Tough Month

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Tough Month

Post by DYSON#2 »

Well i thought it was going to start next week (techniqually it does) but it started against the dee's....

Next week we take on the in form cats, followed by the Doggies, Pies and Crows. How many do we expect to win from next 4?

Hopefully the spirit flys and the desire for finals comes out.

Laycock finding form
Lovett getting the miles under the belt etc can only help.

We MUST win at least 2 from next 4 going into the last 5 rounds which is just as tough.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

We won't beat Geelong.

We can beat the Dogs and the Pies.

We won't beat Adelaide.

2 from 4.

After tonight, I THINK... we SHOULD make the finals.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

If we get 2 from the next 4 I wiill be happy
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Bah.... The way this season is going we can beat anyone and lose to anyone.

Bring on Geelong.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

2 from the next for gives us 10 wins. I think we will then win another 2 after the next four. 12 wins should get us in the 8.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

Marvel as we beat Adelaide, the filth and Geelong and lose to the dogs.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

dingus wrote:Marvel as we beat Adelaide, the filth and Geelong and lose to the dogs.
If that can be guaranteed right now, I'll take it. That gives us 11 wins, with 1 more needed from a tough last 5 that includes 2 trips to Subi and a game against Hawthorn, our apparent "bogey" team in Carlton and the cellar dwellers, Richmond, to secure a spot in the finals.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Boyler_Room wrote:
dingus wrote:Marvel as we beat Adelaide, the filth and Geelong and lose to the dogs.
If that can be guaranteed right now, I'll take it. That gives us 11 wins, with 1 more needed from a tough last 5 that includes 2 trips to Subi and a game against Hawthorn, our apparent "bogey" team in Carlton and the cellar dwellers, Richmond, to secure a spot in the finals.
No shit you'd take 3-1 over the next month :shock:. The way we played tonight, we wouldn't win any of those matches.

I'd take 2-2. Happily.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Yeah, I did think I was stating the obvious :P

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

Lloyd is King wrote:We won't beat Adelaide
Your kidding me LISK.

Adelaide are horrible in Melbourne.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

I reckon we will only win 1 from the 4 and that will be the Bulldogs match.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

We're capable of beating all of those teams. The biggest problem would most likely be the Cats, but they're unpredicable at times.

We've already beaten Adelaide (in Adelaide), capable of beating Footscray and Collingwood and will need to shut Geelong's midfield down to beat them, something we're also able to do (a la West Coast game).

We're capable of going 4-0. I highly doubt it and expect more that we'll go 2-2, but the ability is there. We just need to play 4 quarters instead of relying on 1 and a 1/2 quarters to get us over the line.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

84859300 wrote:
Lloyd is King wrote:We won't beat Adelaide
Your kidding me LISK.

Adelaide are horrible in Melbourne.
Sorry, yeh I am kidding. Forget we already played them in Adelaide.

Cats - loss
Pies - 50/50
Dogs - 50/50
Crows - win
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

No science to what I'm about to write but here goes:

Watched the last half of the Geelong/Sydney game today and I reckon Geelong are due for a loss. They had a few injuries today and looked pretty frazzled for most of the last quarter. They've now won eight on the trot which is damn good but I think we're a good chance this week.

It's Hirdy's 250th (and campo's as well :wink: ) which should provide some additional inspiration/incentive. Shit, I'm feeling so upbeat about this game that I might just pick us to win.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

im with you swoods, the geelong are due a loss, and with the tough game against syd, and a few injurys now is a likely time, add into that the fact that we win the games we should lose, and lose the games we should win, we are a certainty to win this game

look forward to seeing the odds, might be a JohnG game to get some money on :wink:
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Its a f*cking tough month. No question.

2-2 is a success. We have to win 5 more games to make 13 and guarantee us a spot. If we win 12 we could very well miss out on %.

Does anyone else see the writing on the wall? - we all know the game our season is going to come down to.

Carlton.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Staggy wrote:Does anyone else see the writing on the wall? - we all know the game our season is going to come down to.

Carlton.
Shit
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

after friday nights unconvincing win, I am actually now more sure that we will make the 8.

simply because its a sign of a good team to play bad, and still find a way to win.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

I see so many posts here and on BB where people are sure that we will make the eight.
Stop dreaming there is no sure thing in the AFL, we have nine more games to play and it is very possible that we only win two and equally possible that we win six or seven.
I hope -no, I am sure- that the complacency of the fans will not affect the players or the coach but our record when we are heavy favorite is not good.

On the good side it seems that our players have reestablished a winning culture.
Red and Black Forever
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Lloyd is King wrote:We won't beat Geelong.
I just don't know. We're winning the ones we shouldn't win, losing the ones we should win. As has been mentioned, Geelong may just be due for a loss. Probably loss, but as I said, I just don't know.
We can beat the Dogs and the Pies.
As usual, will expect it to be tight, tough and a close one against the Doggies.

I think we've got a better chance against the Filth. Keeping Rocca quiet is the key. If he kicks 4 or 5 it's curtains for us. Accuracy is crucial, which is an area we seem to be improving on. The filth's accuracy isn't great:
ANZAC Day they kicked 12.23 (W) - they really should've buried us.
Against Adelaide 11.20 (W)
Against the Bulldogs 14.18 (L)
Against Melbourne 11.15 (L)
Against Sydney they kicked 10.16 (L)
12.15 today (L)
I've had a look back over our win-loss record this year, and when we win, its because we're accurate. All bar 2 of our wins, we've kicked more goals than behinds. All bar 1 of our losses (v Hawthorn - difference, without question, was Franklin) our accuracy has been an issue.

I'll be happy with 1 from 2. Should win both though. Against the filth is a must win - square the ledger at 1-1. Bulldogs are only one win behind us, our percentage is a little better than theirs, so not an immediate threat - yet.
We won't beat Adelaide.
After West Coast rolled them today in Adelaide, I think this is a game that's one of the better chances we've got. In Adelaide, for sure, looking at a probable loss, but at home - where we do seem to be playing some pretty good footy - we'll do alright.
2 from 4.
Agreed. I'll go out on a limb and say we SHOULD come out of the next month 3W-1L. Only one we SHOULD lose to is Geelong.
After tonight, I THINK... we SHOULD make the finals.
Agreed. If we don't we'll be very, very unlucky.