Gus!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Gus!

Post by DYSON#2 »

Hopefully the goal he slotted in the 3rd corner turns his form around, hopefully it put him into 5th gear because i was questioning him moments before he kicked that goal when he had only 2 touches at half time.
i thought maybe it was time for him to have a run in the magoos. i think he knew he had to do something and i noticed he lifted when the team lifted, kicked a goal and he had the fire in the belly.

Train hard this week gus and go back to your home state next week and give the power somthing to forget.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

The kid is one of my faves but he is on struggle street ATM
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Had a very good last quarter when he went on the ball. Puts his body on the line all the time and won some free kicks in doing so.
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

Loved that goal he kicked last night, although he's been struggling to kicka goal a game like he did last year. Still progressing quite well though he'll be a star in a few years.
red n black til i die
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

He was targeted early in the year and I thought he lost some confidence after that.

His Q3 last night was a better effort.

He does need to aim a tad lower when he tackles 'cause he gave a of couple high ones away.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Give him one week in the seconds to get his hands on the pill and confidence up. then he can come back and show us the forum he did last year.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Re: Gus!

Post by bombers_rock »

DYSON#2 wrote:Hopefully the goal he slotted in the 3rd corner turns his form around
I'm sure we can forgive your mistake on the basis that you were on a high after such a massive win. ;):lol:
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Re: Gus!

Post by DYSON#2 »

bombers_rock wrote:
DYSON#2 wrote:Hopefully the goal he slotted in the 3rd corner turns his form around
I'm sure we can forgive your mistake on the basis that you were on a high after such a massive win. ;):lol:
:oops: yeah i was pretty tanked :wink:
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I too think that Gussy is struggling at the moment but that goal was a beauty. I will give him until next week but if he continues to have quiet games he may been a spell with Bendigo... especially with guys like Natrat, Lovey, Jetta and Houli to come back into the side.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Is struggling to get into it. He is having a crack though, but just seems down in confidence.

it was a top goal he kicked......but he should thank Watson for that one.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hopefully the side doing well can give him some confidence.

I think we need him to play this week against a soft side in Port Adelaide.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I'd keep Monfries in. His role in the side doesn't require him to rack up 25 possessions every game. He's goal kicker and he does that at important moments. He can have only 10 touches and still be a very influential player on the field, such is his role (IMO).
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

You guys know that goal he kicked was a complete shank. Watch it in slow-mo ... it spins terribly. :lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Ossie wrote:You guys know that goal he kicked was a complete shank. Watch it in slow-mo ... it spins terribly. :lol:
Yeah saw that this morning myself Ossie... I thought it was one of his bananas that he likes kicking from that angle but it was just a shinned floater that went through....

Still had to get into the position to kick it so Kudos
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Ossie wrote:You guys know that goal he kicked was a complete shank. Watch it in slow-mo ... it spins terribly. :lol:
Yeah saw that this morning myself Ossie... I thought it was one of his bananas that he likes kicking from that angle but it was just a shinned floater that went through....

Still had to get into the position to kick it so Kudos
Hey, they all count. :D
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

With the great state of our injury list it will be interesting to see how long sheeds perseveres with him.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Might not hurt to give him a run at Bendigo but that will depend on a suitable replacement:

Houli
Jetta
Lovett (how far away is he??)
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

Western Red wrote:Might not hurt to give him a run at Bendigo but that will depend on a suitable replacement:

Houli
Jetta
Lovett (how far away is he??)
4 weeks ive been told
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Gus did have a very quiet first half, but his second half I thought was very good and played a big part in our comeback.

Don't think there is any need to drop him especially as we are a week away from the break.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Did nothing again tonight. Needs to be dropped so that he can get the confidence up, and actually get a touch.