Rama

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Rama

Post by ZRS »

sheeds in his press conf said that he hoped rama would be playing in the seniors in the next few weeks,

so that is good to hear
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah i heard with in a month so that means 5-6 weeks
jayden1990
High Draft Pick

Post by jayden1990 »

if he performs well in the next 2-3 games for bendigo i think u culd see him around round 15 ...16
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Only if we cop a long term injury by round 14, no list changes allowed after that.

Jay Neagle is currently on the list but he's due back in the next 2-3 weeks himself.

Says to me that Natrats groin problem very well may be OP and that they are going to take the cautious approach with him and have him sit out the rest of the season, or maybe even put him under the knife.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I hope rama comes back, but only if he can last the required time on the field, no point rushing him back.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

I think he can be a cure for the midfield.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

I doubt highly he would be going anywhere near the midfield this year.

He was hardly lightning at the best of times - I think it's far too much to ask to chuck him straight into the guts in today's fast paced footy.

I dare suggest IF (and thats a big if) he returns at all this year - it will be at either end of the ground.

I for one wouldn't care if he didn't play this year - just seeing how he is, running around on a football field at any level, and just basically content with himself is enough for me.

If anything I'd love to see him back the week Ben Cousins returns - and let's just see how little attention he gets.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

KaaN10 wrote:I think he can be a cure for the midfield.
No.

I love Rama, and I hope he plays. But people are looking at him through rose-coloured glasses - and forgetting how ordinary he was when he was last playing for us. He was really struggling before the second bout of cancer.

Maybe he has turned it around - and maybe he really is the Rama of 2000-2001, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Let's hope he gets back and gets a game but don't for a second think he is going to be the panacea to cure our midfield problems.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

ealesy wrote:Only if we cop a long term injury by round 14, no list changes allowed after that.
Incorrect.... you can promote a Rookie up until about round 19 or 20..
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

dodgey wrote:
ealesy wrote:Only if we cop a long term injury by round 14, no list changes allowed after that.
Incorrect.... you can promote a Rookie up until about round 19 or 20..
But isn't it the case that a player can only be put on the long term injury list uptil the end of round 14? I'm not sure about this which is why I am asking.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Staggy wrote:
No.

I love Rama, and I hope he plays. But people are looking at him through rose-coloured glasses - and forgetting how ordinary he was when he was last playing for us. He was really struggling before the second bout of cancer.

Maybe he has turned it around - and maybe he really is the Rama of 2000-2001, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Let's hope he gets back and gets a game but don't for a second think he is going to be the panacea to cure our midfield problems.
from memory, he was one of our best versus Geelong during the 2004 finals - he has been basically injured/ill since.

I would say his best place is playing off the half back flank where his long kicking and accuracy can be very telling
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Staggy wrote:
No.

from memory, he was one of our best versus Geelong during the 2004 finals - he has been basically injured/ill since.

I would say his best place is playing off the half back flank where his long kicking and accuracy can be very telling
Exactly, while his pace would have dropped off, his skills are sublime. Its what we need coming out of defence and he will be a big help. But i would like to see him play 3 full games in the 2's before being considered.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

The sheer emotional impact of having him back in the team could be a massive boost.

Is my memory playing tricks with me, I remember him as being quite quick.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It would be good to see him back but I don't want to see any long term injuries.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Sismis wrote:The sheer emotional impact of having him back in the team could be a massive boost.

he would be quite agile more then he is quick i would think
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Sismis wrote:The sheer emotional impact of having him back in the team could be a massive boost.

he would be quite agile more then he is quick i would think
Yeah. Those one handed marks above his head, I remember seeing a couple of those when he was going around.