TO THOSE WHO WENT I.E Rosso

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

TO THOSE WHO WENT I.E Rosso

Post by paddyl90 »

Give us a report from the ground. I am spewing that I didnt go to the game wouldve been the best atmosphere and im sure it was wasnt thinkign that in the first 1.4. Lucky buggers you people. My god Go You Bombers!!! :D :D
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

The first game of the year that i missed :( :( :( :(

I am so shattered, the one weekend i decided to go home :(
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Just got home. It was awesome. I am hoarse. They played the song 4 times after the game. I waved my jacket the whole time. imagine the dome crowd as loud as you've ever heard it, and double it.

I was almost in tears!!!
Bleeding for the red and black
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

YOU MISSED ONE OF THE BEST EVER......an absolute classic!
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Players were very very emotional after the game. Came around and made a point of thanking the bomber end of the ground. Very exciting - I'm still hyped!
Bleeding for the red and black
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

You missed the best game.
1st quarter- our supporters were very quiet, but i don't blame them after the quarter weagles played
2nd quarter onwards- our supporters just lifted and in the final quarter you could not containt them. We really got behind the boys and were just sensational.
I have no voice, but i don't care, best win ever!!!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Well, i went.

First quarter i was thinking 'there's no way the Toasters can keep this up'. They were playing some of the best footy i've seen. We just couldn't touch it.

Once Stants went off injured and we were still 5 goals down, my old man said he'd happily take an 8 goal loss.

Then when we started working back into it in the 3rd quarter, the crowd just lifted with every goal. The Dome was a cauldron tonight and the atmosphere was great.

In the last quarter, i was just going ballistic. When Lucas put through the goal to put us in the lead, i high-fived the random old guy next to me with the headphones on. Last 10 minutes was unbelievable - everyone was screaming, just f****** going off. Then when they got the ball down in their forward line right at the end, the random old guy next to me with the radio started counting down the seconds...when he got to zero we just went f****** nuts.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

The f****** grog squad went off! Eat that you coke head bastards!
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Yeah I went.

Crowd was feral...loudest ive heard in years.

And a cracker f****** match to boot.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Lucas' goal brought the house down.

Only echoed by the roar when Jones wasnt paid a free kick for holding ball and when the Siren went.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

rama_fan wrote:Only echoed by the roar when Jones wasnt paid a free kick for holding ball
That was about 15 metres away from where i sit. That's the most angry i've ever got at an umpiring decision, and the crowd seemed to agree with me.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

danstar84 wrote:The f****** grog squad went off! Eat that you coke head bastards!
Had the pleasure of the grog squad singing the song to me on my phone about 10 after the game. Fking brilliant.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

To be honest, from where I was sitting, we looked out of our depth in the first half. Whenever we made a mistake, they would capatalise and make us pay. They werte clinical out of defence and moved down the ground with precision. We were indecisive, and had no options going forward...hence the hestitation and kicking sideways backwards. We were getting well beaten for inside 50's clearances etc.

The second half was amazing. The intensity close in was great. Hird was phenomenal. I don't know how good King Dick was, but Hird is the best Bomber player I have ever seen. Hille was enormous. Laycock kicked beautifully. Somehow, we had more clearances than West Coast for the game. The midfield, although less talented, took it up to them. Winderlich was fantastic tonight. I reckon his best game for the club. I could keep going, but I'm stuffed.....
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

You tell us Benny!!

That's what I was like on the phone to a mate - just saying the same thing 4 times over!!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

BenDoolan wrote:To be honest, from where I was sitting, we looked out of our depth in the first half. Whenever we made a mistake, they would capatalise and make us pay. They were clinical out of defence and moved down the ground with precision. We were indecisive, and had no options going forward...hence the hestitation and kicking sideways and backwards. We were getting well beaten for inside 50's clearances etc.

The second half was amazing. The intensity close in was great. Hird was phenomenal. I don't know how good King Dick was, but Hird is the best Bomber player I have ever seen. Hille was enormous. Laycock kicked beautifully. Somehow, we had more clearances than West Coast for the game. The midfield, although less talented, took it up to them. Winderlich was fantastic tonight. I reckon his best game for the club. I could keep going, but I'm stuffed.....
I'm seeing double, or something :)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rama_fan wrote:You tell us Benny!!

That's what I was like on the phone to a mate - just saying the same thing 4 times over!!
:lol:

f***** if I know what I'm doing!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Are you sure benny?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Had a few raspberries BD?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberdonnie wrote:Had a few raspberries BD?
Totally blown away with this game!

Hopped on the wrong f****** train and everything!!!!!!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

F*ck yeah!!

I was there, and stayed to drink in the TD bar after the game.

I would say it is definitely, without a doubt, the loudest I have ever heard the dome. Including the finals we won there.

Just f*cking unbelievable. One of the best ever. You f*ckin beauty Bombers.