm backing the Bombers in even though most think we have no chance. We match up pretty well and I dont know how they are going cope with our forward line.
Last edited by MH_Bomber on Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

Staggy wrote:I wouldn't have thought we'd beat the Swans, no matter what the price offered.

Mind you, I have thought we were going to lose pretty much every game this year. Yet I tip us every week - what a contrast.
i think your a confused young man staggy.

I always think we are going to win, and not just saying that, when i look at the teams on paper on thursday night I truly get escited and beleive we will win the game.

as such, I will be putting a lazy pinapple on us at $3.50 good odds if you ask me.
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

f***, whilst we're at it, Essendon are $51 for the flag and Lucas is $126 for the Brownlow - let's all get on board :roll:.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

MH_Bomber wrote:Its a ridiculous price considering I reckon the Swans are side we have had the wood on. Even when they have won they have struggled to do so.

You should have heard Walls on 3AW last night saying the Swans will win by plenty because we were poor last week. Recently Richmond seem to lift when they play us and apart from the Geelong game they arent as bad as they seem. I have no doubt that come from behind win will have given the boys heaps of confidence.

Lets hope we make Essendon hater No. 1 (Walls) eat his words.

I'm backing the Bombers in even though most think we have no chance. We match up pretty well and I dont know how they are going cope with our forward line.
absolutely agree with you MH.

Watson is our dark horse...if he can have a big game in the middle and Hille has a good night out against Everitt/Jolley, I think we will be good to go.

I really hope Lloydy lights up the SCG...and as a Sydney based fan, I want the team to send Hirdy out on a high for his last game in Sydney.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Bombers at $3.50?

Post by Windy_Hill »

dodgey wrote:
Filthy wrote:Swans $1.28 in a 2 horse race?

Might have a little flutter on that. :wink:

$1.28 is a bit SHORT.... :lol:
only Capper's footy daks were shorter
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

jimmyc1985 wrote:f***, whilst we're at it, Essendon are $51 for the flag and Lucas is $126 for the Brownlow - let's all get on board :roll:.
jimmy, thats what many were also saying to me when I had my last bet on essendon, $50 on us against crows at $3.50

i just go $3.60 then at TAB for sydney
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

ZRS wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:f***, whilst we're at it, Essendon are $51 for the flag and Lucas is $126 for the Brownlow - let's all get on board :roll:.
jimmy, thats what many were also saying to me when I had my last bet on essendon, $50 on us against crows at $3.50

Yes ZRS...you also backed us against the Crows last year at AAMI when i gave you the notional odds of $10. If memory serves, we went oh-so-close but just fell away in the end to lose by a lazy 138 points :wink:.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Where the hell is JohnG... get on board boys and girls... this is my tip for the year.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

When was the last time we beat Sydney in Sydney? 2000?

The odds aren't long because the bookies want to pay us a bonus divind on winning.

Hille will need to beat 2 in form Ruckmen who absolutely cruelled the Doggies last week. Our mid-field will have to beat the best drilled and most disciplined centre combination in the game (ATM). Our runers will need to make space against the best tagging / close checking team in the comp and finally, our key forward (Lloyd) who usually plays well against the Swans - will need to shake off his injury (oh yes he has a dodgey back - probably related to his hammy) and kick plenty.

Still they all start with 2 arms and 2 legs - and who would have thought we'd beat Adelaide in the opening round?
Bomber Mad
Top Up Player

Post by Bomber Mad »

Ill put on a couple, but still think we will lose by 20+
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
ZRS wrote:

Yes ZRS...you also backed us against the Crows last year at AAMI when i gave you the notional odds of $10. If memory serves, we went oh-so-close but just fell away in the end to lose by a lazy 138 points :wink:.
yeah, I still owe you $5 from that :oops:

but this is different, this time im sure :P
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
BERT wrote:

Maybe. But then Adelaide took 110 minutes to beat Carlton (who are the second worst team in the league) last week, nearly lost to Richmond the week before and beat the Lions, who are in the middle of a bad form slump, the week before that. I don't think Adelaide are going that well right now.

All a matter of perspective.
Not only that... they lost to Melbourne today.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

hop wrote:When was the last time we beat Sydney in Sydney? 2000?
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant