Rama back on Friday night.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

With what he has been through playing AFL again this year would just be a bonus.

It will be great to see him back whenever he makes his return.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

i think would be an excellent thing to see him run out on friday night.

one question, if he was put on for neagle, and neagle makes a bit of a recovery in a few weeks, can he play for bendigo? or if he is listed as long term injury can he not play for bendigo either?
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

If you are on the LTI list you can't play at all untill you come off it so Neagle couldn't play for Bendigo.

For purely selfish purposes I hope they delay his comeback for a week, just so I can be there. It would be great fro Rama to play his 1st game back in Hirds 250th.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

What a special night it would be to have him return against melbourne for the clash for cancer. I have huge amounts of respect for Adam and I hope he does play on friday night and for his sake tears melbourne a new one. I hope he's around the club for many years after he has retired as he is the perfect role model for any footballer, never say die attitude and never gave in when times got tough. Best of luck Rama.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I reckon they'll make sure he plays this week.

I could never understand why teams require motivation outside of just winning, but here you would have 21 other blokes busting their proverbial guts to win it for this guy.

More motivation for the guys to win it for Hirdy's 250th the following week as well,
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

I'm sure Adam will be wanting a rather low key return, however it doesn't look like he'll be getting it.

Will be the football story of the year when he walks out on the field.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

The moment he steps onto the field, will be the moment he knows he has won the battle. I know all the wanted was to be able to fight through the cancer, but to get back to play an extremely physical, mental and emotional demanding sport at the highest possible level, adam will know he has won. And every single player who plays will him when this happens will just want to do absolutely anything to win and show to Adam what he means to them.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

I know this is very much from left field...but does any one think Rama just might do a Jason McCartney.... play one more senior game and then call it quits, just to show that he could do it.

I (along with everyone else I'm sure) personally hope it doesn't happen like that and that it's just another silly notion that's popped into my head.

Not saying that it will happen that way but I wouldn't think it would be entirely beyond the realms of possibility

C'mon BT'ers tell me I'm crazy.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I hope it is not like the Jason McCartney thing - and Rama retires at the end of the game (I say this with utmost respect).
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

pevfan wrote:I know this is very much from left field...but does any one think Rama just might do a Jason McCartney.... play one more senior game and then call it quits, just to show that he could do it.

I (along with everyone else I'm sure) personally hope it doesn't happen like that and that it's just another silly notion that's popped into my head.

Not saying that it will happen that way but I wouldn't think it would be entirely beyond the realms of possibility

C'mon BT'ers tell me I'm crazy.
There's a possibility, but I reckon he's in it for the long haul.

I always thought they would have brought McCartney back the week before they actually did when we played them. That way, he literally could have gone out defeating the "Bombers".
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

tonysoprano wrote:I hope it is not like the Jason McCartney thing - and Rama retires at the end of the game (I say this with utmost respect).
i really can't see that happening mate, don't worry
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

I hope he plays.
topdon
Club Captain

Post by topdon »

I hope he pulls on that No.9 jumper this Friday night!!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Is anyone on the lti list?
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

GOD suggested in thei morning's Age that it was unlikely, but I still believe that he is a chance.

Sheedy is the game's great sentimentalist and Rama returning for this game in particular would be hard for him to resist.

It would be one of Footy's great stories when he finally pulls on the number 9 in the ones. Let's hope it is this weekend.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

When Rama takes the field for the first time in a long time - man that is going to be special. I can just picture it.
Bombers till' I die
jayden1990
High Draft Pick

Post by jayden1990 »

from wat gary odonell said on bomber radio doesnt sound like he will be playin !! ... not for a few more anyways !!... not gunna happen unless we get A LTI
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

For f*** sake we need something to counter Melbournes bullshit. This is it.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

It's not happenin'
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Shh BD im using Boncer logic here.