Campo very important to our side

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

Campo very important to our side

Post by gringo »

Campo effectively replaced Stanton when he came off injured against the Eagles and did a sensational job as a wide reciever. His skills and ability to find space was excellent. Campo has a vital role to play in the team and as we push for the finals, I expect his game time to increase. Occasionally this year we've looked a little top heavy in the middle, and we've lacked some finiashing skills. Campo brings this to the team in spades.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Campo very important to our side

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

gringo wrote:Campo effectively replaced Stanton when he came off injured against the Eagles and did a sensational job as a wide reciever. His skills and ability to find space was excellent. Campo has a vital role to play in the team and as we push for the finals, I expect his game time to increase. Occasionally this year we've looked a little top heavy in the middle, and we've lacked some finiashing skills. Campo brings this to the team in spades.
I agree that Campo has been very useful the past few weeks and has certainly taken over the Jason Johnson role in the midfield.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Rrrrrrrrrrrrright. Campo is number 17 right?
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

No. He's a spare parts player at best, much in the same mould as Heffernan. He should and only will be called upon sparingly throughout the season.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Re: Campo very important to our side

Post by andrewb »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:I agree that Campo has been very useful the past few weeks and has certainly taken over the Jason Johnson role in the midfield.
I'm not touching that one.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

I was very tempted andrewb to hand out a gringo style lashing but I must have mellowed in my old age...
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

gringo wrote:I was very tempted andrewb to hand out a gringo style lashing but I must have mellowed in my old age...
Why don't you hand out a Gringo-style lashing to me. Because i'm telling you right here, right now, that Campo is f****** useless and barring a stream of injuries to our team he shouldn't be playing.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Whilst potentially equally as stupid, you didn't compare Campo with JJ. The Hun had him listed in our best players and I consider their football writers to be the most accurate and insightful.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

gringo wrote:Whilst potentially equally as stupid, you didn't compare Campo with JJ. The Hun had him listed in our best players and I consider their football writers to be the most accurate and insightful.
Now you're just being facetious. I must admit you had me for a second or two.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Say whatever you like about him, but Campo's two goals on friday were vital in the context of the game both at the time that he got them and obviously in the overall result.

Is he in our best 22...no, but he did alright the other night.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

This thread is confusing me with sarcasm so I'm just gunna say with complete honesty that I have liked alot of the things he's done when given game time this year.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Funny I thought at times on Friday night he was a liability. I thumped the table next to me a couple of times when he started racking up the clangers in the 4th.

Spare parts player definitely. Good kick but not as reliable as he once was.
Bombers till' I die
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

had a few essendon supporters near me giving it too him at the West Coast game... mind you at the time he was our leading goal kicker, and had played about 20 minutes max.

His alright, im happy to have him play. Anyone see the footage of him on the bench miked up? Was on Footy Classified, not sure if it was aired during the actuall coverage.
jayden1990
High Draft Pick

Post by jayden1990 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:No. He's a spare parts player at best, much in the same mould as Heffernan. He should and only will be called upon sparingly throughout the season.
There is a big diference !! campo has polled high in brownlows and had a very succesful carere !! Heff has been average his whole carere at best !!... campo's best an heffs best is a massive difference !!

Also JJ's disposals i feel is getin worse and worse, he doesnt have that same spark he used too bitterly disapointing
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

In our top 10 Midfielders easily.

I think you guys are being harsh
karmabomber
Top Up Player

Post by karmabomber »

Campo has got to be in our top 44 players (including rookies) in our club, doesn't he????????????????
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Other than a stuff up at CHB in teh last quarter, Campo looked a heap better than Stanton against the Eagles. More poise and precision.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I thought he was quite good on Friday night. Kicked a couple of important goals.

The first one came from him being in close and the 2nd was when he put his body on the line to get the ball.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote:Other than a stuff up at CHB in teh last quarter, Campo looked a heap better than Stanton against the Eagles. More poise and precision.
Surely your list has wittled down to 10 now.....
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

gringo wrote:Other than a stuff up at CHB in teh last quarter, Campo looked a heap better than Stanton against the Eagles. More poise and precision.
I don't think sheedy should have even been playing him at CHB. He just doesn't have the pace to go with the tredreas and roccas of this league.