Danny Chartres

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Danny Chartres

Post by boncer34 »

Just noticed this bloke on a team poster. Who the hell is he? Or in a politer way of putting it, does anyone know anything about him?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Recruited from Peel Thunder onto the rookie list. He is listed at 194cm and 94kg on the club website. I don't know much more about him.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Recruited so Gumby didn't get homesick.
solly4me
Top Up Player

Post by solly4me »

Saw a him play a couple of Games for Bendigo and looked quite good. Am always interested to see how he is going!
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Drafted so we could have conversations about the merits of Chartruse and then subsequent discussions about the availability of Bacardi 151.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rama_fan wrote:Drafted so we could have conversations about the merits of Chartruse and then subsequent discussions about the availability of Bacardi 151.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chartruese = magnificent drink (I still maintain it's not a girlie drink!)

I have since gone out and bought that bottle of death, Bacardi 151. It comes with a flash back arrestor and fire extinguisher.......
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

BenDoolan wrote:
rama_fan wrote:Drafted so we could have conversations about the merits of Chartruse and then subsequent discussions about the availability of Bacardi 151.

No! That is horrible stuff! :shock: :lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Isn't it Dean Chartres? Or maybe I'm way off the mark. I hear he's doing surprisingly well but doesn't have the body for the firsts yet.

I still can't believe that Chartreuse was invented by monks. Mind you, on a few occasions I've got a lot closer to god as a result of drinking it.

http://www.chartreuse.fr/pa_history3_uk.htm
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

andrewb wrote: I still can't believe that Chartreuse was invented by monks. Mind you, on a few occasions I've got a lot closer to god as a result of drinking it.

Well bugger me!!

How about that eh! Thank goodness I'm not on my own in drinking the stuff. It smells like an expensive after shave, and probably tastes like one also...

I told you it was good stuff jimmy!! :lol:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ossie wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

No! That is horrible stuff! :shock: :lol:
Ah, you should have joined in the chorus a few months ago! I was copping a hammering from a large contingent of "Bourbon" drinkers!!!
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

andrewb wrote:Isn't it Dean Chartres? Or maybe I'm way off the mark. I hear he's doing surprisingly well but doesn't have the body for the firsts yet.

I still can't believe that Chartreuse was invented by monks. Mind you, on a few occasions I've got a lot closer to god as a result of drinking it.

That's probably why after having it I can't manage to get any proper words out!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I'm rehashing old ground here, but chartreuse is the most disgusting thing known to man! It's what people make you skoll on your birthday to ruin your night.

And i take this opportunity re-pledge my love for ouzo and water. Great drink. No fizz, no fuss. Great change up after drinking beer after beer after beer.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Try a shot of Chartreuse...Light it on fire, and place a pot on top, to catch the fumes.Wait for the flames to die, lift the pot, n place it on bench so that fumes cant escape, then skull the Chartreuse, and suck the fumes up.

Potent Shit....Its called a gas chamber...But there is many other ways of havin an "alcoholic" gas chamber!

Ohh yes, i think this topic has gone way off topic :lol:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I'm rehashing old ground here, but chartreuse is the most disgusting thing known to man! It's what people make you skoll on your birthday to ruin your night.

And i take this opportunity re-pledge my love for ouzo and water. Great drink. No fizz, no fuss. Great change up after drinking beer after beer after beer.
Licorice licker!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

jimmyc1985 wrote: And i take this opportunity re-pledge my love for ouzo and water. Great drink. No fizz, no fuss. Great change up after drinking beer after beer after beer.
Wuss.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:

Awww, how about we get you some West Coast Cooler? :wink:
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I'm rehashing old ground here, but chartreuse is the most disgusting thing known to man! It's what people make you skoll on your birthday to ruin your night.

With you Jimmy Ouzo and ice for me but eventually the same thing. I call it cloudy death absolute gold...

Those bagging it are to scared to drink it!!!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Geez, i'm glad i've garnered at least one supporter for my ouzo & water - good on ya BomberDonnie! Go the cloudy death!

As for the rest of you, i say: shame. I suppose you're the mindless arseholes that indulge in puerile, sugar-laden shit like vodka-lemon-limes. Classless bunch of philistines and reprobates, the lot of ya.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Danny Chartes has regularly been named as one of Bendigo's best this season so thats a good sign. I believe he is a KPP and may be groomed to replace Fletch/Michael one day.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Danny Chartes has regularly been named as one of Bendigo's best this season so thats a good sign. I believe he is a KPP and may be groomed to replace Fletch/Michael one day.
Please stick to the topic!