Collingwood v Hawthorn

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Collingwood v Hawthorn

Post by Lloyd is King »

If you have Foxtel, do yourself a favour and tune into this one.

It's been talked up all week as an 8 point game and with Didak playing there's even more fire in the pot.

Fortunately both sides are on song and it's been a fantastic tight contest.

Half Time
Coll 6.9.45
Haw 7.4.46
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Awesome game. Unfortunately i'm going out in about 10 so i'll miss the last quarter, but it's been the best non-Essendon match all year.

Farkin depressing watching how many good, young players both teams possess. I've never heard of about 5 of the Collingwood players but they're going very well.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

Fabulous game.

Haw 14.9.95
Coll 12.15.87

Hawks too good. Pies lacked a big forward, but boy did they try. If they had Rocca they would have won.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Hawthorn won by 8.
Bomber Mad
Top Up Player

Post by Bomber Mad »

Great Game.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

wont be enough to get us above collingwood :(
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

Both teams look young and quick.
I like Hawks, Buddy, Roughy, Lewis etc
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

That was the best game I have seen this year (note: I didn't see WC-Syd Rd 1).

Cracking contest, and great work by the Hawks to come back after Collingwood came at them in the last quarter.

Mind you, Collingwood were very good with a few out. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see both teams go very deep into September.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

I don't care what Wallace says about Tambling, the Tigers f***** up royally taking both Deledio and Tambling before Franklin. In fact the Hawks are lucky that they were still able to take him after taking Lewis before him as well.

He will go on to be so much better than ever one else taken before him in that draft.

Can't believe the Tigers have re-signed Tambling until 2010??!! He is an utter hack, who played one good half of football in his career to date. We've already got better value from Alywn Davey!!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Buddy Franklin is a star!!! The Hawks are very lucky to have him in their side.

Great to see the Vic sides doing so well.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I was cheering for Hawthorn almost as much as if it was Essendon. I do for every team playing Collingwood :P
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Good. Tipped Hawthorn, and it's always nice to see the Pies get done.

I'll reiterate my earlier point but phrase it as a question: does anyone get shirty watching these teams play that standard of football with a bunch of young no names?

And i put forth that game as Exhibit A in my case against the need for sticking with players like Campo, Bolts, Heff et al. A good deal of those Collingwood and Hawks players running around today weren't dominant in the VFL before being put into the firsts - they were either thrown in the deep end because the coach had the balls to do it and realised it was necessary (in Clarkson's case), or because injuries demanded it (in Malthouse's case). Of couse, ol' Sergeant Staid Sheedy is far more interested in saving his own arse in the final year of his contract than progressing the club. Pisses me off.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Buddy Franklin is a star!!! The Hawks are very lucky to have him in their side.
I still disagree. Sure, he's had a couple of good games. I think he needs to improve his consistency before he'll seriously rate in my book.
Great to see the Vic sides doing so well.
Absolutely. 6 of the top 9. :) :)
Even though there's a still a long way to go until that one day in September, I think we're staring down the barrel of a Grand Final consisting of 2 out of Hawthorn, Geelong and West Coast. As long as it isn't the filth (too inconsistent) or the scum (no chance), I really couldn't care less. Will be good to see another Victorian team in the GF. And I really hope the 2007 ends the reign of interstate premiers. The Big V's time in the sun is looming. :)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bombers_rock wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Buddy Franklin is a star!!! The Hawks are very lucky to have him in their side.
I still disagree. Sure, he's had a couple of good games. I think he needs to improve his consistency before he'll seriously rate in my book.
i agree Bombers_rock the Hawks WILL be very lucky to have him in their side but isn't good enough to perform week in week out for the coach to rely on him... yet
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

A very good game. If Collingwood had kicked straight they would have won but that has been their problem all year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

How did Dicksmack play?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:How did Dicksmack play?
You're going to have to be more specific i'm afraid.... are you referring to Holland or Didak :lol: :?:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:How did Dicksmack play?
You're going to have to be more specific i'm afraid.... are you referring to Holland or Didak :lol: :?:
Yeah sorry.....obviously the bloke whose name almost fits in the word - Didak. :) Just wondering if he has his mind on the job....