The Team (for our final 'final' in June) vs Melbourne

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

The Team (for our final 'final' in June) vs Melbourne

Post by Madden »

In:
Stanton
Lovett
Camporeale

Out:
Hille (susp)
Heffernan
Monfries

Full team to come shortly.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Backs: Nash Michael McVeigh
Half-back: Welsh Fletcher McPhee
Centre: Bolton Watson Camporeale
Half-forward: Hird Lucas Slattery
Forwards: J.Johnson Lloyd Davey
Rucks: Ryder Peverill Winderlich
Bench: M.Johnson Laycock Stanton Lovett
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Emergencies: Bradley Dyson Monfries
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Was probably a good idea to get Monfries back in the twos. Hope he goes well there.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

I like the inclusion of Lovett. Even if slightly underdone he can be good in burst through the midfield and in the forward line. Lovett and Davey inside 50 is very dangerous for the Melb defenders!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

If Stanton doesn't come up, then it's likely that Monfries will get another reprieve as Dyson apparently didn't set the world on fire last week for Bendigo.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Bolton's last week. Do or die.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

Western Red wrote:I like the inclusion of Lovett. Even if slightly underdone he can be good in burst through the midfield and in the forward line. Lovett and Davey inside 50 is very dangerous for the Melb defenders!
im not so sure about this, particularly as it has been a while since he has played, when was his last game? I don't think he is of the caliber to be a walk up starter from a prolonged absence.

not sure who they would put in for him though, most likely gus, although he could do with a run in the two IMO.

out of the emergancy players I think Keps most deserves a game :shock:
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

ZRS wrote:im not so sure about this, particularly as it has been a while since he has played, when was his last game? I don't think he is of the caliber to be a walk up starter from a prolonged absence.
Can you say smokescreen??

My bet is Bradley in, as a ruck back up and possibly Dyson for Campo.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Lovett won't play. I'm tipping Bradley will.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Dyson will come in. Unlikely that Stanton will play also.

I know alot are feeling confident, but I aint. Our midfield is pathetic (at best) and even though Travis Johnstone is up ad down, he is usually up against us. Not worried about Nietz as he is not even a decent leader of men let alone a good full forward.

White is a class above our ruckman and so is their midfield. The pressure is really going to be on Fletcher and co. to withstanding the bombardment of entries into our defensive 50.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Anyone care to guess what Bolts' specified role is for the weekend? Has to be something achievable, narrow in scope and ideally defensive - to labour a point which i was on last week, he's no good when he's left to his own devices to simply play position. So, i hope the coaching staff have something lined up for him - perhaps a tag on White around the ground because Laycock can't keep up, or a tag on Bruce.

2 obvious candidates for late omissions in Stanton and Lovett. Sheedy loves 'half dropping' players by dropping them to the emergencies and then bringing them in on game day, which means Monfries will play.
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Anyone care to guess what Bolts' specified role is for the weekend? Has to be something achievable, narrow in scope and ideally defensive - to labour a point which i was on last week, he's no good when he's left to his own devices to simply play position. So, i hope the coaching staff have something lined up for him - perhaps a tag on White around the ground because Laycock can't keep up, or a tag on Bruce.

2 obvious candidates for late omissions in Stanton and Lovett. Sheedy loves 'half dropping' players by dropping them to the emergencies and then bringing them in on game day, which means Monfries will play.
Tag Bruce but Bruce usually goes to Hird so Bolton could goto either Green or Johnstone
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Bolton on Johnstone would be a good match up. He'd give away a shitload of free kicks on Green and Green would faint at the thought of contact.

We need Lovett to play on a wing to help out the midfield.

Lloyd and Lucas will have to take every chance they get, they should beat their opponents if they get opportunities one on one.

I think bringing in Campo will be a good thing, he is a good midfielder and will require some attention from Melbourne.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Still like to see Houli, Jetta (when fit again) and Hislop come back playing over Campo.

But nothing agaist Campo his a great player.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I think Campo is the right type of player for this kind of match. He has the skills and the experience.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Centre: Bolton Watson Camporeale :(
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

can someone tell me where Bolton has set a foot wrong since his return for the Sydney match?

Every week he has performed his defensive role and even provided decent attacking play.

White last week came up against the ruckless Richmond and really didn't have an impact. He is not the power player he used to be. We need Laycock to smash into him at every opportunity and Ryder to exploit him around the ground.

Lovett will be valuable with his defensive pressure coupled with the Mighty Mouse.

I love the forward line, I love the defence.

This will be a walkover!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Sismis wrote:can someone tell me where Bolton has set a foot wrong since his return for the Sydney match?

Every week he has performed his defensive role and even provided decent attacking play.

White last week came up against the ruckless Richmond and really didn't have an impact. He is not the power player he used to be. We need Laycock to smash into him at every opportunity and Ryder to exploit him around the ground.

Lovett will be valuable with his defensive pressure coupled with the Mighty Mouse.

I love the forward line, I love the defence.

This will be a walkover!
Look, Im a Bolton fan, but he needs a specific tagging role. He just doesnt provide enough nous to be allowed to roam free and be damaging.

Doubt Lovett will play, but we do need his pace through the middle. Our midfield is pathetic and if we can at least insert some speed in it, then it will improve to 'very ordinary'

This is Laycocks moment. He has been improving in the past couple of weeks and his game against Port was probably his best for the year. he will now be the #1 ruckman for the match against a quality ruckman (even if he did get smashed against Richmond). Laycock is too predictable, he jumps for the same side and taps to the same spot. Needs to work on that.

If our midfield can at least break even, we will win by 10+ goals. Our defence shits all over their forwards and our forwards SHOULD destroy their defence, but the midfield has to do their bit.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Spot on. If we can break even in the middle, we'll romp it in. The problem is, I don't think we have a midfielder that would get a game in the Melbourne midfield. Lovett at his best would, and potentially Stanton, but other than that, we've got nothing.