Laycock

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Laycock

Post by rama_fan »

Best game for the club I reckon.

Nullified White in the ruck and kept him reasonably quiet around the ground, took 2 super grabs and kicked a very good long goal.

Fantastic game.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

That's now two 'official' good games in total. We all know the other one.

Great work Schlong.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

He played an outstanding match and stood up for us when we were floundering. When he went off in the 3rd quarter, that's when Melbourne started to get away from us (although Lloyd should have kicked that goal to peg one back on the 3QT siren).
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Laycock - you were f****** brilliant!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

If he ever gets 100% fit, watch out.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Ive said this before.

its amazing what can happen when you put your arms in the air, and play with intensity.

There was no doubt he could play...but i reckon he thought he was top shit when clearly he was a lazy mother******.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

nomolos wrote:Ive said this before.

its amazing what can happen when you put your arms in the air, and play with intensity.

There was no doubt he could play...but i reckon he thought he was top shit when clearly he was a lazy mother******.
Ditto
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Yep. Was the catalyst for the win in my opinion. Stepped up when he needed to. Hopefully can build on this. His work up forward was sensational and won his fair share of taps. Great to see.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Filthy wrote:Arrived.
Bullshit. He has just left the carpark. When he strings some performances together, then he has "arrived".
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Staggy wrote:That's now two 'official' good games in total. We all know the other one.

Great work Schlong.
Lets hope we don't have to wait another 18 months for his next one.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

"Lazycock" as my co-worker so affectionately calls him lol had a good game last night - maybe he accepted that he had to shoulder some responsibility with Hille out the side. Whether this is his breakthrough game or not remains to be seen. But my coworker will have to eat some humble pie on Monday, he's been a fierce critic of Laycock...looking forward to it lol.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

He was clearly hurting with a shoulder complaint for a lot of the night but he continued to go up strong in both the ruck and marking contests, and came out the better in majority of them.

He needs to show that endeavour every match... then we can say he's truly arrived.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Was suberb! Now just has too get himself 100% fit and should be a really good player in years to come.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I think the responsibility thing is the key to it. Clearly, he rose to the challenge of being the number 1 ruckman.

Curiously, I feel the opposite is true of Ryder. He seems to struggle in the ruck - perhaps intimidated by the responsibility? He looks much more comfortable in the backline.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

billyduckworth wrote:I think the responsibility thing is the key to it. Clearly, he rose to the challenge of being the number 1 ruckman.

Curiously, I feel the opposite is true of Ryder. He seems to struggle in the ruck - perhaps intimidated by the responsibility? He looks much more comfortable in the backline.
Na, Ryder has been very good in the moments he has rucked this year. Just wasn't so last night.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

nomolos wrote:
its amazing what can happen when you put your arms in the air
Spot on. When the hands go up, the ball comes down with them. Great hands, needs to string some games together now.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I've been itching for him to have a good game for while... we can only hope that this is enough to jog him into putting it into third gear - he is a big lad, might I say a big unit. He's got the makings of a fantastic player...

C'mon Chook... do it for Tassie!
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Brilliant. Stepped up when needed.

The amount of game time he got, I reckon Ryder should have played his usual back line role and spent a few minutes a quarter in the ruck. Wasted on the bench doin nothing and hardly got a run.

I'd use Laycock as the number one ruckman from now on for several reasons.
1. When he is on song, he is better than Hille, because he seems to get more effective hitouts. Neither are excellent tap ruckmen, but Laycock gets a few more to teammates.
2. The dukes! Laycock grabs almost anything that comes his way. So handy around the ground under pressure, but even more important when he pushes forward.
3. Can't be sure on this, but I reckon when fully fit Chook moves better around the ground than Hille. Hille seems to struggle to get any momentum up to get his huge fram moving.
4. And this is the main one: Laycock as yet isn't prone to stupid acts that get him suspended. The hit on Cornes was just stupid. And remember last year up at the Gabba? Charman had been killing Hille all night, so later in the game Hille instead of contesting the ruck belts the Brisbane back-up ruckman in the guts.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Laycok was great in the first and last quater. Dissapeared in the middle of the game as far as the ruck is concerned.
Dr P
Top Up Player

Post by Dr P »

Bomber_Fan wrote:"Lazycock" as my co-worker so affectionately calls him lol had a good game last night - maybe he accepted that he had to shoulder some responsibility with Hille out the side. Whether this is his breakthrough game or not remains to be seen. But my coworker will have to eat some humble pie on Monday, he's been a fierce critic of Laycock...looking forward to it lol.

Doesn't everybody call him lazycock?