Didn't like it did you Eagles....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Good stuff filth!!

Yeah, how good do we look when we create contests - and how smashed do we get when we stand off opponents....hmmm, I think there's a lesson there for all of us
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Had some Weagle dick tell me at quarter time that it'll be at least 3 years before we're competitive with them. Years - Quarters - it's all the same to the line-dancers

Hey Fat Tony - where's the toupe?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

You can not defend against West Coast, you have to attack them and take them on. If you try and defend, they will smash you to pieces.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

So many highlights, but the tackling and defensive work in the last few minutes, second to none.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

Rossoneri wrote:You can not defend against West Coast, you have to attack them and take them on. If you try and defend, they will smash you to pieces.
Couldn't agree more, i couldn't belive when we were playing kick to kick in the eagles forward 50 with 2 mins to 3 qtr time. Ended up alright tho, and we played nothing but great footy in the last qtr.
red n black til i die
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

stonersmate wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:You can not defend against West Coast, you have to attack them and take them on. If you try and defend, they will smash you to pieces.
Couldn't agree more, i couldn't belive when we were playing kick to kick in the eagles forward 50 with 2 mins to 3 qtr time. Ended up alright tho, and we played nothing but great footy in the last qtr.
That was solely so we didnt concede a goal in the final couple of minutes like we did in the second quarter. We still had the momentum, couldnt afford to lose it (though we almost did)
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

stonersmate wrote:
I think the original plan was to leave our attack until there would be only enough time for us to attack and them not to counter. Didn't quite work that way though.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Nothing sweeter than beating the Wegles...

Teach us a lesson they said...
Take a good look in the mirror Weagles
WE BEAT YOU HANDS DOWN Ha HaHa!!!
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Just wish some of you blokes could enjoy the bleating from there precious supporters!!!!

The players don't like it and neither do the fans!!!

The bring back Ben Cousins campaign has gone up a notch!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Western Red wrote:Just wish some of you blokes could enjoy the bleating from there precious supporters!!!!

A couple of their supporters that I've spoken too reckon that all the attention on Cousins during the week distracted the eagles :roll:

Somehow, I couldn't bring myself to agree with them...I suggested to them that they think about the fact that their team is made up of professional football players who wouldn't be distracted by such talk, and reminded them of how they used round 1's win over Sydney to show the rest of the competition that the Cousins affair would not effect them.

It appears that they had forgotten that :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swoodley wrote:
Western Red wrote:Just wish some of you blokes could enjoy the bleating from there precious supporters!!!!

A couple of their supporters that I've spoken too reckon that all the attention on Cousins during the week distracted the eagles :roll:
Didnt seem to distract them in the first half.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Rossoneri wrote:
swoodley wrote:

Didnt seem to distract them in the first half.
Maybe they hadn't adjusted their watches to Melbourne time :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

HAHA, good call.

Thank God Quentin Lynch plays for them and not someone with any skills as a forward.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

What made me really proud (after watching the replay on Bomber.TV) was in the final quarter, we weren't prepared to give up anything. We could've been content with rushing it accross the line to set up a draw. But true credit to the boys, they gave nothing away. Made the Eagles work for it every inch. In previous seasons we would've coughed it up with the opposition scoring a goal leaving us with a close defeat. I'm so proud that the boys stood strong in defence and tackled and worked hard until the final siren blew. It aint over to the fat sheila (or the siren in this case) sings. Probably helped that not 1 of our players was in our attacking half of the ground, but meh, it was what got us accross the line. :)
Western Red wrote:The bring back Ben Cousins campaign has gone up a notch!!
He's just an embarrassment. I'm sure he'd embarrass them on field just as he does off. :)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Western Red wrote:
He will be the injection the West Coast Criminals need.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hopefully alot more teams will play that sort of footy against West Coast. Alot of teams won't beat them like that but they will wear them out eventually.