Solly

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Solly

Post by bomberflyer »

I still like the way he throws himself in at the contest. That hip and shoulder on Maxwell was awesome.

Tim Watson kept pumping him up all night.

Gees I hate Collingwood and there dentally deprived fans. And we should congratulate the Pies on there 56th June Premiership.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

I don't recall him having a single touch in the last quarter when the game was most definitely up for grabs. That's why we got rid of him: He is no longer capable of having any influence on a game whatsoever. Ditto Chris Tarrant. Last night's performance from him typified the reasons he was traded away from Collingwood.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Well I'll stand to disagree on both points. Neither Tarrant nor Solomon's performances were reasons why Fremantle lost. I thought Tarrant's ground coverage was exceptional and gave them a huge presence between Half Forward and the Wing. No doubt his kicking is a problem, but Pavlich is normally one of the best kicks going around and he kicked 4.7.

Fremantle's decision making across half back and the middle of the ground was woeful and that's what cost them. A couple of their defenders shit themselves on occasions which cost them goals.

I have no doubt that Solly is adding to the team exactly what has been asked... create a contest in the forward 50...smover, tackle and protect his forwards. The problem is Fremantle has few others who do the same. Solly has never been a high possession footballer as he brings other qualities to team which normally narrowminded footballer followers miss.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I thought Tarrant was very good last night, as much as I dislike the bloke.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I thought Solly was ok except for last qtr when he went missing.

Tarrant worked hard but struggled to execute.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

On another note, i was sitting round last night at a public venue having a couple drinks and perhaps the noise of the other patrons detracted from my hearing, but am i correct in saying that those clowns on C7 were pumping up Cloke like he was god incarnate?! Every time i concentrated on the TV for a few minutes, Bruce or Dennis or Tim would be going off their trolley about Cloke being the best thing since Wayne Carey! What the f*** is that all about - the guy is a f****** dud!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

jimmyc1985 wrote:On another note, i was sitting round last night at a public venue having a couple drinks and perhaps the noise of the other patrons detracted from my hearing, but am i correct in saying that those clowns on C7 were pumping up Cloke like he was god incarnate?! Every time i concentrated on the TV for a few minutes, Bruce or Dennis or Tim would be going off their trolley about Cloke being the best thing since Wayne Carey! What the f*** is that all about - the guy is a f****** dud!
Yeah fairly sure one of the tools said that he has been sensational this year and that he is a really key player now!!

I agree that he is a dud but you can hardly blame the boy he does come from his fathers sack afterall