A good time for a break

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

A good time for a break

Post by Windy_Hill »

Probably the perfect timing to have the bye.

Unexpectedly great first half of the year with the Boys pulling off some memorable results.

Fletcher and Hird have been sensational and seem to be like fine bottles of red wine - getting better with age

Lucas and Lloyd have been consistent

McPhee, McVeigh, Hille have all had good moments.

However, it is the continuing emergence of the younger brigade that excites the most - Ryder,Nash, Winderlich, Watson, Stanton, Davey, Houli, Jetta, Davey, Slattery have all had excellent moments.

Concerns however persist with Laycock, Dyson and Monfries seems to have gone off his game.

Not all will make it but I am sure Monfries will be fine.

Not so sure about Laycock and Dyson. However, I think extended periods in the 2's will help both find form and consistence. I am hopeful that such a program will greatly benefit Bradley and Johns who appear to have stalled a little in the senior team.

Heading to the finals I feel we are probabably good for another 4 wins and with some luck maybe 5-6 wins so a finals appearance in Hird's last season is still a real possibility.

Looks like Sheedy may have saved his neck for another season as well although I am not convinced having Sheeds around as coach for another 2-3 years is such a smart thing.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Good call Windy. If you said we'd be where we are midseason this time last year I'd suggest you get off the goon juice...

After last nights game you couldn't help but feel we could do with a weeks rest. Missed Stants' run, looked tired, almost disinterested at times. The weeks break will be a good chance to take stock of where we're at.

My only beef with this year is in the fact that we don't seem to play the larger grounds very well. Most of our wins have been on the smaller grounds. At the moment we're all at sea at the G, whilst when we play at the Dome, we look really dangerous.

Hopefully on the cusp players like Dempsey, Leroy, Hislop, Bachar, Dyson, Johns and dare I say it, Kep; can contribute and put up their hands for senior selection in the second half of the season. Bendigo have won their past three in a row so maybe the signs are good.

Reckon we're really missing Lovey's dangerous presence and Natrat up back at the moment. A full list going into the second half of the season should have us doing okay... Well, better than I thought we would do anyway.

Go Dons!
:wink:
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

great summary there windy. although it would have been nice to go into the break with a win and tails wagging with a bit of confidense. But none the less it puts us back in our box and lets you know its not all just going to happen like the previous weeks.

great start to the year. i have penciled in a minimum of 6 wins in second half.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

we should have our best team on the park after the break.. minus Lovett-Murray. And Hille... which is hard for me to type.