McKissock Gone!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
king_rasto
High Draft Pick

McKissock Gone!

Post by king_rasto »

Saw it Coming,
Whos gone next?
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Essendon chairman Neil McKissock tonight stepped down as Chairman of the Essendon Football Club after spending the past three years in the role. McKissock made the announcement at the club's Crichton Medal presentation at Crown Palladium.
McKissock said the time was right for some changes to be made to ensure the board was reinvigorated heading into 2007 and beyond. He will remain on the board and has one year of his current term to serve.

"Succession planning in any business is critical to long-term success and as a board we began seriously considering this issue in February this year," McKissock said last night. "It was never my intention to remain in the role of chairman long-term and as such this decision has always been a matter of when - and not if - I would hand over the reins.

"I think it is important those charged with representing the members in the boardroom recognise change is needed from time to time to ensure the board remains effective. This extends to the composition of the board as well as identified roles within it."

McKissock said it made sense for him to make the announcement now rather than waiting until the club's AGM in December.

"To ensure this transition is handled effectively and in the best interests of the club, I saw now as the right time to stand down from my position. Now is a critical phase in the club's planning for 2007 and beyond and I thought it only right that this process be overseen by the new Chairman," McKissock said.

"I have enjoyed my time as chairman of Australia's greatest sporting club and look forward to continuing to serve the Club in my capacity as a board member.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the members of the Essendon Football Club for their support during my time as chairman. This Club has outstanding support - it has always been its strength and I know that will remain the case."

McKissock said recent changes to the club's constitution were another example of this board - and ultimately the club members' - willingness to embrace change.

"Under the changes, the number of elected members to the board has now reduced from 10 to nine, the term of elected directors has increased from two years to three years and the chief executive can now be appointed to the board," he said.

"These are all important changes that will assist in the effective governance of this football club. I applaud the Club members for recognising these changes as important and sensible
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

GOOD!

i knew that prick wasnt going to stay when he didnt fight for our tradition, get lost u thing
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

hopefully we get a President who actually has a profile now!!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

McMahon was always going to be a hard act to follow but I agree with ealesy in the hope that we get someone who either already has a high profile or someone who is able to develop it within the role (whilst ensuring that the EFC is his/her major concern)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Big shock. I think he's done pretty well, and its definately a shock to see him go after such a short term.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Any idea who might do it then?
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

It's tipped Smorgon Steel managing director Ray Horsburgh, Essendon vice-chairman, will take over from McKissock.

Horsburgh, also a strong supporter of the coach, is likely to be voted in at the club's annual meeting in December.

from http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 64,00.html
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

[quote="Staggy"]It's tipped Smorgon Steel managing director Ray Horsburgh, Essendon vice-chairman, will take over from McKissock.

Horsburgh, also a strong supporter of the coach, is likely to be voted in at the club's annual meeting in December.

Does this mean Sheedy is safe for another ten years?
mrredfox
High Draft Pick

Post by mrredfox »

All these people baggink McKissok, what has he done wrong? Do we have an alternate strip that is distinctly different to what we have?

Has the club gone down the drain hole financially?

As far as i can see he hasnt done a bad job at continuing the success of the EFC off field

On a different note the Smorgons could soon be running the AFL. Wouldnt this be 3 presidents that are involved in the Smorgon family?
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

McKissock=WEAK AS PEE! Don't let the door slam your ass on the way OUT!
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

mrredfox wrote:All these people baggink McKissok, what has he done wrong? Do we have an alternate strip that is distinctly different to what we have?
Do we have one at all?

That's what he's done wrong. We are arguably the most powerful club in the competition, and there used to be a time when we used that power to fight the AFL's stupidity. Now we fall in like good little soldiers even when it means abandoning years of tradition.

Pffffft.
Who do you trust to keep interest rates low?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Who?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Pazza
Essendon Legend

Post by Pazza »

He is still on the board (the board selects the chairman).

The only way he can actually be removed from the board, is to be voted off the board, which has historically been an impossible task, unless that person doesn't stand for re-election.
BT's resident umpire