Harvs King Hit

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

Harvs King Hit

Post by Madden »

http://www.theage.com.au/news/afl/coach ... 42213.html

This is the problem with footballers going out - sometimes they act up and are the ones causing the trouble (Cousins, Kerr, Fev etc) but other times, people just have a crack at them for no reason.

Hope he's doing okay.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ah, F****** Tarrant again. Wonder if Solomon was in the mix as well.

If I was at the club, I would stay very F****** clear of Tarrant.

Edit: At a second glance, perhaps I've jumped the gun. It appears the two incidents were seperate.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Sounds like the bloke was f****** lucky he managed to knock harvs out. You wouldn't want him to hit back!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:Ah, F****** Tarrant again. Wonder if Solomon was in the mix as well.
If I was at the club, I would stay very F****** clear of Tarrant.

Edit: At a second glance, perhaps I've jumped the gun. It appears the two incidents were seperate.
According to the West Australian this morning, Solly pulled Tarrant away from the incident. They're concentrating more on the Harvey incident than Tarrant.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

age reported it as a freo staffer knocked out.
staffer? no respect. :?
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Apparently McArtney sensed trouble brewing and told Tarrant to leave.

Never understood why people king hit someone, its just gutless and honestly, you cant even show off that you hit someone from behind and ran off because even your mates would (should) just laugh at you.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

A cowardly act. Hopefully some people know he is.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: Harvs King Hit

Post by Gyoza »

Filthy wrote: You know`what Stag....if I was a AFL footballer I'd get myself a supermodel girlfriend and stay home and watch vids, having dinner parties etc and only go out with 4 body guards. :(
This makes you much smarter than Chris Tarrant (no great compliment I know :P ).

I`ve never been to Darwin, but seriously everyone has some idea of what it would be like up there...why the f*** would they go to a nightclub? You`re being paid a squillion dollars a year and you`re not 19 anymore...go out for dinner and have a few quiet beers with your mates.

Anyway, I`m glad Harvs is ok.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:Apparently McArtney sensed trouble brewing and told Tarrant to leave.

Never understood why people king hit someone, its just gutless and honestly, you cant even show off that you hit someone from behind and ran off because even your mates would (should) just laugh at you.
Gutless and a total F****** coward....but not stupid.

Had this idiot gone toe to toe with Harves he would be in a wheelchair today.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Apparently McArtney sensed trouble brewing and told Tarrant to leave.

Would back Harvs against most people in the country.

But like I said, all of us have been involved in brawls, but when you king hit someone, your credibility drops so far its ridiculous.

Cameron Clayton (the poster) lives in Darwin and while Darwin is a big place, im sure he probably would have made an attempt to catch up with Harvs. Wonder if he was at the nightclub or knows anything else on this topic?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Tarrant is and always will be a f***wit.

Stupid x2 on the weekend.

And apparently lied to the club, who were told at first that the stories were just rumors and not true. Does this mean Solly lied too? Cause surely they qould question both of them.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Rossoneri wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Would back Harvs against most people in the country.

But like I said, all of us have been involved in brawls, but when you king hit someone, your credibility drops so far its ridiculous.

Cameron Clayton (the poster) lives in Darwin and while Darwin is a big place, im sure he probably would have made an attempt to catch up with Harvs. Wonder if he was at the nightclub or knows anything else on this topic?
I actually was out & about on Saturday night & I did walk past the Lost Arc at around midnight & it was absolutely heaving, packed full of people. The nightclub, Discovery is out the back of the same building & is full of wankers. I prefer a quieter pub myself - I can't be bothered queing up for ages for over-priced drinks & having to shout in other people's ears to get heard.

Just on Harv's though, being out with the boys till 3.30 is not a good look for a potential head coach; he needs to distance himself from the boys & not be their best mates if he wants to take over from Connolly next year. This incident will be a black mark on his CV, even though he was the peace-maker.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Harvey and a number of other senior Freo officials were out with the players. It was all done with the club's knowledge and approval. The idea was that the officials would be able to keep the players out of trouble. Harvey stepped in when one of the player's wives was responding to verbal abuse from a group of locals. He was supposedly trying to get her to move on when he was hit. Very similar to the Hookes incident.

And just to make it clear, if it's not, the two incidents are being viewed here in WA as separate and not related.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

I know someone who works as an assistant coach at freo and he was actually standing next to Harvey when the indicent happened. From his view, he said that there were some words being said between a man and a woman, and Harvey just looked around, and just got hit because he was 'looking' at what was happening. I heard he wasn't involved in any way at all!