Take That Channel 7

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
pear
On the Rookie List

Take That Channel 7

Post by pear »

Not content with slagging the Eagles off all night, I am proud to say I gave two Channel 7 cameramen a spray when they walked up the aisle past me:
"Why don't you F*** off and give the footy back to 9!"

I don't think they were expecting that!
Bleeding for the red and black
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

As i dont think they would expect it.

They're only doing a job
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

perhaps they should have rplied "because 9 are a pack of mercenary cvnts who don't give a **** about football".
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

agreed. ill take mcavaney and commetti, with bias-free special comments from olarenshaw and ox before listening to the drivel of Lyon and Brereton again.
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

citizenerased wrote:agreed. ill take mcavaney and commetti, with bias-free special comments from olarenshaw and ox before listening to the drivel of Lyon and Brereton again.
Here here.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

citizenerased wrote:agreed. ill take mcavaney and commetti, with bias-free special comments from olarenshaw and ox before listening to the drivel of Lyon and Brereton again.
Ox is far from bias free the man hates us
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

I don't think the Ox is smart enough to be biased. At one point in the first Q he remarked that West coast were "Beating the bombers at their own game". What the f*** does that mean, exactly, Ox?

I will be happy to never have to listen to Gary Lyon or Brian Taylor again.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

dingus wrote:I don't think the Ox is smart enough to be biased. At one point in the first Q he remarked that West coast were "Beating the bombers at their own game". What the f*** does that mean, exactly, Ox?

I will be happy to never have to listen to Gary Lyon or Brian Taylor again.
Funny I was thinking exactly the same thing Dingus like how the f*** could WC even think about our game they are the supposed best team in the comp ffs
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

Me too.

F*** Channel 9.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

My problem with 7 is more their production, crap camera angles, replays etc.

Can't believe anyone thinks what Olerenshaw and Ox say are special comments.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Hirdy wiping his sweat off on Ricky's horrible tie was the best!
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

andrewb wrote:Hirdy wiping his sweat off on Ricky's horrible tie was the best!
Yeah, that was great. :D :D
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

f*** 9 & MMM. More interested in talking themselves up.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

That was a classic (hirdy rubbing his sweat on Olarenshaws tie)
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

I'd rather listen to Walls than that tripe.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Having watched the replay, I was surprised by the positive commentary from Schwarz. He described Essendon supporters positively, he talked up Essendon's chances for the rest of the year (if we could win this game) and they were all reasonably positive when describing umpire decisions.
They seemed to deliberately show support some decisions, and when they made a disagreeing comment, they moved quickly on and didn't dwell on it.
C9 would've replayed certain decisions ad nauseum.

As for the expert commentary, well, it's like listening to the radio when you're at the ground watching. :D
Last edited by F111 on Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

F111 wrote:Having watched the replay, I was surprised by the positive commentary from Scwharz. He described Essendon supporters positively, he talked up Essendon's chances for the rest of the year (if we could win this game) and they were all reasonably positive when describing umpire decisions.
They seemed to deliberately show support some decisions, and when they made a disagreeing comment, they moved quickly on and didn't dwell on it.
C9 would've replayed certain decisions ad nauseum.

As for the expert commentary, well, it's like listening to the radio when you're at the ground watching. :D
It's not the first time Schwarz has had good things to say about our supporters. I remember just after he retired he said he would have loved to have played in front of a group of supporters like ours his entire career, and how much we loved the club.

He may not be the brightest bloke Schwarz, but he always has shown a lot of courage. All those knee injuries robbed him of his best years, and he was a very very good footballer. He has handled his gambling problems in the public spotlight with great dignity, and he comes across like a guy who would gladly have a beer with you. I think he is a good bloke.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

robbie67 wrote:
It's not the first time Schwarz has had good things to say about our supporters. I remember just after he retired he said he would have loved to have played in front of a group of supporters like ours his entire career, and how much we loved the club.

He may not be the brightest bloke Schwarz, but he always has shown a lot of courage. All those knee injuries robbed him of his best years, and he was a very very good footballer. He has handled his gambling problems in the public spotlight with great dignity, and he comes across like a guy who would gladly have a beer with you. I think he is a good bloke.
I can second that - I used to work at a petrol station during my uni years and Schwarz was a regular along with Russell Robertson. Both good blokes and very friendly! But as for Schwarz commentary - I don't think I detected any bias from him as he had some very positive things to say about our footy club.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Just watched the replay again and sober for the first time and the commentary was very positive for Essendon...

Dennis showed his Western Heart a few times but Bruce and Ox were going awf at the Judd non decisions and I can guarantee that Bruthy was out of his seat when Jones didnt get pinged at the end he was not happy at all.

They also made a lot of comments about how disiplined our players were and especially Spike for not biting when the 50/50s went against them time after time
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

Ox is a bloody moron. Even Bruce was taking the piss out of him at one stage, which was cleva.
red n black til i die