:(

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

I was all excited for match of the round on foxtel tonight... pressed the 'i' (information button for the program) and it was no surprise it was the reply of our game. There was a nice little blurb about the game. Would be first time ive seen anything since seeing it live Friday. 8:00pm start... had the old foxtel reminder set, vcr was ready... .... on comes hawthorn v sydney.

Shattered!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Life can be so cruel sometimes :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: :(

Post by Rossoneri »

nathanskinner wrote:I was all excited for match of the round on foxtel tonight... pressed the 'i' (information button for the program) and it was no surprise it was the reply of our game. There was a nice little blurb about the game. Would be first time ive seen anything since seeing it live Friday. 8:00pm start... had the old foxtel reminder set, vcr was ready... .... on comes hawthorn v sydney.

Shattered!
You have got to be kidding? I already have the tape but if Foxtel think that Hawthorn vs Sydney was match of the round then the people who make that decision should be fired immediately.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I noticed the same thing even talked the missus into letting me watch it for a 5th time and bang on comes the WORST game of the round.

Think that had them confused!!!!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

They only show the Foxtel games I've not seen one game that has been shown as match of the round even last week Richmond vs Brisbane now cmon wow it was a draw but honestly skills were crap and shithouse game compared to Sydney vs Essendon. :roll: sorry to hear about that too.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Well, I have a similar problem,

The website I use to watch game replayes cut off the final 10 minutes :(

They must have been using the Sydney Foxtel feed because there was a boxing match that ran over, which threw everything out.
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

easily the worst game of the round. i was there. my gf's first hawks game of the year and she was so disappointed by their play (her first hawks game since 91 too).
and all after the ess v rich game too. she loved that one.
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

dom105 - what website was that?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I was the same. After seeing it was the Swans game and swearing at the TV I just popped the DVD on and watched the 2nd half.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Foxtel's 'Match of the Round' is not an objective analysis of which match was actually the best of the round, it is just a title they give one of their games each week.

I was watching the Hawthorn v Sydney game live on Fox on Saturday and Dwayne Russell opened the telecast by saying ' Welcome to the AFL Match of the Round'.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

For anyone who watches the Fox Sports News, Foxtel are so bias towards anything Sydney.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

My heart bleeds for you all - not many replays on AL Jazeera
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

robrulz5 wrote:For anyone who watches the Fox Sports News, Foxtel are so bias towards anything Sydney.
Foxtel is based in North Ryde, Sydney.

Kind of related, I saw the Fish walking down George Street Sydney after he had been on that lame show 'The Back Page'(seriously they talk so much crap).

Didn't have time to say hello, but he must have notice my jaw drop.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

tom9779 wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:For anyone who watches the Fox Sports News, Foxtel are so bias towards anything Sydney.
Foxtel is based in North Ryde, Sydney.

Kind of related, I saw the Fish walking down George Street Sydney after he had been on that lame show 'The Back Page'(seriously they talk so much crap).
Didn't have time to say hello, but he must have notice my jaw drop.
One of the best sports shows going... It is only crap when they have that stupid troll Tracey Holmes on. She is seriously an embarrassment to all women in sports reporting has not got a f****** clue!!!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

BomberinJapan wrote:dom105 - what website was that?
http://www.linuxsystems.com.au/footy

That said, given the goings on today at puntroadend, wouldn't expect it to be around for long.

As long as it stays underground so to speak it should be all cool. Then again, they are probably looking at this right now.

Might be worth turning "latest news and information" into a members only section, or is that too paranoid?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Filthy wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:My heart bleeds for you all - not many replays on AL Jazeera
The beheading replays get good ratings though!!
True, they even have their own version of Denis and Bruce

Ahmad: Ach, that knife incision was centimetre prefect
Abdullah: Look at that head bounce like a cork in the ocean
Ahmad: Gee Abduallah, that's speeeeeciaalllll
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

dom_105 wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:dom105 - what website was that?
http://www.linuxsystems.com.au/footy

That said, given the goings on today at puntroadend, wouldn't expect it to be around for long.

As long as it stays underground so to speak it should be all cool. Then again, they are probably looking at this right now.

Might be worth turning "latest news and information" into a members only section, or is that too paranoid?
Spoke too soon.

Some clown on Bigfooty has posted the link and the AFL shut it all down. Just a lesson to be learnt I guess.